Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 7/21

You know, sometimes I wish I could just be that lazy slob that can eat what she wants and sleeps in every day. Today was one of those days. I was just so comfy in bed with my hubby and kitty, but I dragged my ass out anyways. Was kicking myself all the way down the stairs and literally almost turned around to go back to bed.

Oy. I don't know what keeps me going sometimes.

Today was total body and I did Muscle Intensity Strength. Wow, I haven't done this workout since July of 2006. :eek: And I forgot how long it is. Over an hour and 20 minutes. the leg workout alone is 25 minutes long. I did it all but only was able to do half the ab work. I think if I have it in me I'll do some kind of ab work when I get home. Maybe KP&C. I like that one.

Used the same weights as Cathe except went higher with a few exercises but not by much. She picks some good exercises with this workout. I enjoyed it once I got started.

Glad I got 'er done!

sorry...there was not a thread started when I started one.

I'll repost here
Morning Maniacs-
I thought I would get the ball rolling. I did not get to post my workout yesterday, and quite frankly it was less than stellar. I did 30 minutes to fitness bootcamp #1...26 minutes, 250 calories. I was in no mood to work out but something is better than nothing. I will do some cardio tonight. I am off to Florida tomorrow for 5 days. I am packing my kettlebell and a resistance tube. I have some metabolic drills and tabata style circuits I can do. This week is all about timesaving.

Have great workouts.

BBL-
Theresa

p.s. regarding yesterday's posts, I still have paint swatches on my wall from when we moved in 4 years ago....I just cannot decide on colors

Morning! Kids are at camp and I'm supposed to be working (my usual story, ha) but the server is down so I had guilt free workout time. I did GS back, shoulders and biceps- did a set of 15 pull ups at the beginning and end of the back portion and added another set to any 2 set exercise. I really burned out everything, especially the biceps. Then since I had time, I did the 4 hi/lo sections from SJP. Good stuff.

Theresa: LOL at your paint. And I think those 30 minute to fitness workouts are great! I love them.

Debbie: Need to investigate MIS legs as a nice LB add on...

Where is Ally? Teddy?

I got my workout in. This was one of those days where I kept looking at the clock but pushed anyway to get in a decent workout. I didn't sleep much last night due to storms and allergies. I started with a treadmill hill walk jog for 2 miles to warm up and burned 201 calories. Then I did Amy's APX lower body with the multi joint segment, I followed with 10 minute Solution Kettlebell ultimate fat burner bun and thighs, then I did Butts and Guts bonus legs and stretch. I really like adding those sit and stands, leg presses, and glute lifts on the ball
icon_biggrin.gif
Total calories burned today was 737.

Teresa, I like the 30 minutes to fitness bootcamp. That is not a bad calorie burn for a short workout. These are handy when wanting to get some weights and cardio in a short time. LOL on the paint swatches. I couldn't do that I would be grumpy everytime I looked at them as a reminder that there was something I needed to do.

Linda, I will probably be storing some paintings in the closet for awhile because I just can't make up my mind where I want to put them right now and was thinking that I would like to change some of the frames to group some of the smaller ones together. I hung the grandchildren's pictures first:D

Yeah, I finally painted the hallway yellow and one wall in my exercise room/office yellow. Now it's on to the bedroom. It continually annoys me but moving furniture to paint and then hating the color would annoy me more.

Diane Sue-I love how you take bits and pieces from different workouts. It has inspired me to do the same. Sometimes, I really like variety and I usually find I really like certain parts of workouts. What is Amy's APX? Do you like her weight work?

Debbie: I don't own MIS. Is it worth purchasing? Does it have premixes? Way to work out when you don't feel like it.

Patti: the 30 min bootcamp was not bad especially given my mood. Great job on adding the pullups. Do you do them assisted? I got an iron gym and really need an iron woody band. I saw a demo on youtube where you jump up and then work on the negative as slow as possible but I am still not very strong when it comes to them

Great workouts!!!
TTYL
Theresa

Last edited:
Diane Sue: I have APX and have yet to do it. It is a post Road Trip project- how would you characterize it? Endurance? Hypertrophy?

Theresa: Yes, I have the Iron Woody bands- I bought the 3 pack that is made for pull up assistance. I started with the gray (most assistance) and now am on the green (middle assistance). I'm gettin' there!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Been working out. Just been busy and haven't posted.

Friday: Legs/Back/Abs
Saturday: KPC with my sister
Sunday: Off
Monday: Chest/Back/Ab Ripper X. Did 155 pushups and 38 pullups altogether. Compared to 114 pushups last time to 32 pullups. Making progress.

Very busy today. My focus is on CLEANING! My house is getting to me. How does it get this messy so fast??? I will ride my bike in the evening.

Debbie: I don't own MIS. Is it worth purchasing? Does it have premixes? Way to work out when you don't feel like it. Theresa

Theresa, if you like total body workouts, this is a must have. I think there are premixes on it too. Can't remember. It's the DVD with Power Hour on it so you get two total body workouts. It also has the original Body Max workout on it.

Debbie - that is one of my all time favorites. I really like power hour too, and Muscle endurance. those are all my favorite total body workouts.

I did PUB today and did ok - considering I have been sick and busy! I added some pull ups and then walked on incline treadmill for 15 minutes with 14# weighted vest.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Debbie - I know exactly how you felt this morning! Great Job!

Theresa - Too funny about the paint swatches!

DianeSue - See that's the problem I still have family pictures that are not hung!:eek:

This morning I did Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp Kickbox Workout. It was fun but too short so I ended up repeating some of the hard cardio drills to make it longer. Kimberly always surprises me, I start out thinking her workouts are too easy then all of sudden she does some drill that really gets my heart rate going. Workout was 1:03 and burned 497 calories (yup, I forgot to look again:p).

Patti, most exercises in All Pump Extreme are in the 12 rep range. Amy has a way of making those 12 reps tough and seem long. I cannot go quite as heavy as I can when doing Slo Mo. As in today's leg workout those bucket squats holding the bar overhead are tough. I believe a couple of the exercises she uses an 18# body bar. I just use a barbell. Bucket squats I do with 25#. On the body bar sit and stand she sits on a bench with 3 risers and holds the bar in front so you are going really low. I use a 35# barbell. I go heavier on the hack squats using 65# (she does this with heels elevated which really gets the quads) Dumbbell balancing stick seems to go on forever because you are balancing on one leg holding dumbbells while leaning forward and moving a dumbbell out across, front, and side repeating 12 times. I like her use of tubing in most of the body parts. Upper body segments are good too. Just a little short

Theresa, I really like Amy's Slo Mo and All Pump Extreme. I have used them quite a lot. She adds new touches to exercises. There are lots of premixes on both of these workouts. It really adds to the variety of exercises that I do. I highly recomment both.

Just got done w/ wo. Kelly's 30 min to fitness kickbox #1 and Amy's in the ring combo 1 and 2. 48 min total 460 calories.

Tomorrow I am going to get up and do a total body workout and quick cardio. I leave for Florida around noon. While I am there, I will do quick tabata style workouts: one with a resistance band and one metabolic circuit. Neither workout takes more than 20 minutes but at least I will get something.

BBL-
Theresa

Charlotte, that's a lot of pushups! Great job!

I just got back from visiting my family in Washington for a few days. I didn't workout all when I was there, although we took a couple walks. Today I am finally back to working out with Muscle Max Timesaver premix.

I discovered when I was home with the fam that I have gained thirteen pounds in a year. Up to 119 from 106. I'm 31 so maybe my age has something to do with it, I don't know. The weight is fine because I'm 5'5.5'', but I'm just shocked. I had no idea I'd gained so many pounds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.