Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for August, 2019

Today was cardio and I did Cathe Live, Jabs and ABS, minus the AB workout, 45 minutes, and I used 1lb gloves. Then I did Warrior Kickboxing, 30 minutes with my 1lb gloves. Total Workout time was 75 minutes and I burned 709 calories, which included a nice stretch at the end. My left hip is hurting again but in a different way. If feels more like tendon/muscle spasm and not like I am out of alignment. I did very few kicks in both the workouts and did squats instead. When will it end. I wish I new what was causing this issue? Maybe it is the deadlifts? I use super lite weights when I do them because I am fearful of hurting myself. I need to figure out a good stretch for my left hip/glute and hip flexor area.

Debbie, great job on the back workout today! That is great that it was short so you can get some walking in too! Enjoy your day at work.

Roxie, sorry you had a migraine headache! I have only had one in my life and it was horrible. Good job in getting a workout in anyway.

Diane Sue, nice job with the Kelly workout today. Is the step jump and pump a Cathe workout?

Belinda, I hope you get a nice workout in today!

BBL to read all of your posts and have a wonderful day.

Hi everyone,

My AC is working again. Cleaned all my floors this morning plus other work. I just finished Cathe Cardio . Did Cross Fire Plus Core premix today. Did all the high impact on my rebounder. My rebounder comes in handy for high impact, lol. Plus, I like jumping on it.

Jolie - got tired just reading about your workouts today. WTG, girl! I would need a nap after that.

Debbie - great job this morning.

Roxie - sorry to hear about your headaches. Hope you feel better soon.

Waving Hi to everyone that check in after me.

Reactions: WD
I'm back and finally have time to do personals.

Belinda - I heard the worst part of a colonoscopy is the prep. Not looking forward to it at all. I found a highly recommended doctor and made the appointment today. Fun... Great job with your workouts, glad you A/C is working again!

Jolie - How was Gloved Up and Ready? Is it the same format as her other kickboxing workouts where she does kickboxing and then going to the bag? I haven't done that one yet. No, we don't have a Nectar here that I know of. I probably should do a colon cleanse every once in a while. Maybe I will after all of this is over. Great job with your workouts, kicking butt! Sorry you are still having horrible hot flashes. At least mine are only during the day now and not that often. My holistic doctor told me stress can trigger it. And I was off from work from June 10 through this past Tuesday, so about 7 weeks. It went fast.

Diane - Did you get the lipstick off your tile grout? I hope you were able too, grout is so hard to clean. Maybe try Clorox Cleanup? When do your grandkids go back to school? Thanks for the tips when I get my colonoscopy done. I'm hoping the prep won't be too bad, but I'm sure it will be. I'll get a lot of reading done while I'm on the toilet. LOL! Great job with your workouts!

Roxie - Hope your migraine is gone, those are aweful!! Nice job getting a workout in, hope that made you feel a bit better.

Where is Doreen and DOZ? Wish they'd check in.

Have a great evening everyone!!

Good Evening,

Still have a headache but did MM 100 Fight Club, this one is my favorite and will be better when I learn all the combos.

Oh my goodness you girls I’ve been so busy with school and now we are selling our house but I’m getting my exercises in today was body beast bulk arms I’ve been doing body beast through the week and my weekends are all cardio seems to be working well for me great workouts everyone

Debbie, nice workout today. School starts next week, mid week. LOL on getting a lot of reading in while doing prep. The prep that I did this last time they said a lot of people still go to work. It is kind of a new thing divided tiny meals made for you with your drink. It even had drink flavor packets for fluids. They even had the times down for when I was to do each phase and when things stop before the time I hit the clinic. Make sure you get it done early in the day. My first time was scheduled for 3 oclock in the afternoon and I was so hungry. I haven't purchased anything to go back and work on the grout. I got the lipstick out of the towels and everything else. I am glad it is the grout under the front of the cabinet overhang. It is not quite as noticeable. Hopefully since the weekend is coming up, I can get back at it.

Jolie, I really liked the Jabs and Abs workout. Step Jump and Pump is a Cathe workout. It is on the dvd with Step Blast. I hope you can figure out what is causing your hip problem. I wish I knew what was wrong with my arm, shoulder, neck area. Just sitting here typing or playing the piano stirs up the pain. It is pretty frustrating.
Belinda, glad that your air is back up and running. I have not done Cross Fire for awhile. Good idea using the rebounder with it . I like having the rebounder ready for some of the impact on workouts.

Roxie, sorry that the migraine is still there. Nice work getting that workout in anyway.

Roselyn, good job getting your workouts in with so much going on.

Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Shoulders. Had a really good workout, this one really gets my shoulders burning. With the upright rows, I only did 6 reps with the 3rd set and 40# - that was hard to do.

This is what I did:

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 8's/10's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/reps

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
25#/35#/40#/40#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 11#/12#/12# - 10 reps each set

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:
10's/12's/15's/15's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
2 sets/10 reps (I did regular crunches so I did 20 reps)
Plank Twist Twist: 2 sets/30 seconds

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 252 calories and did 1746 steps. HR was 135/175.

I also got on my TM and did 20 minutes, walked 1 mile, burned 122 calories and did 2470 steps. HR was 115/128.

I got on my Max Trainer to do a workout but it wanted my user name and password. I don't get why sometimes it logs me off. So I didn't want to waste time logging in, etc. I will get it fixed later today.

Roselyn - Nice job with Bulk, these are hard workouts. I'd be interested in seeing your weights but I know you are too busy to post them. Great job!! And wow on selling your house!!

Diane - You might be able to find some kind of paint to paint over the lipstick on the grout instead of cleaning it off. Just a thought.

Be back later to see what everyone else does today!!

Today I did Pedal Power premix and added a bit to make it 40 minutes, met 7.5, 265 calories, heart rate average 127, max 172, 2,903 steps. I then did Ice to the Mat ball timesaver, 23 minutes, met 4.0, 75 calories, heart rate 87/116, 112 steps. I finished with Stretch Max with the band, 18 minutes, 42 calories, 64 steps (this had some spots that hurt my shoulder and I had to back off the band) Total time was 81 minutes, 382 calories, 3079 steps.

Debbie, it seems I am always having something need me to log in all over again or reboot. My Fit Bit keeps doing that and this morning I had to shut it down and reboot my phone then I have to turn notifications off and on to get them to work.

Hi everyone,

I walked this morning. Just getting around to post.

Debbie - wtg, on your workout this morning. Technology is time consuming. Very frustrating if you short on time and it want's you to do changes/updates.

I will be back later.

Today I went for the hardest walk/hike I have ever done in my life LOL! :) The hills I went up next to the Marine Base were so steep, I was loosing my footing. I swear I had to stop so many times to catch my breath and try to motivate myself to keep going. The last half mile back to my house is a really steep hill and I thought I wouldn't make it back home. Workout was 5.3 miles, 1 hour and 42 minutes and I burned 932 calories. My max heart rate was 180! My hip is hurting and I am starting to stand crocked so I probably better get back to the Chiropractor, I am too scared what happened to me last time could happen again. I wonder if it is the Deadlifts, with slightly bent knees is what is doing it? I wish I knew so I could avoid doing it!!! I guess I could stop lifting weights for legs and just walk and run, but then my legs look flabby :(

Debbie, great shoulder workout today! I thought Gloved Up and Ready was OK, I did skip the abs at the end which looked like a long segment. I think there are better workouts, but yes she uses the bags in the workout. I like that one I did last week with the metabolic conditioning, you burn a ton of calories.

Roselyn, where are you moving to? Are you guys downsizing? Great job getting the workouts in while you are so busy, I know, I just went through that myself.

Roxie, nice workout and I am glad you enjoy that one.

Belinda, I am glad you had a nice walk today, mine was an absolute butt burner :)

Diane Sue, nice job on Pedal Power this morning, I have a spin bike, I need to start using it. It kind of hurts my one knee so I do not use the clips for the feet, that way I can place my foot on the pedal to avoid pain. I should ride that for 10 minutes a day on higher resistance, that might really help with firming up my legs.

Well Ladies, happy Friday to you all and I am taking it easy today. Enjoy the day.

Jolie - after my walk, I did some work. That I had the bright I idea to attack my son's bedroom. He is married and moved out 3 years ago. He stores his huge book collection in his bedroom and basement. Well, I took all the boxes with books out of the closet and move my clothes in their. Not that I need more closet space, I have a huge walk in closet. I moved some of my clothes in my son's closet. I have some traditional german dirndl's, I only wear my Dirndl once a year, I have 4. It's very traditional for Germans to wear Dirndls and Lederhosen at Oktoberfest and other events.. You can get modern looking Dirndls, they really pretty.

Good Evening,

I did Morning Meltdown 100 Meltcon Workout 9 it’s a metabolic full body workout but it moves to fast an she doesn’t cue very well.

Jolie, my hips would hurt with all of those hill climbs. The same thing happens when I increase the tension on the tread climber treadles. Deadlifts usually affect my low back. I have to keep that bar close to my body and knees slightly bent. I don't go all the way down like I used to either.
I use the clips on my spin bike foot pedals. I used to notice my knees, and discovered doing adjustments on seat height and distance fixed that problem.

Belinda, they have an Octoberfest celebration here every year. I have never went to it though. I remember dirndl skirts being popular when I was young here. Probably not the same though as your traditional style. I don't keep my clothes in the master bedroom. They are all upstairs in my workout room closet. Coats take up some of the guest room closet. It is always nice to get some closets cleaned out.

Roxie, I am sorry her cuing is not good on the workout. Does she do well on the others you have done?

Jolie - I'm with Diane, I think your hip issues are those climbing walks you are doing. That can be brutal on the hips. Maybe cut back on those and see how you feel. Also, I agree with Diane about deadlifts, those will agitate the low back. I wouldn't think the hips would be effected by those. Be careful with those hills, that doesn't sound good. I know you like the calorie burns, but you are sacrificing your knees and hips I think.

Debbie I will start posting weights

Today was bulk shoulders

Lateral raise 11# 12# 13# 12
Arnold press 15, 16, 17, 16
Upright row with dumbbells 15, 16, 17, 17, 16, 15
Alt front raise 13,14,15
Plate twist I used a 15# dumbbell for all reps
Reverse fly Incline 6,7,8, 8,7,6

Today is my well deserved rest day, I worked out 6 days in a row and I am going for a long walk along the beach with my hubby and dog.

Walking is the best thing for my leg/hip/back issue per my Chiropractor. I have found out with much investigation that my hip flexors are extremely tight along with an issue called Piriformis Syndrome. This is the tightness and swelling of the Piriformis muscle that goes from the low back to the outer hip. When this muscle/tendon get sore and inflamed, it pushes on the Sciatic nerve and there is the pain! I watched a lot on this on YouTube last night and one of the biggest causes of this issue is from doing squats and deadlifts. Runners are very prone to this as well as bikers. There are many ways to stretch this muscle and I have to do it after every workout. I also have fascia that needs to be released. At least I am starting to figure out what the real issue is and what may be causing it. The problem stems from imbalance of the quads and the hamstrings, it is so important otherwise one muscle group starts taking over and the other is pulled out of alignment or gets agitated. I did stretches that I learned last night and feel really good today.

I hope you all have a nice day, it is beautiful here today, sunny and a bit cooler and no humidity!

Today I decided to just do some stretching. The PT website says to stay moving and gives some suggestions. I did Sarah Beth YouTube yoga seated and hands free to avoid putting weight on my shoulders and arms. Then I added some foam rolling. This took me 32 minutes. That is all I did.

Roselyn, nice work on the weights. I will be so glad when I can do upper body again. It seems it is going to be awhile though. Kelly has her new Pyramid upper that she added a few weeks ago. It is the second one and I have not been able to do it.

Jolie, enjoy your rest day and be careful. I am sure you will find what works for you. Walking is great exercise for most people. I was just thinking hills would be a lot more taxing on the area. Good that you are stretching out. Many people get imbalances because we tend to work front side and back side differently and sometimes there is a lack on oneside. I also like single limb work so I don't let one side do more of the work than the other. We all tend to favor what we feel good doing. I also have learned that it is not all about the calories, but about the effectiveness.

Hi,

I did Pyramid UB this morning. DH needed new tire put on his car today.

Tomorrow I will take a live yoga class at a vineyard near by, the class is very early in the morning. Should be fun.

Have a great Saturday.

Last edited:
So I've been remiss in posting here! We were on vacation at the start of August and last week was crazy catching up.

I signed up for a free trial of Rippedism. I've done several of their workouts (its on an app) now and they are very well designed. But as I realized this morning - not high on the fun factor ratings. I would much rather have Cathe Live or KCM RAW! I'm very sure these work but as workouts lead by guys tend to go they are just interval based and the cardio is very repetitive - no fun patterns or combos like Cathe does. In fact I may pull out my step for future workouts and insert step cardio instead of their cardio! They try to make all the cardio core focused which means lots of burpee, spiderman mountian climbers, etc.!!

Hope everyone is doing well - I'll try to catch up here over the next couple days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.