Hardcore check in for June 2017

Oh, and I know if I used what Fit Bit says all of the time I would probably lose a bunch of weight which is not something that I want to do. I manage to stay pretty much the same. Sometimes I have to up my calories a bit.

Did Muscle Endurance today have not done this in a long time!! Had a great workout,

So I have one last question about cathe live what is the difference between that and on demand?

Roselyn, Cathe Live is all of her live in class workouts that are archived. On demand is Cathe Live class and all of the DVDs she has made over the years. On demand is for people who don't buy the dvds and have them at home. Since I purchase most of the dvd's, I don't get on demand, only Cathe Live.

Today I did Cathe Live, Warrior Kickboxing with Core and almost died!!! I started too late and it is so hot that I was sweating bullets and breathing pretty hard. Core at the end used 5# DB's and I added some extra leg exercises since that is my problem area! Workout was 1 hour and 15 minutes, due to a few more breaks than allowed, and I burned 713 calories! This had some hard cardio drills and since I was using 1 pound hand weights it was tough for me today. Average heart rate was 130 and max was 185! I like this workout a lot and will be doing it again.

So I was reading about Menopause and weight gain, especially around the mid section and it is caused not only by hormones, but by all the sugar substitutes in foods and drinks. Even in sports nutrition drinks there are a lot of low calories sugar substitutes. I think I really need to pay attention to what I am consuming and see if that makes a difference. I do love my low calorie Carmel Coffees but that seems to be a big NO NO! I am going to try to give up a lo of my low cal foods and drinks and see what happens. I will let you know cause I am sure sick of being fat for as much as I workout!

Diane Sue, I always set my Fitbit on Workout mode even if I am doing treadmill work. The only time I put it on run is for my long walks outside so I can see my distance, where I went ect.

I wont be working out tomorrow, my son has a football camp try out with the Oregon Ducks football coach.

Have a nice day.

Jolie thanks I just purchased live and I am so excited to do one tomorrow

I too also have noticed the sugar substitutes in alot of preworkouts alot of sucralose which I think is not good:(

Today, I did URX-MT Gay Gasper Total Body Metabolic Conditioning on the rebounder. This one is does not have much of the jumping off and on the rebounder. There is some jumping onto it in one segment but most off the rebounder stuff is stepping off and balance work. 51 minutes, 413 calories, heart rate was avg. 153/max 188 :O . I then did You Tube Amy Bento Ross Cardio Karate, first 2 combo segments and forwarded to the end and did the core/ab work with the sand weights and stretch. 47 minutes 240 calories. Heart rate average for this was 124. I pushed done before I checked the heart rate on the Fit Bit so I only have the app to go by. I kind of liked this one. It is an hour and 2 minutes and it was getting towards noon and I had cakes to make and work to do for tomorrow. It was kind of fun. A little different from a regular kickboxing workout.. I wonder when Amy is going to get her rebounding workouts on there. Total time was 98 minutes and calories burned 655. Steps for this workout was 7,262. I should break 10,000 today.

Roselyn, I am sure that you will enjoy the live workouts. It is nice to have something new to go to every day.

Jolie, I am always experimenting with my devices trying to get the most accurate reading. Most of the time I use workout, but if I am doing circuit or bootcamp I will use that. Yoga gives practically no reading at all anyway, but is worse with the yoga setting. Today, for whatever reason my heartrate was up there doing URX-MT. Fit Bit was still lower on the calories than I have had in the past with that workout. I seriously did not feel I was working that hard. Who knows, maybe it was just a more energetic morning and I started much later than usual.
I noticed that quite some time ago on the nutritional supplements. When I was using the Amino powder pre workout drink from Melaleuca I discovered it had sucralose. Then I started using MRM. I think it had stevia. I know I kept looking for one with stevia or something natural. I loved the taste of the Melaleuca one. When I quit buying their stuff, I let them know that them being a company promoting health I would think they would not be using artificial sweeteners and unhealthy ingredients. The same with their protein powders. I have found lately that the Kevita Master Brew Ginger and the Pineapple peach flavored Kombucha tea gives me quite a boost in energy when I get that afternoon slump. IT has black tea, green coffee extract, green tea and some stevia. It also has cane sugar but when you ferment the tea the sugar is eaten for the good bacteria in it. I used to brew my own. I haven't purchased a SCOBY i a long time.

Roselyn, you are going to love Cathe live! I will check in to see what you say about it.

Diane Sue, thanks for the info on the drinks, I will try them.

Jolie, MRM reload bcaa-g has stevia leaf and monk fruit in it. I always got the fruit punch flavor. It also has beet in it. I think that is the pink color.

Today I did Upper Body Sculpting, Cathe Live workout. This is my favorite upper body workout so far. Workout was one hour 10 minutes with a couple of breaks to answer phone calls and change a load of laundry. Total Calories burned were 481.

Roselyn, I have not done either of those workouts yet. I am so happy you like Cathe Live! I love having so many workouts to choose from everyday.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a good workout, I will be back later to read your post.

Off to the Chiropractor, I hurt my hip during my last workout and need to get it adjusted. I am in so much pain I cant sit or lay down.

Have a wonderful day!

decided to hold off on STS. I think I would get more benefit from it if I didn't take weeks off in between. So, I did Jari Love Extremely Ripped Bootcamp, complete workout, 78 minutes, 484 calories. When I put it in my fitness pal I saw previously with my polar I burned 632 calories. Oh well, again these devices are not accurate, but from what I get now I think it was a great calorie burn. I used the heavier weights the ladies in back used and more advanced cardio work. I thought it was funny that the guy is never sweating in the cardio segments and in the weight segments his shirt is all wet. This one is around 3 minutes of cardio alternated with some ab/core work and compound weights. Lots of lunges in it with overhead press, Arnold press, and front raise. The abs contain some isolation work . I like that there is not a bunch of oblique work. I am always a bit afraid of building that area up. I used to do this one a lot and use the rebounder for the cardio. The man in it does the spin bike. Errands and cleaning today. I need to do some cooking and stuff with all of these veggies I stocked up on. Maybe get some recipes made up that I can freeze part of . Gertie needs her bath. This is her week for the Frontline and I like to get the bath over and her dried well before I do it.
Just got a text from my daughter. Her husband broke his hand catching a baseball at a game that was headed for her head. He didn't go in at first and when it was still hurting a couple of days later my daughter ordered him an X ray. They got him in for surgery this morning. THey put two pins in it.

Roselyn, I have not done those workouts. I have heard the metabolic one is really good and tough.

Jolie, that is a long upper body workout. I hope the chiropractor helped. I think my workout would have been about 5 minutes shorter if I had not made a couple of trips downstairs to take care of things. I always do laundry in the mornings before peak power hours start.

Roselyn, you might try All About Legs. It is cardio and weights and around 70 minutes long. At 40 minutes she does some barre or chair work and 59 minutes a bit of floor work with the stability ball. Trisets legs is really good you use a step with up to 3 risers' It is 47 minutes and you do three rounds of split lunge with the step and side step up 3 risers
three rounds reverse lunge off the step 2 risers , wide barbell deadlift, cross back lunge off step
three rounds step ups (leg press) , stiff legged deadlift, barbell squat 3 risers used

Today I cannot workout because my hip and lower back are killing me! I can do upper body but I did that yesterday so I will take the day off. I went to the Chiropractor yesterday and I am worse today. I am sure I have a spasm on top of being out of alignment but I am going to my other Chiro tomorrow. This one is really far away and takes half the day to go to, but it is well worth it. I sit down and I cant get out of the chair and I cannot pick something off the floor either. I really did a number on myself this time I guess. The funny thing is, I don't even know when I did it during my kick boxing workout on Saturday.

Roselyn, I don't have any suggestions on just a leg workout. I always do the total body which includes legs. There are so many to choose from, I was watching them on YouTube last night. I am glad you like Low Impact Circuit Live.

Diane Sue, great job on the workout. That was a good calorie burn as well!

Have a nice day.

This morning I started with Hardcore Extreme and clicked the wrong workout, Circuit Intervals stopping at the first weight segment, 18 minutes, 121 calories, heart rate average 133/165 max. I switched to the Hi/Lo Intervals which is the one that I intended to do and skipped the warm up, 66 minutes, 138/177 heart rate, 423 calories. This had me doing I Max combo 2 twice, but I was okay with that. I used the rebounder for some of the Kick Max jumping at the end. I wanted to do Ripped and Chiseled Extremely Ripped tomorrow so did not want weights today. Total time was 84 minutes and calories burned 544, 8409 steps. I have to hit the store again :rolleyes: I stained cabinets yesterday in the kitchen and when I pulled out the varnish it was dried out. I hate going to the store every day. I wanted to stay home and accomplish something and leave my money in my pocket. It was gloss anyway and I want a satin finish.

I have been dumped right in the middle of typing here twice today. I don't know what is up with that.

Jolie, take care of yourself. If you do that Warrior workout again make a not to watch for anything that might have caused the pain. Although you did add to it as well. My low back hurt this morning, but has let up. I remembered while I was doing the Jari Love Bootcamp workout that the deadlift moving from one side to the other and up made my back hurt before. I have to turn my feet in the proper direction as I move which is not so good on the knees on carpet. Next time maybe I will remember just to do deadlifts without the movement pattern. Jari looks really cut in the bootcamp one. Her abs are really defined.

Last edited:
I just spoke to my dad who lives in Palm Springs, CA and it is 126 degrees today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is 95 degrees at my house today, YUCK!

Jolie, that is hot. It reminds me of when I was a teenager in Mesa Arizona. The asphalt was so hot it felt soft.

Roselyn, I haven't done smokin legs. It must be one that came out after I did live workouts.

Today I did Jari Love's Extremely Ripped and Chiseled, 84 minutes(78 actual minutes) 395 calories, heart rate 108 avg/ max 161. There was only jumping in one segment of the lower body. I liked this better than I remember. The first half or workout is legs and back and the second half is the rest of upper and abs. This one sure has the lactic acid build up. I kept dropping weight. I did most with the higher weight increment they used 8-10#, but on some of the shoulder stuff I dropped the weight after starting to 5's. Legs there was one segment that I used 15's where they were doing 12's. I have my grandson here today. I stopped for a bit when he came in with his sister.

Today I went to the Chiropractor and almost had to be carried into the office. I was in such pain I could not stand up straight or sit or bend! I actually felt like I had labor pains! Very intense and it was unbearable. My doctor is awesome and has me at least 50% better within the hour. My left leg was turned and jammed into my hip and pelvis. I have no idea how I did it either. I am in a lot of pain still, I took an Ibuprofen and am standing at my counter to post not sitting at all. I hope I feel better tomorrow. I will be taking it easy until I feel better. Tomorrow I am taking my son to UCLA for a football meeting so I may not check in.

Have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.