Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 10/23

Today was shoulders and I added traps in here because I had time. This rotation has traps being worked on back and bicep day and that workout is long as it is. I like working traps with my shoulders anyways.

Had an excellent workout. For once I really felt it in my shoulders. It's been a while since I've really fatigued these muscles. I also changed the exercises a bit. They use the same exercises for each one of the three months and I'm sick of them.

45 seconds rest between each set.

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
30's - 4/4
25's - 12
15's - 20/18
***These burned like crazy. By the last set I was really struggling.

Seated Lateral Raise:
15's - 4/4
10's - 12
8's - 20/20
***LOL! Never thought I'd use my 8# dumbbells again! This exercise uses no momentum when you do them seated. They were hard. Top of the shoulders were on FIRE!

Dumbbell Upright Rows:
30's - 4/4
25's - 12
15's - 20/20
***This exercise was fairly easy. Should have went a bit higher in weights.

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
15's - 20/20
***Got a great burn with this.

TRAPS
Barbell Shrugs:
155# - 4/4
145# - 12
130# - 20/20
***Last two sets were tough.

No cardio. :D

That is all....

Morning Maniacs :D

This morning, I had a good cardio blasts workout, yes indeed.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I did a 30 minute slow steady run (which remind me, I never took the key out of my treadmill) Duh:eek: and I did PyoX (oh boy was that fun, don’t get me wrong it was hard to, I was breathing heavy had too hit the pauses button once:confused:

Stats:
208 cal burned
2.5 miles travelled

Debbie: Nice work;)

Were oh were is Toasty? :(

Debbie: Okie Dokie :p;) wish I could've stayed on treadie a bit longer, but....... Darn it got to run home on lunch to unplug key, silly me :rolleyes:

I forgot to say that I did ab work last night. I ended up doing Kick, Punch and Crunch ab work (love that one) and then I did some hanging leg lifts and knee lifts on my Power Tower. Abs are a bit sore today. :D

I don't often take the key out. Is that a problem? I read that it should be done (in the manual) but I never remember. My daughter, on the other had, likes to play on the TM (she's 8) and always remembers...

Good morning!

I woke up at 3am with a headache. Not migraine strength but pretty bothersome nonetheless. Sometimes when I do a really tough cardio workout before bed (like I did last night w/CC#8) that will happen. I finally got up and took Extra Strength Excedrin. About 45 mins. later it worked but with all the caffeine in it I was awake for about an hour and a half. Needless to say I was pretty tired when my alarm went off at 5! So I slept longer and ended up only doing 47 minutes of steady state on the elliptical, keeping my HR at 155. That actually felt good for my body. Since the only cardio I EVER do is high intensity stuff I think my body appreciated it. With all the trouble I got into at the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine for overtraining I guess I should learn to do an easier cardio workout now and then so I don't fry my adrenal glands. :)

Today was supposed to be YogaX, but you know I'm not going to do yoga, hence the cardio.

Debbie - Great workout. Your weight always astonishes me! You all are going to have me changing my mind about ab work, you watch. :p

Teddygirl - Are you skipping yoga too? I'm impressed that you added 30 minutes of treadmill work onto PlyoX - as if that isn't hard enough!

Suz: Never/ Ever will I do Yoga :D not in this life:eek: or the next:eek: LOL. Really tho, Yoga just isn’t for me, I can't get into it. I plan to do StretchX. I hope you feel better, nice workout, STILL!

Alarm didn't go off this morning and had to run off to DD's school for her big debut as a duck. But I did manage a Amy's ITR Premix which was about 45 minutes and I added my weighted gloves for intensity.

I got to bed way to late last night. Had to push myself this morning. I ran on the treadmill this morning for 6.5 miles. Then I did Tracey Staehle's Parts dvd pilates, yoga two times, and stretch segments. I burned 827 calories 40% fat and Maximum Heartrate was 161. I was so busy yesterday that I did not eat enough calories. Took my granddaughters to Sonic to get dinner before we had to go to a church activity. We accidentally got an extra fry so I ended up eating that with my salad. I used my own fat free dressing though. Yesterdays calories was 1613. Protein was 96 gm, fat 65 and carbs 171. I was way off. Protein was way low and fat quite a bit higher than usual. I bought my cottage cheese at Target so could only get 2% fat. Didn't do any weights today. I want my shoulder to feel better. Also waiting on Tony's one on one Road Warrior tubing workout. It was supposed to be here by today. Then I will add to it where I think I need to. Today so far I had cottage cheese with 1/2 scoop designer whey protein powder, a caramel latte:eek: at Sonic while helping granddaughter with spelling before school, and an whole egg egg white omelet with asparagus, poblano pepper, onion, and a small amount of 2% cheese. Not sure what dinner will be. I think I will only have one of my grandchildren here for dinner tonight.
The thing with Sonic lately is my granddaughters are collecting these halloween tots and my dd gave me a coupon card :0 This is messing me up big time.

Teddy and Suz, I like yoga and I hate it at the same time LOL It does help me with posture, balance and flexibility. I think i lose my posture and form when I quit doing it as much and that is when I manage to injure myself. Stretch X is a good stretch. Tony hits everything right down to the ankles:D

Debbie, you are lucky to get some soreness in your abs. It is a rare occurance here. Sometimes something new and really intense will do it for me.

Suz, sorry about the headache. I keep some plain aspirin just for those times when I think I need something but don't want to chance the caffeine from Excedrin. I have had a headache for a week and a half now. Trying to leave aspirin and excedrin etc alone. I had 1 good day but that day I used my foam roller and sat in the hot tub before bed. I haven't had time the last two days so it has cropped back up. I think sometimes the high intensity stuff causes the blood pressure to rise and that can cause a headache.

Last edited:
Suz - Sorry you have a headache. I have one as well and it seems to be getting worse as the day progresses. :mad: Not liking it one bit. And good for you for doing a steady state workout. Those bore me to tears but I know they are necessary once in a while.

Linda - Good for you for getting something in. I hate when I wake up late. TG that doesn't happen too often to me. Throws my whole day off.

Diane Sue - LOL on your latte! I love latte's. Haven't had one in such a long time. I need to get me one soon. Don't worry about your eats yesterday, it won't hurt you any I'm sure. Nice calorie burn today! My abs are only sore because it's been over a week since I worked them and I added in stuff I usually don't do (thanks to your motivation). Your abs don't get sore anymore because they are use to being tortured. LOL!

Hi Chatty Batty Maniacs

I worked too late last night to get in shoulders and arms, but I did press play this morning. I will try YogaX tonight, but no promises. I am still super sore everywhere. The good news is I am back in my size 6 Banana Republic Suit that I haven't worn in a year!

Weights for most everything shoulders was 8# and I was up to 10's last time. Triceps I'm really pushing it at 5#. I did not do the bonus round because I had 7:30AM meeting. I am happy leaning out, I'm too tall to get big muscles, I will be happy with some definition.

Diane Sue, I have driven by the new Sonic's here a dozen times and didn't know they had gourmet coffee. you are great grandmother! I don't think you should worry about eating some fries once in a while. I love fries and allow myself one every couple months.

Linda...big debut as a duck, how cute! I hate getting up late, screws up the whole day.

Dallys, what are you gonna do after the RCR is over?

Suz..sorry about the migraine, now do your yoga woman.
Same to you Teddygirl...downward dog it.

Hi to Shana and all that follow..

Amber

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I don't know what the heck the deal is, but I have been so hungry lately. Yesterday I ate over 2000 calories and ended up adding a Yoplait Whip and an apple and I was STILL hungry! WTF?!

I don't remember being this hungry when I was only eating 1600 calories a day.

Meals for today (if I stick with it)

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: 4 oz. turkey on 1 slice whole wheat bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Brownie Clif bar
M6: Potato crusted cod; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1844.5 calories
46 g. fat - 23%
163 g. protein - 35#
205 g. carbs - 44%

May add in an apple with M6. My carbs are high but I'm thinking that's what I need right now.

Debbie - That's because of all that crazy weight work you do, your body needs fuel!!!

Amber - Congrats on getting back in the suit! Way to go! Nice picture BTW!

Oh, and here is my duck.....

Attachments

• DSCF4031.jpg
    DSCF4031.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 13
You guys are so sweet. My headache has been gone since about 3:45am. The Excedrin worked it just kept me awake!

Diane Sue - I know what you mean. Sometimes if I get too many headaches and am taking too much Excedrin I start getting rebounder headaches so I'll have to wean myself off of Excedrin and just not take anything and that's hard b/c then you just have to live with them. But the increased dosage of Trazadone seems to have pretty much knocked out my daily headaches. I hate taking those daily meds, but I was taking so much crap anyway, I figured what the heck? I'm sorry you've had a headache for so long. Maybe those lattes? ;) I hope your shoulder gets better soon. What do you think it is?

Linda - CUTE DUCK!!!! Great job on getting that workout in too. I think you need a break. How about just a week off? Imagine how refreshed you'd feel coming back?

Debbie - I'm sorry about your headache. :( That's a bummer. I hope you feel better. I watched The Girls Next Door and then Chelsea Lately while doing my steady state. She cracks me up! I've been getting hungrier lately too. I woke up STARVING in the middle of the night - with my headache. I almost had some ff milk but I was too lazy to get up.

Amber - GREAT pic!!! Finally a face. And such a pretty one. :D Good for you doing PP today. And then Arms & Shoulders? Am I reading that right? And you're going to attempt YogaX tonight (BLECH!)? What are you, Superwoman??? Congrats on getting back in your suit. What a great feeling!

Suz...thanks, yes haven't quite had the time to put my old picturetrail on, but I should. And no, push play is the X only, ya know how Tony says just push play....well I meant that not Cardio Coach. But yep, will give the old yoga x a whirl.

Linda...so cute! What a great costume, she is adorable!
Amber

Debbie, somehow I missed it, but I wanted to tell you that I am always hungry in that week right before TTOM. I could devour anything. After day 2 of TTOm I am back to normal no appetite here lately since I wiped my carbs out.

Amber

Hey Crazies! This morning I did 50 min. of intervals on the treadmill, followed by slim & limber stretch. I watched "It's me or the dog" on t.v.,while listening to an audio book, "Hard Eight" on my nano. I'm a multi tasker.:D
My son gave me the sad news that I have a fat dog! Carma has gained 12 lbs! All she does is wait for treats at the pantry door and has trained us all to give her one every time we pass by...she's a genius!

Linda- That costume is adorable! Love it!

Debbie- I'm sure you have put on some more muscle and need more calories now. You've been lifting some awesome weights lately!

Amber- What a cute picture of you and the tongue dog! Also, congrats on fitting in that old suit! Is it you doing the South Beach diet? You've lost 12 lbs, right? After RCR, I'm thinking of doing a Jari Love rotation for a month, then maybe do P90X.:eek:

Diane Sue- Most of the stores around here don't carry 1% cottage cheese. About the only place that does is Wal-Mart. So, I buy 2% quite often. You've made me want a caramel latte...sounds yummy! I rarely go to Sonic, but when I do I always buy the diet 7-up limeade drink, never bought any food there.

Teddy- StetchX is a good one. But, like Amber said, "Downward Dog It!":p

Suz-
I'm glad your headache is gone. And, you need to "Downward Dog It" too! Plus, I still believe that we all need to do abs and walking lunges.:p:p

Shana, Teddy- I never take the key out of my treadmill.:eek: I always thought it was just for protection in case a kid gets on it and hurts themselves.

Hermia- I remember reading all about how great walking lunges were too! I still think they are good. Maybe he's just saying they aren't the best thing for the butt. He seems to think they are great for the quads. All I know is that my butt gets sore if I do them. So whatever, lol!

Pebblesus-
yep, it's hard to keep up when they are on the 4th page by 10:00 in the morning! What type of photoshoot are you going to do?

Sonya- Looks like you had a great workout yesterday! Eating is great too.

Hi Everyone! Today was an easy day.....I knew I wouldn't be able to workout tonight so I did LIS 4DS w/8in step. I am NOT a morning person so I was proud of myself for getting up and just doing it! Looks like everyone else had great workouts today!

Linda...TOO CUTE! I miss my son being little and dressing up for Halloween. He is almost 16 and 6'2"...and not done growing.

Suz...I love Chelsea Lately, she is hilarious!

Amber...good for you for getting back into that suit!!!!!!

Dally's...HA! Your dog sounds like my 2.5 year old black lab. He does the same thing...and it's hard to say no! But he is 100 lbs and all muscle!

Diane Sue...yum, a latte sounds good! I love the pumkin latte at Starbucks! Too bad they are only seasonal....actually, that's proabably a good thing! :)

Debbie...Serioulsy doubt consuming extra calories will hurt. You have so much muscle it will burn off easily!

Heading out to get my hair done and then having dinner with my DH.

M1 1/2 wg bagel w/NPB (preworkout)
M2 4 egg white cheese and veggie omelet, 1/2 wg bagel, cup of berries
M3 mini chicken/veggie pizza
M4 XS energy drink
M5 swordfish, rice and veggies (I will treat myself to a glass of wine)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.