Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 10/21

This morning I did another one of my Cardio Coach mixes. Had a great workout even though at 5:30 this morning I certainly didn't feel like getting on that treadmill. I pushed through and did well, though. I hate that I don't love cardio anymore. I remember when I couldn't wait to do a cardio workout, no matter what kind. Now I dread it.

Cardio stats:
1 hr. 2 min.
51 minutes in zone
419 calories burned!!!!
4.19 miles travelled

Hottie Maniacs

Last night was Chest and Back p90X and I progressed from the last time I did it in march. I used 8# for all and can go up on the heavy pants and lawnmowers, not sure about upping it in flys.

I finally gave my new chin up bar a good try, it's 14 ft up, so that is a challenge. I used the chair and only got up with assistance and then lowered myself down slowly. I'm feeling DOMS in places today that I have never felt before. Last round of the X I used the lat pull down machine we no longer have.

Sonya..I'm 5'11" with a 34 inch inseam you look great! I may pull out the Interval one next week. I love many california wines...haven't heard of that one, but will look next time I'm at Trader Joe's.

Suz and Teddygirl get your energizer bunny jumper out for PlyoX tonight. I like that workout. I forgot about the instant crush I get for Tony...how bad can 12 weeks of looking at him truly be? LOL, the legs still freak me out, grow some hair TONY!

Dallys, getting a wee bit bored with RCR heh? I think Skwigg mentioned that too in her blog, she got the leaned out results though. I wouldn't mind building the butt Valerie promises though, so let me know if you get that result!

Linda, I did not notice a flub in Rumble, what is it? Probably because it was my first time through.

Hi to all I missed.

Calories yesterday were around 1200, cause I woke up in the middle of the night and had peanut butter. I hate waking up to hunger pains in the middle of the night. I'm gonna gradually bump the calories up as soon as I see the weight staying off.

Back to work.
Amber

Morning,:rolleyes:

I slept in late this morn, I didn’t wake until 6:30 which is waaaaaaay late for me, considering I’m in the tub by 7. Any who, will do Plyo tonight, promise:p I tell you, every UB muscle is sore today, I can hardly move:eek:.

Debbie: I did one chin up last night, the way you suggested :)and ooh we, felted it real good. The hold for 3 seconds and then lowering down slowly:eek::eek::eek: big differences.

Amber: Big ^5 on your progression up:D

Last edited:
Did not want to get out of bed this morning, at all! Got up any way and did Amy's ASC 3 through to combined 3 & 4, took about an hour, than had to stop because I had to take DD to school this morning.

Amber
- In the fourth combo in Rumble, on the right she teaches the first half of the combo a few times, then teaches the second half a few times, then puts the too halves to together a runs trough it a few times. On the left she teaches the first half, then the second half but never puts them together, she goes back to the right and runs through the completed combo on both sides once. It's just unbalanced and bugs me.

Morning Maniacs!!

Lotta action on the board yesterday eh? I noticed this moring that it was a two-pager :)

Yeah I don't understand how Diane can do so much damn cardio! I can barely muster 30 mins now and then.. so I don't do much of it. Then again Ive been pretty fatigued the last few months..

Anyway.. training was about two hours.. I finally hit my milestone and pushed my squat up to my goal (which was spossed to be reached my years end).. although I only did it for 3 sets, then dropped to last weeks weight for the remaining two.
Big kudos to me though :)

Legs-
Squats 5 X 10/8/8/drop 10#/8/8
Leg Presses 5 X 8 up 20#
Machine Step-Ups 3 X 10
HS Curls 3 X 8 up 5#
Machine Step-Ups 2 X 10
There was about 1 min rest btw all sets

Back-
Pullups 3 X 6/5/4 definitly went up here in the sub sets
OH Pulldowns 5 X 8/8/8/ up 5#/dropped 15#/12/12
Neutral Pulldowns 4 X 10 ss w/
Str8 Pulldowns 3 X 10
Close Pulldowns 3 X 10

High carb day for that training.. then back to low carb for a couple days.. I get so lost when I get all my trianing done in two days.. I don't know what to do when I have to rest for two or three days lol!

Happy Workouts Maniacs!!

Good morning Peeps!

Last night I did P90X Chest & Back. Okay - I SUCK! I can do pushups allllll day long but get me on that pullup bar and I can't do 'em - YET. What is my problem? I tried to get up there and hang but I couldn't do it unassisted. I can do a couple chins unassisted and then I can jump up for a couple more chins (yes, it's quite entertaining) and then I can assist up on a couple more chins and lower myself down unassisted, but darn it if I can't get up there on pullups and let go to hold on. I know it's only week 2, but...DEBBIE - HELP!

This morning I did PlyoX. Tough workout. It's not so hard at first and then it hits ya when you have about 30 mins left! I don't know why I was thinking I would skip this one and do my own cardio. Ha! Had to use DH's HR monitor strap b/c mine pooped out on me. I think it needs a new battery.

Debbie - Great job even though you hate cardio. I'm sorry. :(

Amber - I'm with ya. I really do like Tony too. I remember now how much you hate his hairless legs. DH shaves his legs too since he's a cyclist. I know lots of guys who do since I'm a cyclist too. And my good buddy who is a bodybuilder - big ol' muscles and hairless legs. :eek: Congrats on your progression!

Teddygirl - Last week every muscle in my upper body was screaming. Week two is better. Way to go!

Linda - Great job on getting out of bed and working out even though you would have rather slept in! Doesn't it feel good?

Pebblesus - Great workout! Now watcha gonna do? :p

Oh - I posted the front of my hair in OD under a thread called Brazilian Keratin Hair Front or something like that. It's a bigger version of my avatar...in case you're interested.

Last edited:
Suz - It takes a lot of forearm strength to do pullups. Are you doing them close grip or wide grip? Start with a close grip, that is easier. Palms facing out. Keep doing what you are doing, you will get stronger. Maybe do some hammer curls on your bicep days and try to go a little heavier with that exercise. Also, concentrate on using your back muscles to do the pulling movement. Your forearms will come into play, but don't focus on that, focus on using your lat muscles to pull you up. Mental focus really helps.

Today I did Tracey's new steady state step. There is a lot of dancy moves in this one. It will take me a bit to get all of the turns, mambos, chachas and stuff. It was 55 minutes and I burned 343 calories and 60% bodyfat.
Then I did the power premix to this one minus w/up and stretch and it ran 17 minutes and I burned 139 calories, I then tried out the athletic premix of Hi/Lo Med ball skipping the w/up and burned 181 calories. I think that was around 25 minutes without the w/up. I added the abs from this with a 10# med ball, 4Day Split Kickbox abs segment, Butts and Guts abs, and two sets of hanging knee raises with a 10# med ball while waiting for dvds to load,I used 5# ankle weights on Butts and Guts and for all I used 5 and 10# dumbbells. I finished with Rumble stretch using 3# dumbbells.
Total calories burned today was 849. During the power and athletic segments of these workouts I got my hr up to 151. During Steady State Step as is I only got up to 130 but I was fumbling around with the moves so I am sure it will be better once I get it.

Linda, I noticed that Tracey did that on her new workouts. I was kind of expecting to do one thing and all of a sudden I was switching to something else:0

Debbie, maybe you could find some new cardio that peaks your interest. If I did treadmill all of the time I would be bored to death.

PebbleSus, even if I am not feeling so great it is hard for me to do just 30 minutes of cardio. I always feel like I am just getting warmed up at 30 minutes. I know that if I could make myself slow down a bit I would probably gain more muscle. Probably would have to cut down on the eating though;)

Suz, I will have to go check out the front view of your hair:) I have a hard time with hanging triceps dips on my tower. It is so much harder than those ones you do off a bench. I do 2-3 and then I take a break and then repeat. It is tough. Same with pull ups. But they are effective exercises.

Amber, I laughed when you mentioned Tony's legs. I never noticed. I guess I am one of the least observant people on here LOL

Diane Sue - I've thought about doing some of Cathe's kickbox again or step, but I don't really have much "cardio" room in my workout room. I think you are right, though, I am burned out on the treadmill. Once again, excellent workout!

Debbie - Thanks!! Yup, I'm doing all kinds - P90X has you do them every which way in the world - wide grip, close grip, palms facing out, palms facing in, you name it. I will try to go heavier on hammers. That's a great tip too. And I read something about focusing on your back. Hadn't really thought of that which is dumb since the P90X workouts that have these in them are back workouts. Duh! And you make a good point - mental focus. I'm really going to work on that. I want this really bad for some reason. I can't even tell you why. I don't know if it has something to do with the funk I've been in and it's just a new, big goal that is giving me a new focus or what. I'm obsessed! :eek:

Diane Sue - Hanging triceps dips? What are those? Now I'm going to have to go look those up. I def need some tricep work! Is this another goal for me after P90X? I don't have a tower though, just a pullup bar hung from my ceiling in my basement, which I love! Great workout by the way. I hear you on what you said to Pebblesus about cardio. I could never do just 30 mins. Cardio is what keeps me sane!

Debbie - Thanks!! Yup, I'm doing all kinds - P90X has you do them every which way in the world - wide grip, close grip, palms facing out, palms facing in, you name it. I will try to go heavier on hammers. That's a great tip too. And I read something about focusing on your back. Hadn't really thought of that which is dumb since the P90X workouts that have these in them are back workouts. Duh! And you make a good point - mental focus. I'm really going to work on that. I want this really bad for some reason. I can't even tell you why. I don't know if it has something to do with the funk I've been in and it's just a new, big goal that is giving me a new focus or what. I'm obsessed! :eek:

Suz, this was something I wanted to master as well. It took me a good few months to get up to 10 reps but when I did I was so damn happy and felt so accomplished. I haven't done them in a while and will start again on Saturday with this next 4 weeks I'm doing so we'll see how I do. I'm sure I've lost a lot of strength with them. I have a love/hate thing with chins or pullups. But I feel so great when I do them.

Meals for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (post workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 3/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: 4 oz. turkey on 1 slice whole wheat bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Double Dark Chocolate Zone bar
M5: Potato crusted cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1661.5 calories
47 g. fat - 26%
142 g. protein - 34%
169 g. carbs - 41%

Kind of high in carbs but that's ok. I've been so damn hungry all day.

Morning or should I say "afternoon" ladies! How is everyond. I have been MIA. I was in S.C. trying to find a new facility for my father and then I started a new position and have been training.

I have been doing the pyramid workouts and the muscle endurance. I also have been combining these with weight segments from the 4DS and am really liking it. I need to loose a couple of pounds - and am not in the mood for cardio. I have been doing some kick box workouts -

AMBER - thank you for sending me the workout. I do like that one.

Take care everyone.

Suze - please let me know how you are doing with the pull ups - I am really having a hard a time with them. I am doing close grip palms out - and I can 4 unassisted. I do find that standing on my stability ball offers really good assistance.

Hi Maniacs

Ally, you are welcolme. that has to be my favorite Amy and that was the one that caused me to try her step.

Just finished Plyo, well I had forgotten exactly how tough it was, I got totally through about 36 minutes (thought of teddygirl) before I had to shorten the intervals to recoup. I burned 620 calories but stuck with it...I always crack up when Tony says, don't smoke a cigarette here, while doing the leapfrog thingies..what a dork! cute dork. very cute hairless dork.

I'm loving all of Debbie's advice on the pulls and chinups. I figured it must be my lats that are killing me now, and my abs, and my shoulders...feels good though.
Amber

Hi everyone! I have a HUGE presentation I have to give this afternoon to all the big-wigs at the district office. I'm stressed! I workout in the afternoons so it will be good to go home after the presentation and relieve all this stress. I have Kick Max scheduled for today!

Amber---yea, another tall girl:) My sister works at Delicato which is a winery in the town I live in. The have some very good cabs. I highly recommend their 337 and Gnarly Head (not sure if they sell them at TJ)

Suz, Your hair looks great! So pretty! Looks so sleek and soft. ....my hubby was in law enforcement too, 31 years, he had a GREAT retirement deal and took it. TOO young to be retired though, needs another job:) Although I do get my all my dinners cooked for me now!

I checked out cardio coach. My hubby is a big runner so I think I will purchase that for him for Christmas....and I can use it too!!!!!!!

Suz - Your hair looks great! As far as the puul ups go, I once got the tip to ...Focus on pulling your elbows down, instead of pulling yourself up. It may just be a mental thing, but I think it works!!!

Hey Maniacs! Today I did Jari Loves Ripped 1000. Just needed more than 30 min. of intervals on the treadmill.;) My eating has been terrible for the last week. I need to reel-it-in pronto before I do damage!! We've had cousins from out of town here and all we've done is eat out and eat out, now I can't stop.:mad: I was doing so well before that.:(

Amber- Yeah, I'm getting restless with this rotation (as I usually get with any rotation) but it's also been fun at the same time. I'm on my 5th week and have 6 weeks total. I think I went into this without really having the full commitment feeling. She does some great exercises and I'm sure I'd be looking better if my eating didn't go off track here.:rolleyes: Definitely a leaner-outer and not a muscle-building rotation and that's what I was looking for. She has a butt workout I'm going to try some as soon as I'm done with the original workouts.. I need butt work!

Suz- Thanks for posting a front pic of your hair. It looks good from that angle too. I had a hard time taking my eyes off the bulging biceps though!:p:p

K- that's all I have time for. I feel like I'm ignoring everyone, sorry! Still reading all you say though.:)

Here's Rob! How cute was he?

339701134.jpg

Last edited:
Debbie - TEN REPS!!! Oh my! Will I ever be able to do 10? I bet you haven't lost that much strength. Have you looked at your avatar lately?

Ally - 4 unassisted is pretty impressive in my book since I can't even do one! My pullup bar is up pretty high so I don't think I could reach it from my stability ball. My basement is unfinished and it's attached to the rafters. I might kill myself!:p

Sonya - Thanks. My hair has never been this soft. I'm lovin' it. DH wants to put in 25 years at this PD (he had about 5 years before this) and then he'll retire and he'll only be 48 - in 11 years. I'm already 46! Yup, I'm 8 years older than he is. He's got a photography business and it's starting to get a lot busier between here and where we are moving to south of here, so that's good. He doesn't necessarily want a full time job after he retires and he definitely doesn't want to do law enforcement anymore.

Linda - That's a great tip. I'm really loving all these tips. I just wrote that one down b/c I'm afraid I'll forget it. Even if it's mental, Debbie said something about the mental part of it.

Dallys - I know...the biceps were pretty distracting, weren't they? :p Hard to focus on my hair. Rob is sooooo cute! I like his little haircut! Did you groom him in your shop?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.