Hardcore check in November 16,2009 Monday

WD

Cathlete
I am getting this started. I am going to do some sort of workout but still not sure what. I know it won't be upper body for sure. I think my neck is slightly better this morning but I haven't drug my head around very long yet LOL I want to make a recipe I found on All Recipes for chinese shrimp tofu soup for lunch. The ratings on it were good and it doesn't look like it will take hours or be complicated. It is low fat and twice as much protein in it as carbs. I will check back later.

Linda, I will be praying for your Dad. Glad that you let us know.

Linda-I will say a prayer for your father as well.

Diane Sue-I'm sure you will have a great workout, you always do

Yesterday was HIIT and today is weights and ss. My eats over the weekend were less than stellar but I didn't completely derail. I'm going to have to switch up some of the weekend meals b/c 6 is too many and I won't get them all in.

BBL
Theresa

So I decided to try out P90X. Did the first workout this morning and I'm not sure I'm going to like it for a whole 12 weeks. We'll see. I changed some of the exercises because I just find doing 12 sets of pushups ridiculous. I also used bands for the pullups. Not sure I liked that either. Next time I'll add in at least one or two sets of real pullups.

First workout was Chest and Back. This is how it went:

Standard Pushups - 26 reps
Wide Front Band Pulls - Blue band/28 reps

Military Pushups - 15 reps
Reverse Grip Band Pulls - Blue band/20 reps

Dumbbell Flyes - 25's/20 reps
Close Grip Overhand Band Pulls - Red/Blue bands/20 reps

Decline Dumbbell Press - 30's/15 reps
Heavy Pants (double arm rows) - 25's/15 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press - 25's/20 reps
Lawnmowers (one arm rows) - 25#/18 reps each side

Dive-Bomber Pushups - 11 (I like these)
Back Flyes - 15's/20 reps

Did this all over again but reversed each exercise.

Wide Front Band Pulls - Blue/Red band/18 reps
Standard Pushups - 25 reps

Reverse Grip Band Pulls - Blue/Red band/22 reps
Military Pushups - 15 reps

Close Grip Overhand Band Pulls - Red/Blue bands/16 reps
Dumbbell Flyes - 25's/18 reps

Heavy Pants (double arm rows) - 25's/12 reps
Decline Dumbbell Press - 30's/15 reps

Lawnmowers (one arm rows) - 25#/16 reps each side
Incline Dumbbell Press - 30's/17 reps

Back Flyes - 15's/20 reps
Dive-Bomber Pushups - 12 (I like these)

So I felt nauseous about 3/4 into the workout. Not sure what that was all about because I didn't feel like I was working all that hard. Until I get use to a rotation, the first few aren't at my best. So I hope I'm not getting sick. I feel ok now, a little hungry, though.

Broke a sweat but that's about it. Hopefully I'll get more into this as it progresses.

Linda - Prayers to you dad. I know exactly what you are going through. {{{{hugs}}}}

Diane Sue - Where did you go to preorder Tracey's new workout? Hope your neck/shoulder gets better. I know that pain all too well.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Quick post from my Dad's Hospital room. They haven't taken him down yet. Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate it.

I did P90X Chest & Back too. I did it as is, but dropped to my knees on the pushups when I needed too and used a chair on the pullups when I needed. I will have to post my stats later as they are at home. My upper body is toast. I imagine I will be hurtin' later!:D

Debbie - I will send you a pm! Nice job this morning.

Theresa - Good luck with the eats! I have gotten mad and have eaten great for 3 days now. I know I probably haven't lost weight yet, but I already am starting to feel more like myself, not so bloated!:D:D

DianeSue - Hope your neck feels better today!

Linda - Nice job. I may do all the pullups and pushups next time, but not sure yet. That just doesn't appeal to me. LOL! I should do at least 2 or 3 sets of actual pullups, though.

Theresa - My eats this weekend wasn't so good either, but not horribly bad. I've been trying really hard to get my weekends under control.

Workout this morning was Empire State joint mobility 11 minutes, Tracy's High Intensity Step Mix 2 ( the whole thing because the abs and total body segment did not really affect my shoulders and neck) 91 minutes and burned 733 calories, I then did some foam roller moves from M&F hers mag thoracic roll w/ spinal stretch, it band roll with stretch, some added stretches for the neck from that headache neck pain site I posted the other day 13 minutes, Yoga Shatki lunge and shoulder opener segments 12 minutes, Total calories burned was 812, 35% fat, 169 Max HR. I stayed in my high zone for 35 minutes of my workout. I was above that quite a bit too. I feel better after my workout. I really think my neck is improving but it is not fast enough to suit me. I really am not wanting to go to the doctor where who knows what new viruses might be hanging around. I guess I am on a forced semi recovery week :rolleyes: I am doing better on the eats and have started logging them again. Not sure how that will go when we have our family birthday dinner Saturday for my Son in Law. Then there is Thanksgiving and I am making Lasagne and dd is bringing pie:eek:

Debbie, it took me a few workouts to get into P90X too. I have never went back and done a complete rotation with it again though. I just use parts of it. In fact I made a rotation of my own using parts of it and omitting lots of those push ups. Also did the legs only skipping the upper body portions and adding to it. It really is a good rotation though and I did get some nice results with it. I used the Bowflex and did pulldowns for some of the tubing work that they did in place of the pullups. But I did do some pull ups.

Linda, I did like you with the pushups and dropped to my knees when I didn't think I could handle much more.

Theresa, at least you didn't go totally off on the diet. I have no problem with 6 meals. It seems I am eating constantly:p I need to cut out the late night eats myself. Lately I have been having a snack just before I crawl into bed and I can tell the difference.

Diane Sue - Wow, long workout today! Nice job! Where did you preorder Tracey's new workout from? I can't find anything on her website.

Question to anyone - I am making Asian Salmon patties tonight for dinner. I got the recipe from Oxygen. I will only eat one, will it be ok to warm up the patties later in the week? If so, how? Can they go bad within four days? I hate anything that has to do with fish because I'm afraid of getting sick once you rewarm up the stuff. Anyone have any idea on this?

Hey Maniacs!!!

Another busy day. I wish it would slow down just a tad. geez. Taking the dog for a walk here after lunch. Too pretty to be inside. I was going to go on elliptical down in basement,but like I said..too nice out.

Diane Sue,

Let us know about the recipe and how you like it.

Debbie,

nice to see you doing P90X now. Twelve weeks is a long time, but I still enjoyed it.

Linda,

I hope everything is o.k.

I will be back later. I need to catch up. ;)

Linda-I will say a prayer for your father as well.

Diane Sue-I'm sure you will have a great workout, you always do

Yesterday was HIIT and today is weights and ss. My eats over the weekend were less than stellar but I didn't completely derail. I'm going to have to switch up some of the weekend meals b/c 6 is too many and I won't get them all in.

BBL
Theresa

I had my birthday dinner on Saturday..chinese food (chicken chow mein and hot and sour soup) then we went to the movie and I had a heath bar and a small popcorn...sodium?????????? lol.

I have a hard time getting in 5 meals a day sometimes so I know what you mean.

Linda - prayers for your DAD. Hope all goes well.

Debbie, the salmon patties should be fine in the fridge. I would warm up in a non-stick skillet - to keep the outside crisp - the microwave sometimes makes things chewy.

Hi Everyone,

Quick post from my Dad's Hospital room. They haven't taken him down yet. Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate it.

I did P90X Chest & Back too. I did it as is, but dropped to my knees on the pushups when I needed too and used a chair on the pullups when I needed. I will have to post my stats later as they are at home. My upper body is toast. I imagine I will be hurtin' later!:D

Debbie - I will send you a pm! Nice job this morning.

Theresa - Good luck with the eats! I have gotten mad and have eaten great for 3 days now. I know I probably haven't lost weight yet, but I already am starting to feel more like myself, not so bloated!:D:D

DianeSue - Hope your neck feels better today!

Debbie/Linda-good luck w/ p90x. good luck on the eats too :D Can't help you on the fish, sorry.

Diane Sue-nice workout and glad the neck is a little better.

Char-I love popcorn, I can't help it and it's been ages since dh and I saw a movie. And I hear you on the sodium...I have felt very heavy the last few days. I'm sure Oleysa will love my interpretation of the plan. I am not going to beat myself up, I can only improve.

Does anyone eat cream of wheat? If so, how do you prepare it? I'm going to make crock pot oatmeal instead of protein pancakes and add a little protein powder so I don't have to eat as many egg whites.

Theresa

Funny how you have those days that nothing is supposed to be going on and it gets crazy. I was just about to go run errands and son in law called and wanted to bring over grandbaby. So we went shopping and errand running. I was so hungry by the time we got back at 2:30. I split a luna bar with grandbaby in the car on the way home. While I was making my soup. The phone has rang off the wall this afternoon. The soup was yummy despite the fact that I was putting it together and forgot I ate some of the shrimp the other day. So I added some rinsed and drained clams to it from a can. I wanted to cook this chicken and make stock but I guess I have to wait for it to thaw. My Healthy Slow Cooker recipe book has a homemade chicken stock recipe that I think will be great. Just wish I would have read about the economical parts for soup in the tip. I will use the white meat though. So I guess it is really not a waste buying a whole chicken. It was on sale anyway.

Debbie, when I preordered I clicked on a link from Tracey's blog.

Theresa, I love cream of wheat. There is a dessert in the new Clean Eating Cookbook using cream of wheat. Probably isn't on your plan though. I like it better than oatmeal. The only thing redeeming about oatmeal for me is what I add to it. I tried crock pot oatmeal with my steel cut oats recently but they did not turn out very well. Hope you have better lick.

Ally, hope all is going well with you.

Charlotte, you know how it is, you drink lots of water and your body gets rid of the sodium. I doubt you were too bad unless you are like me and they bring eggrolls as a side:eek: I can't help myself. When I was eating my soup today I thought this would be yummy with the fried noodles:p
I don't know where that time goes. I don't work other that toting grand children and somehow I am always busy and don't have as much time as I want. Keep thinking someday???? I seriously doubt that that will ever happen and I probably need to never sleep or figure out a way to manage time better and probably learn to let some things go which I know will never happen.

Linda, let us know how things go.

Linda, prayers to your dad.

Today I did Insanity MIC, and it was intense cardio. I still am dripping when I am done and I am in week 3 of my second month.

All the talk of food make me hungry and I am done for the night, I think:)

Ally & Roselyn - Thanks for the prayers.

Ally - Nice to see you again. I was thinking about you the other day and was wondering where you had gone.

DianeSue - If today's workout is part of your semi recovery week then you really are hardcore!

Theresa - I love Cream of Wheat but have to admit I don't eat it often. But when I do I make it with half water & half milk and when it's done add a touch of maple syrup.

All went well with my Dad's heart cath. Fortunately they did not find any problems or blockages, unfortunately we don't know what caused the pain or exhaustion. And they have had to miss a trip to Florida to see my Uncle who is dying.

Just let me tell you right now my back, especially my traps are hurtin and my chest hurts all the way down to my rib cage.

Linda, it sounds like you need to soak in a nice hot bath for awhile. I am glad to hear that the surgury went well.
Funny, I just don't feel like am doing much when I am not doing the weight work. I thought about trying to get in week 4 of plyo legs though. Maybe later in the week I can get that 3rd workout from week 3 and go from there:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.