Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 7/29

Morning! I did 4DS HIS, including cardio and weights. I went up in weights on quite a bit and my back felt really strong. So that's happy. :D

Debbie: Enjoy STS- can't wait to hear what you think. I can guess on a few things, lol. :)

BBL- have a great day everyone!

Good morning everybody. It's my rest day today. I'll probably just do some walking around town. I also need a stretching session. Stressful work day ahead of me today.

Debbie, I also can't wait to hear what you think of STS. So curious.

I didn't get to answer the questions from yesterday. Buttercup, CLX is Chalean Extreme. It's a Beachbody program. I would classify it as intermediate. I'm using it as a stepping stone to get ready to do Cathe again.

Hi Diane Sue, I'm starting the 3rd month of CLX. It's a 3 month program, and it also has a one month maintenance program, but I'm just doing the 3 months for now because I'm doing STS next.

Thanks again for welcoming me, everyone.

Angelica

Linda, I hope you're feeling better!

Last night, I did abs and shoulders, bis and tris. Today will be legs, I think. Nice to just sort of go with the flow for now - when school starts, I will begin something structured. My stepmill is definitely calling my name so I will incorporate that today for sure.

My workout today was Rumble stopping after the heavy bag segments 431 calories, Kimberly Spreens Cardio Combat Surge bar mix 218 calories, STS abs stability ball and medicine ball, finishing with Rumble stretch. Total calories burned was 850 50% fat. Max hr was 157.
I felt lazy about fixing breakfast so ate leftover Clean Eating Apricot Chicken Curry :D I am out of yogurt and cottage cheese. I hate to drive into the City just for a couple of items. The only real store in town is Dollar General. I doubt I will get what I want there. There is rumor that a Braums will be coming into town pretty soon:D That will be nice.
The Concrete and fence people aren't able to start today because of all of this rain:( I will be so glad when we have a fence so I don't have to either walk my dog or put her on a tie out when she needs out.

Angelica, how did you like CLX. Do you think you got some results from it?

Debbie, I think you will really enjoy STS. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts:D

Patti, that is great that you were able to go up in weights with 4DSplit. Maybe STS helped:)

Morning manics-
Everyone is off to a great start I see. Yesterday I did 45 minutes cardio-5 min jump rope warm up (on 30 off 30), 1 mi run outside, and Kickbox Surge combo's 1 and 4, surges 1-5. Get this, total calorie burn was 863 !!!!!!!!!! I almost dropped when I saw that :) Made up for the cookies someone brought to work :O Tonight, DH and I are going to see Wicked. We will be eating out first, and I told hubby we have to split a meal.

Angelica-thanks for the response. I finally figured what it was and saw it on ebay. Is it worth it? Getting any good results?

Debbie-good luck on STS. I really liked it and am going to try it again. I'm feeling a little too spastic right now.

Shana-have fun on the step mill

Patti-nice work on the 4ds

Diane Sue-nice work as usual. do you like RUMBLE? I have her other kickbox wo's and I like them quite a bit.

Has anyone got insanity or thought about getting it? I am also contemplating P90x...
TTYL-
Theresa

Morning Maniacs -

this morning I did Gabrielle Reece's Upper & Lower Body Circuit followed by a 20" total body cardio segment off of her other DVD. Workout was 75" and I burned 491 calories.

I also did Yoga for the Back & Stress Relief (also from Gabby Reece's site).

This workout was VERY basic stuff and not that interesting. I doubt I'll reach for it much, however, I love Gabby.

Theresa - I have the Deluxe Insanity set. My DH has been doing them and loves them. He's been using my Pit workouts and Insanity lately. I haven't tried one yet, as I'm injured from the car accident and have a leg muscle tear, so I'm trying to watch impact, however, I might try one tomorrow and try to workout around my injury if possible.

Diane Sue - where are you living now? and where is the closest city?

Have great workouts everyone.

Theresa, I really like Rumble a lot. The kickbox portions don't seem that intense but if I can really put my all into them I can get my hr up pretty well. It is when I get to the heavy bag that my hr gets up there. It is about half heavy bag and half kickbox then there is a 14 minute dynamic stretch(I think that is what Amy called it) where you use some light dumbbells to increase the stretch. I like that a lot too. Another thing I like about it is it is not hard to do choreography.

Lora, dh got a job in a close by city. It isn't that far really. It takes me about 15 minutes to go to the grocery store since most of it is country driving. Our local town is almost 3 miles away. I am just used to going 1/4 mile to the grocery store. It just doesn't feel worth the drive just to get a couple of items. I did that drive yesterday to go to our bank and take back and item to a store. It is kind of a waste of gas. When school starts back up I will be doing that drive almost every day 2-3 times a day:eek: So is your dh getting good results from The Pit and Insanity? I did the Pit a few times but injured my arm and knee so never really wanted to go back and try it again. But I keep hanging on to it because you never know:)

Diane Sue - hard to tell if my DH is getting results from Insanity/Pit yet. He initially lost 20 pounds or so when we were split up for those 5 months....so he looks great! He only has a small amount of his problem area left (love handles). He gained a few pounds siince we've been back together so he's been hitting it hard with Insanity, running, The Pit, and Weights...but he has whiplash injury and sciatica just like me...so he can't do Insanity as many times a week as he'd like to.

Lora, dh got a job in a close by city. It isn't that far really. It takes me about 15 minutes to go to the grocery store since most of it is country driving. Our local town is almost 3 miles away. I am just used to going 1/4 mile to the grocery store. It just doesn't feel worth the drive just to get a couple of items. I did that drive yesterday to go to our bank and take back and item to a store. It is kind of a waste of gas. When school starts back up I will be doing that drive almost every day 2-3 times a day:eek: So is your dh getting good results from The Pit and Insanity? I did the Pit a few times but injured my arm and knee so never really wanted to go back and try it again. But I keep hanging on to it because you never know:)

DianeSue - You're spoiled, all shopping for me is at least a half hour away!:p

Morning manics-
Everyone is off to a great start I see. Yesterday I did 45 minutes cardio-5 min jump rope warm up (on 30 off 30), 1 mi run outside, and Kickbox Surge combo's 1 and 4, surges 1-5. Get this, total calorie burn was 863 !!!!!!!!!! I almost dropped when I saw that :) Made up for the cookies someone brought to work :O Tonight, DH and I are going to see Wicked. We will be eating out first, and I told hubby we have to split a meal.

Theresa - Nice calorie burn!

Yippee! The headache is gone! Thank you everyone for the healing thoughts!:D

This morning as Meso 1 Disc 11 Back & Triceps. And it went someting like this.....

Lat pulldowns with band dbl purple band/10 reps
Double Arm Rows with Band
purple band/28 reps
Dips on chair BW/16
Seated Overhead Extensions One Arm (dumbbell)
13#/10
Chinups
BW/9 unassisted w an up 1 down 3 count (WooHoo)
Flat Bench Barbell Triceps Extensions 45#/15
One Arm Row (dumbbell)
42#/15
T-Pull with band
purple band/36 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions (dumbbell) 21's/15
Barbell Rows 70#/21
Y's with band
purple band/36 reps
Kickbacks One Arm (dumbbell) 18#/15
One Arm Horizontal Row (dumbbell)
40#/15
Deadlifts (dumbbell)
42's/8
Seasaw Pushups
BW/20 reps
One Arm press Down with Band
dble purple band/36
Chinups 3 unassisted/8 assisted
Seated Overhead Extensions Both Arms (dumbbell)
35#/15
Barbell Rows 70#/21
Double Arm Rows with Band
purple band/36 reps
Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Extensions on Ball (dumbbell)
17#/15
Pullovers (barbell)
40#/15
Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) 17's/15
One Arm Band Kickbacks
purple band/36 reps
Pullups 10 inverted rows up 1 down 3
Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell) 21's/15 (okay almost didn't make this)
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms 35's/10
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms
30's/10
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms
25's/10
Close Grip Bench Press (dumbbell)
35's/10
30's/10
25's/10

Linda, I know I am spoiled:p I lived in the country a lot of my life growing up. Just got used to everything being right there:) Glad your headache is gone. I know how miserable they can do.

Lora, I sometimes have a hard time seeing my results if I am not eating right. When I see results despite not so clean eating I know I must be really working it:) Those are some tough workouts. I have been eyeing Insanity. I just ordered 24 7/8 inch thick puzzle tiles from Great Mats to give me more cushioning for my workouts since our carpet in this house feels like I am jumping around on concrete. I don't want the plantar faciitis back again. I have been looking at flooring for the workout room for awhile now. Just wasn't sure what I wanted to do.

Theresa, I really like Rumble a lot. The kickbox portions don't seem that intense but if I can really put my all into them I can get my hr up pretty well. It is when I get to the heavy bag that my hr gets up there. It is about half heavy bag and half kickbox then there is a 14 minute dynamic stretch(I think that is what Amy called it) where you use some light dumbbells to increase the stretch. I like that a lot too. Another thing I like about it is it is not hard to do choreography.

I'm glad to see your review on this, Diane Sue. I have this workout in my Netflix queue and looking forward to getting it. I'm really liking Amy's workouts. She has come a long way since her first few step workouts. I hated those.

Barbell Rows 70#/21

Linda, are you serious? 70# for 21 reps??? Holy smokes girl! You rock!!!

Nice workout!

Linda, are you serious? 70# for 21 reps??? Holy smokes girl! You rock!!!

Nice workout!

Yeah, but she stands up after each set of seven, so it's not as hard as ya think. And I will have to admit I feel I went a bit too heavy on some of those exercises, but darn it I was suppose to increase the weight and there was no way I wasn't!:p:p:p I know I am an idiot!
BTW, I just pm'd you.

Debbie, I have some of Amy's earlier workouts and hardly ever use them. She has really come a long way:D

I want Rumble- DH even has a heavy bag. :cool:

Ok guys, I'm out. I won't be on here tonight- hanging with DH. I miss him already. :D I will be back Monday with RT stores- can't wait to workout with Cathe in person. Later!

Patti, wish I could go. Have fun and let us know details;) You would love Rumble because it has a decent heavy bag workout.

I just got my new Cathe bands and heavy tubing. I am replacing a lot of my bands and tubing. I also purchased a Superband from Perform better along with some mini bands that are like versa loops but shorter. It always seems like the ones I had are a little big for getting a good workoout.
Has anyone seen this new workout that is coming soon? Scroll down to the youtube http://carldaikeler.blogspot.com/ It looks like a good one although they are trying to sell sneaks with Tony's one on one. I need to go look at that too:D

Angelica, how did you like CLX. Do you think you got some results from it?

I love it. I'm starting the third month. I'm leaning out, and I'm seeing some good strength gains. I'm feeling lots of new muscle.

It's so much fun for me that it's the first rotation I've ever been able to stick to. The best thing is that it has gotten me into a solid 3x/wk strength routine. I was hit and miss before.

Angelica

Lora, I have not tried the tubing or bands yet. I was surpised that the tubing had the door attachment on it. I purchased the heavy one. I will say that at first I stood on it and gave it a couple of pulls and it did not seem as hard as my old silver one that I have to push myself to try. I kept trying to find out if a doort attachment was included. I also just ordered a door attachement from Amazon since I was ordering something else. From what I have heard the non latex bands that Cathe has feel harder than some of the old bands. I felt that I needed to get new ones since mine have been stretched many times. Plus, doggone it I like to use the same thing as the instructor so I know if I am working hard enough:p

Angelica, that is the first rotation that you have been able to stick to means something. A workout has to motivate you to want to do it. Some are good but just don't motivate if you know what I mean. I do hit or miss sometimes because I get bored. But I have followed long rotations like STS and P90X.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.