Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 10/20

WEEK 9

This starts the next 4 weeks of this rotation, which will end up being 5 weeks because I want to take the week of Thanksgiving off.

This was a definite puke status workout. Higher sets, reps and less rest time. I really felt this workout. Worked Chest and Triceps.

45 seconds rest between each set

CHEST
Incline Barbell Press:
100# - 4/4/4
90# - 12
75# - 20/20
***This felt easy until I got to the 20 reps. Holy crap!

Barbell Bench Press:
110# - 4/4
85# - 15
70# - 20/20
***Same here. By the time I got to the last two sets I was struggling. I hate high reps.

Decline Dumbbell Press:
47's - 4/4
35's - 12
22's - 20/20
***Right shoulder was bugging me by this set. However, last 2 sets were easy. Should have used 25's.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
22's - 20/20
***Lots of clicking going on with the right shoulder. I hate that.

TRICEPS
Weighted Bench Dips:
90# - 4/4
80# - 12
65# - 20/20
***Excellent burn on this.

Lying Tricep Extensions:
60# - 4/4
50# - 12
40# - 20/20
***Should have went higher with the first two sets. Last two sets weren't too bad, I thought I'd have trouble with this exercise but I didn't.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
47# - 4/4
40# - 12
35# - 20/20
***Big time burn here.

Kickbacks:
12's - 20/20
***I hate kickbacks.

That is all. I'm wiped out!

Good Morning:)

Sorry I missed you guys over the weekend, I had my GK 5 1/2 months and 4 yr old and boy oh boy me tired.

This morning, I did P90X chest and Back and Abx I did lousy with most moves especially abs, that's tough.

(Two rounds)
Standard Push ups 24/32
Wide Front pull up 10 chin up bar/15 band
Military push ups 20/24
Reverse Grip chin ups 5 chin up bar /16 band
Wide fly push ups 30/25
Closed grip overhand pulll us 9/10 chin up bar
Decline push ups 9/12
Heavy pants 15/15lbs 10/20lbs
Diamond push ups 10/8 2nd round I dropped to knees for 4 more
Lawnmovers 16/15lbs 8/20lbs
Dive-Bomber push ups 10/12
Back flys 10/10lbs 16/10lbs
(when using my chin up bar, I used chair to help get me up and then lower down, soon, I get better)
Abs

I check with you guys when I get to work I have to go downtown, ttyl;)

Debbie: ^5:) nice work as always.

Morning Manicas..

Perfect *autumn* day here in the northeast :)

Chest-
PUB
Flyes 5 X 12/10/1 min/8/1 min/10/10 ss w/
Presses X 5
Decline Flyes 3 X 10/8/10 ss w/
Decline Presses X 3

Shoulders-
Front Raises 3 X 12/10/8 ss w/
Lat Raises X 3
DB Presses 4 X 10/12
RD Flyes 4 X 15/10/8/12
Cubans 3 X 10 ss w/
RD Presses 3 X 10

Tri's-
OH DB Presses 3 X 12/10/8 ss w/
Lying Extensions X 3
Band Extensions (over door) 3 X 10

Ab's-
Bike
Low Bike X 3
Floor Lifts X 3
Ball Planks

That's it.. just under an hour.

Happy Workouts Maniacs!

Last edited:
Well, I never even heard the alarm go off this morning. DH finally woke me up half an hour after I was suppose to be up. Must been really tired because felt like I had no strength this morning, by the second superset I was feeling shaky and I don't mean my muscles I mean me. It was weird. So my pull and chin number went down :eek: :mad:.

Superset A
Pullups
6/8, 5/8, 5/8 **Down one on first set :eek::mad:***
DB Floor Press
8/8/8 - 46's **up a half a #**

Superset B
Chins
6/8, 6/8, 4/8 **down two on first & last set :eek::mad:**
Db Incline Press
8/8 - 41's
8 - 40's **Like I said I was feeling shaky so I dropped the weight***

Superset C
Inverted Rows
15/15/15
Decline Pushups
20/20/20

Took everything I had to continue on and do the cardio, but I got 'er done!
Did a 20/40 ration for 8 rounds using the second power up from ASC 1, which is a leap over the step for eigth, jump on top for eight, then jump over for eight. Then did combo 1 from ASC 3.

Debbie
- Wow! :eek::eek::eek::eek: 'nuff said.

Morning Peeps!

Well, as you know, I was going to do cardio AND P90x Chest & Back today. Since today was my big day that I could wash my hair, I ended up starting my morning with getting any creases out of my hair before my workout and I admit I got a little carried away. Before I knew it, it was time to get in the shower! So, no cardio for me today. I will do Chest & Back when I get home. But I weighed myself, figuring I'd gained a few pounds these past 5 days (now 6) of no cardio and I've LOST THREE FRIGGIN' POUNDS (b/c I was up one pound to 112 the day I started no cardio)! And I've been lifting more. What the heck? And I ate like a pig all day Saturday and regretted every minute of it. What is up with me??? I'm down to 109. And I'm pretty sure I'm still 5'8" so I don't think I'm shrinking in height. So maybe it's good I took one more day off of cardio - although not great for my heart. :)

Teddygirl - Do you do unassisted pullups? Darn woman! That's my goal you know. I can go unassisted on the way down for chinups, but that's it right now. You'd think with my skinny @ss, I could do unassisted everything!

Great workouts you guys. It's rainy here today.

Suz: nope!:eek: Not there yet. I was trying to find my notes, on how to help me develop, unassisted chin ups. Any who, I used a chair, (one foot on top of chair) I think I read you jump up which I did :D and lowering down real slow. I think that’s how you develop (if I’m not mistaking) Right now, I can only do 1 unassisted. Another, thing, I don’t care for AbX at ALL:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Yoga and Abs are going to be replaced with something:eek:

Last edited:
Teddygirl - The best way to strength train for unassisted chinups or pullups is to pull yourself up until your chin is over the bar (use a chair or the ministep if you have too), hold it for about 3 seconds and then lower yourself down really slowly. Do this until you feel like puking. LOL! You'll be amazed at how quickly your strength will build up. I did this about once or twice a week and then just attempted them when I felt ready. I'd do as many as I could and would always try to increase it with the next try.

Debbie: Thank you :D until I feel like pukin :eek: You gave go info, cuz, I didn't hold but one second, I was trying to get my ass down:confused: Next time ;)

Maniac Monday Hottie's

Hi All,

Debbie...wow is right.

Teddygirl, I was going to ask the same thing Suz did about the chin ups. There is a guide somewhere on U-tube that someone posted in OD quite awhile ago about getting started with chins/pull ups. Debbie has the right idea. There is also a way to rig your bar with bands, or tubes to use your knee to assist in getting up.

I have been going back and forth with the thought of another round of p90x...since you two are doing it, I will hop on board, since I have been trying chins and pulls...this will force me to use the bar! Plus I have the P90Xplus that I haven't even pulled out of the shrinkwrap yet.

So...tonight is chest and back. I will go the lean rotation this time adding cardio in. I will attempt more of the yoga this round, but quite frankly I could never get into, nor stick with it past the 45 minute mark.

Suz...I'm soo jealous...I have to basically shock my system with calorie counts less than 1200 and tons of cardio or interval to lose weight, you just stop doing cardio!

Hermia..thanks for asking I'm a cabernet chic and I do love my wine. My DH is an Italian and we collect many bottles...believe it or not my favorite tried and true is Charles Shaw..it used to be called 2 buck chuck, but it's now 3 dollars a bottle. I love it.

Ok Maniacs, sorry for being so chatty..
Hi to all I missed,
Amber

OK...I'm still in shock over Debbie's weight for tricep extensions! I'm lucky if I can use 8 pounders for 3.

Amber

Hi All,

Teddygirl, I was going to ask the same thing Suz did about the chin ups. There is a guide somewhere on U-tube that someone posted in OD quite awhile ago about getting started with chins/pull ups. Debbie has the right idea. There is also a way to rig your bar with bands, or tubes to use your knee to assist in getting up.

Amber: Come on down……:rolleyes:really tho, Lean is an excellent choice. Thank you. I started to do the Lean, but, decided not too. I’m going to add cardio anyway, so I figure I just go through the entire program, for once:confused::confused:

I like to make a correction, see what happens when your half
Deranged (sp check) from working out.

I posted I used a BAND's not true, I used my Door Gym:cool: :D:D

Meal for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: 4.5 oz. turkey on 1 slice whole wheat bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; apple
M5: Black Cherry Almond clif bar
M6: 6 oz. chicken w/Shake & Bake in salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites w/ 1/4 c. cheddar cheese

2009.5 calories
50 g. fat - 22%
210 g. protein - 42%
183 g. carbs - 36%

Not sure what my eats will reflect now. I'm not doing the High, Medium, Low days because I'm not following the food part of this rotation. I'll keep my calorie range between 1800-2000 for now, carbs lower then protein and see how that goes.

I finished my workout. Today was supposed to be a free day. Had 4 calls during my workout. My son in law bought over the baby for awhile since he had some stuff to do. Anyway workout went like this Body Max 2 wup, power circuits, and bonus cardio(43 minutes) and I burned 324 calories, then I did Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2 intensity mix cardio only twice 22 minutes and burned 203 calories, I put in Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 and did combo 5, all combos, power ups and cooldown and burned 186 calories so total cardio calories was 713. Then I did 4Day Split lower premix, repeated the calves and added 2 sets of 12 reps stability ball bridge to hamstring curls, I finished with step Challenge 3 stretch and Tracey's circuit zone foam roller segment adding a few other foam roller moves. Total calories burned today was 1088 only 35% fat burned as the cardio was intense. I got Tracey's new dvd's today and my new shoes came:0 I was surprised on the running shoes because I ordered them this weekend:D I am expecting One on One with Tony Road Warrior workout in a couple of days. So I know I will be working these new workouts into my rotation.Right shoulder was really hurting this morning. I didn't use the hot tub last night and foam roller so I think that is why. I need to lay off of it longer I guess. It felt better and I worked it last week.

Suz, I have lost weight when I did not workout before. I think sometimes we shed some of the water that is in the muscle from the hard workouts we were doing prior to a rest. I think it is good for the body to give it some breaks anyway:)

Linda, it sounds like maybe you needed some extra rest more than the workout:)

PebbleSus, enjoy your autumn day. It is beautiful outside here today too. The sun is shining and it is not to hot or to cold:)

Debbie, nice workout as usual. That seems like such short rest periods with th heavy weights.

I finished my workout. Today was supposed to be a free day. Had 4 calls during my workout. My son in law bought over the baby for awhile since he had some stuff to do. Anyway workout went like this Body Max 2 wup, power circuits, and bonus cardio(43 minutes) and I burned 324 calories, then I did Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2 intensity mix cardio only twice 22 minutes and burned 203 calories, I put in Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 and did combo 5, all combos, power ups and cooldown and burned 186 calories so total cardio calories was 713. Then I did 4Day Split lower premix, repeated the calves and added 2 sets of 12 reps stability ball bridge to hamstring curls, I finished with step Challenge 3 stretch and Tracey's circuit zone foam roller segment adding a few other foam roller moves. Total calories burned today was 1088 only 35% fat burned as the cardio was intense. I got Tracey's new dvd's today and my new shoes came:0 I was surprised on the running shoes because I ordered them this weekend:D I am expecting One on One with Tony Road Warrior workout in a couple of days. So I know I will be working these new workouts into my rotation.Right shoulder was really hurting this morning. I didn't use the hot tub last night and foam roller so I think that is why. I need to lay off of it longer I guess. It felt better and I worked it last week.

:eek: Holy crap! Diane Sue, I don't know how you eat enough to support your workouts. You probably could eat up to 3000-4000 calories and still not gain a pound.

Nice workout! I could not stand doing all that cardio. You totally blow me away with all the cardio you do! :eek:

:eek: Holy crap! Diane Sue, I don't know how you eat enough to support your workouts. You probably could eat up to 3000-4000 calories and still not gain a pound.

Nice workout! I could not stand doing all that cardio. You totally blow me away with all the cardio you do! :eek:

DianeSue - I second what Debbie said! I also agree that I probably could have used the sleep more. This is the last week in this rotation, so I am considering going light for a week before I start the next heavy rotation. I also forgot to mention that I did Rumble this weekend. It's a fun workout, but the mistake in combo 4 drove me crazy!

Okay since starting P90X I need to be accountable:rolleyes:

Meals today:

1000mg Vitamin C w/1Tbsp on flax oil
M1: BSN protein shake (post workout)
M2: 1 turkey patty w/wheat bun, romaine & mustard
M3: yogurt w/2tbsp of flax seed
M4: McDonald crispy snack wrap :eek::eek::D apple
M5: chicken w/carrots and broccoli

Last edited:
Debbie...dang, you could bench press me with a few pounds to spare!

Suz, we are pretty much the same size, both small boned, but you are taller by a couple inches. Skinny + a bit on the taller side = difficulty finding pants that fit properly (skinny enough and long enough). I would guess that is more so the case for you at 5'8''.

Ooooh, Diane, you got Tracey's new workouts! Maybe mine will be here today too! I am not sore anymore so looking forward to tonight's workout!

Amber - OH YAY!!! I'm so happy you're going to join us P90x-ers! What fun!!! As far as the weight goes, I know I'm not eating enough calories. If I posted my eats every day you guys would tsk tsk me I'm sure. Someday I'll get it all figured out. :) I was just surprised that I actually lost weight from no cardio. I'll be thinking of ya when I do Chest & Back tonight!

Debbie - Thanks for that awesome tip about staying up over the bar. I'm gonna try that tonight. Can't wait! And when I master these things I'll have YOU to thank!!!

Teddygirl - We ARE gonna master these things!!!

Hermia - You are so right on the pants. American Eagle jeans fit me really well but I have a really hard time with pants. I'll try them in the store and I think they're okay and then I wear them to work and I swear they look so big and I feel like a dork. I have some like that on today. They are a 1/2 from Maurice's and they're falling off. :( I really like them too. But the smaller ones are too short, even in the longs. But if I don't get something I'll never have any pants. Where do you buy your pants?

Diane Sue - Is that the One on One with the bands that you're getting? I love that workout!

Where's Dallys???

Diane: Nice workout ;);););):D Let me know what you think about Tony workout. I got his Plyo, going to view it tonight.

Suz: Let me know, I may try ONE tonight, only too feel the pain:confused: I'm sore especially around my lats.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.