Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/22

Today was drop sets, I decided to stick with this rotation for 2 more weeks. Then I'll figure out what I'll do next.

Today was Back and Biceps. Had an exceptional workout. Got a late start, but still had a great workout. Had to skip my treadmill warmup.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

BACK
T-Bar Rows:
65# - 8/8/8/8
***This felt really light. Should have went to 70#.

Dumbbell Pullovers:
42# - 10/10/10/10

**Double-Arm Rows:
25's - 12/12/12
20's - 10
15's - 12
12's - 12
***These made me burn. By the last drop set I was fried. No rest after set 3.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
62# - 8/8/8/8
[color=blue***3# away from my record. Very happy with this.[/i][/color]

Pinwheels:
22's - 10/10/10/10
***Should have gone to 25's for this.

**Incline Dumbbell Curls:
22's - 12/10/10
17's - 8
15's - 6
12's - 10
***I petered out quickly here. My bi's were fried. Plus I upped my weight for each exercise today so that made a huge difference.

That is all....

Morning! No WO yet today- cardio later while the kids are napping. My diet was sucky this weekend. I don't know what my deal is lately but I can't stay focused.

Debbie: I love T bar rows! I think Cathe only does that in one DVD- PS maybe? Makes me want to do that one! I need to google pinwheels.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning! No WO yet today- cardio later while the kids are napping. My diet was sucky this weekend. I don't know what my deal is lately but I can't stay focused.

Debbie: I love T bar rows! I think Cathe only does that in one DVD- PS maybe? Makes me want to do that one! I need to google pinwheels.

Have a great day everyone!

Patti - I love T-bar rows too. Especially since I got my T-bar handle for the bar. It makes a HUGE difference. And yes, Cathe does this in PS. I'm surprised she doesn't do them more. Pinwheels are an awesome forearm exercise.

Morning, chics! Today, I am swimming, biking and running and will do core work. The swimming is H.A.R.D!!! I've read up on some tips though and that helped. I'm also going to the store today (where I will pick up the race packet later in the week) to quiz them some on what to expect. This should help calm my nerves. Starting training a week from the day of the race is not wise, FYI :eek: If I were a good swimmer, then I would not be worried at all. The swimming part is not the issue - it's the rhythm of the breathing. Going to be a lot of talking to myself during the practices and the race b/c I have to swim long and slow rather than fast in order to make it. Last night, as I was lying in bed...wide awake...I told myself - This body is a machine~I can do anything I put my mind to~ I AM a machine~I can do this~I can do this...I can do this...I am a machine! I think I fell asleep telling myself those things :D I am not doing weights this week at all. I'm too afraid of doing something that would make me sore or worse, pull some muscle or get an injury of some sort. This is all new to me though so if that does not seem wise, please give me your input.

So nice to be home and back to the routine, even though it isn't much of one during the summer. I did need the mental break though.

Happy Monday :)

Debbie - nice workout. Is your mom still doing great?

Patti - I am jumping on the eating train today. We are going to Austin late Wednesday through mid Friday and I will have a hard time staying on for those meals but I'm going to figure out some stuff to take with me to help out. First stop will be the grocery store b/c we have nothing here and I can't put off that trip any longer :p

Morning all

Just did oh what ever disk 2nd leg in meso 2. Tri sets..
A little quivery.. on this one..
I did push it to my max . Guess that is a good thing..
3 weeks till vacation and i am so ready for a break..
Tomorrow is back and bi and some cardio.. May not be around . Have a Dr appt after work and don't know if i will have time at work..
Take care all and keep workin hard.
Diane Sue did you get the disks??

My workout is done. I sure had a lot of phone calls while doing it:rolleyes: So I did it twice LOL I did High Step Challenge two times. I increased the weights the second time burned 958 calories. I finished with Tracey's Yoga Solutions post kickbox mix. Total calories burned was 1012. The rest of the week is going to be crazy. I have to be out the door at 7:30 the next 3 days and Friday we get our house. Not sure how much working out I will get in.

My diet was sucky this weekend. I don't know what my deal is lately but I can't stay focused.

Patti - This could' ve been my post!:confused:

This morning I did 4DS HIS Back & Chest, including the weight work for the first time. But I did the weights first premix. Boy that woman likes pushups :p. Anyway I went heavier than Cathe on everything, but went too heavy on the Incline Flyes and managed to strain something in my neck, of all places. Hurts like he**!:(:(:(

Good heavenly days - I did the full thing today - 300 meter swim, 10 mile ride, 3 mile run. I didn't wear the HRM for swimming but for the other, burned 871 calories, MAX HR 178, AVG HR 162. I figure the swim added another 100 calories.

Patti: if you are going to do your sprint tri, start training prior to 1 week before the day :)

Diane Sue: HSC TWICE?? Wow. Good luck on your week too.

Linda: I haven't done 4DS in a long time. I HAD to have it when I first discovered Cathe b/c everybody talked about it so much. I'm glad to have it but for the most part, never think to pull it out. Maybe I will do that again - keep me posted on what you think about it.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon Protein Pancake
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; Kiwi
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/2 tbsp. low sugar Strawberry jam
M6: Parmesan Talapia; Cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocoalte Protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1465 calories
51 g. fat - 31%
122 g. protein - 33%
138 g. carbs - 37%

Carbs are a bit high today. Not sure why?? :rolleyes:

Hey Maniacs!!!

Not much time again today to catch up with conversation. Just glad to see everyone going at it hard.

Posting Saturday's workout:
Cardio Coach 6:
Burned 475 cals
6.1 miles

ABS: several from Abs Diet Book

Sunday: OFF

Today:

CARDIO on elliptical, burned 258 cals, 30 mins and 3.1 miles.
Gonna work arms and abs now and will post tomorrow. Bike ride tonight if it doesn't rain. Always raining it seems. Weight is still the same, but I don't let it bother me cuz I am working hard, and that is what counts and so the body just needs to realize what is happening and behave!!!! ;)

Eats have been too much today but I did manage to get in Tracey's Step Sweatfest. I love that workout- such fun choreography. I love the whirlybird, when I get it right. :)

Shana: Good advice! LOL. Hey, at least you know you can do it now.

Diane Sue: Um, twice?? Yeah, you're the maniac of the day!

Linda: If you ever do STS you'll KNOW for sure she loves pushups. Sheesh! But it did improve my stamina and form b/c I did so darn many. Eats sucked again today but at least I worked out. FOCUSING NOW.

Gotta run!

Hello Ladies,
I'm not feeling well at all today. I'm not sure what is going on, but I woke up very dizzy and nauseous, and it really hasn't improved. I had to leave work. So needless to say, I'm going to take the day off from working out. I'm going to try April 07's rotation for a bit but modernize it. It's the intense cardio/heavy lifting/clean eating.

I hear you on the eats...I have 2 modes-weekday and weekend. I really let loose on the weekend and it has to stop. I figured I have 5 areas that need improvement and I'm going to tackle them one at a time. First is eating breakfast on the weekend, second decrease eating out, third (or maybe first) NO (or very little) alcohol, fourth MORE WATER, and fifth is more fruits and veggies. It's summer, I should be able to grill some form of vegetable and eat healthy. I will get it together.
Hope everyone has a great evening.
Theresa

Diane Sue - I'm sorry about Puddle but it sounds like you found a very good home. It's good that you were picky. And with Mudd I hope it all works out. Is it just a temporary situation while you are moving? Thanks for what you said about my pictures. I've gained a bit since then even. I just keep working really hard and lifting heavy. I hope to take some more pics in the next couple of weeks or so. Just been so busy lately. Good luck with your move!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.