Hardcore Check In for April 2017

Today I did BACK. I did the same workout I did last week but I went up two reps from last weeks workout. I did four sets, each set was 10 reps and the last set was to failure.

Barbell Rows-
55# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 13 TF

1 Arm Rows-
35# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 12 TF

Deadlifts-
55# x 10, x 10, x 10, 11 TF

1 Arm Horizontal Row-
25# x10, x 10, x 10, x 12 TF

Rear Flies-
12# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 15 TF

I burned 231 Calories.

Debbie, great Back and Bicep workout today. I stopped doing wide grip pull downs a few months ago and I like the way my back looks so much better without the big lats. It makes me look too wide. Having a ripped back looks so good in the summer when we are in tank tops and bathing suits!

Diane Sue, I sure hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. Take some melatonin two hours before you go to bed and some sleepy time tea. That works for me.

Roselyn, I hope you had a nice workout today.

Have a wonderful day!

Jolie, good work on those weights for back today. I am hoping for a better nights sleep tonight. Generally no caffeine and some magnesium along with some yogurt and protein before bed helps some but it has not lately. I have tried melatonin before and I have terrible nightmares when I use it. That can get to the point that I am afraid to fall asleep. So, I avoid it.

I got to bed late last night and woke up with a headache and no energy. I just walked on my treadmill at a 3% incline and worked up a pretty good sweat.

Walked for 53 minutes, burned 275 calories, walked 2.8 miles and went 6373 steps.

I am taking a break and will not workout now until Monday. I am exhausted and need a small break. So you all have a very Happy Easter and a great weekend!!!

Diane Sue - Sorry you aren't sleeping well, that is the worst. I'm shocked to hear melatonin does to you. I take 5-HTP every now and again and it really relaxes me and lowers any anxiety I might have. I hope you have a better time sleeping, maybe try drinking camomile tea before bed.

Jolie - Excellent workout yesterday, that looked tough. Our backs will look awesome this summer! :)

Roselyn - I haven't made up the shoulder/leg workout yet, as soon as I do I will send you the sheets. Sorry!!!

Today I did Cardio Slam, no mat premix 34 minutes, 243 calories. I had to skim through the mat segment because the premix buttons would not work for this workout on my new dvd player. It kept telling me it was prohibited by the dvd?? Afterward I did Ice Bootcamp Circuit no upper mix which worked fine, so I have no clue what is up with Cardio Slam. This was 35 minutes, 251 calories. I wemt a bit heavier on the weights. I finished off with Barre Amped Bounce Booty Bounce, 14 minutes, 67 calories. 5,670 steps, 83 minutes, 561 calories. I have to go to the store again. Silly me, I forgot I need eggs for Easter. Lots to do here so I wish I did not need to make another store run. I got 5 and a half hours sleep last night so I guess that is better. For me that is not enough.

Debbie, I think I should pick up some sleepy time tea or something at the store. I am really not a fan of the taste though, but if it helped me sleep it would be worth it. I tend to have nightmares a lot, but some things make it worse. You got quite a few steps for that walk this morning. I hate when I wake with a headache. I have been doing that every morning the last few days. I start with turmeric to see if I can relax out of it before I will take anything.

Today I walked outside 5.47 miles and burned 531 calories. I also walked my dog for 1.5 miles early in the morning. I hit 16,000 steps by 11:30am today!

Debbie, have a wonderful Easter with your family and enjoy your time off! I am going back to lifting heavy, I am seeing better results and I decided that since I am on a low carb diet I wont end up looking so bulky. My body just responds better to heavier weights.

Diane Sue, There is a product named SLEEP that is a ready to drink product they sell at the grocery stores. It is in a sculpted orange bottle and it really helps me sleep. It has some melatonin, tryptophan and something else in it but I cant remember. It comes in mango or tangerine flavor. It is only $2.50 and you only need to drink half the bottle about 1 or 2 hours before you go to bed. It is awesome. I know you say you get nightmares but you should try it. At least you know you are in the REM stage of sleep if you are dreaming. Great workout today.

Roselyn, Have a nice workout today!

God bless America and congrats to Trump for launching that BOMB on Afghanistan to take out the terrorists! I am sick of this group and they need to be blown off the face of this earth! Too many innocent people are loosing their lives.

Have a nice day!

Jolie, I agree God Bless America! I am glad that we have a leader that is standing up for what is right. Great job on the steps today and so early :) I might hit 11,000 today. I feel like it should be more , but cleaning out closets and trying to store things out of the painting and flooring areas does not add on extra steps. I moved the wood file cabinet which is heavy. My grandson 16 was over staining new molding for the base boards and he went upstairs and moved the big book shelves when I mentioned to my husband that that was the last thing to move except the small refrigerator we have upstairs for water bottles. He is such a good hearted young man. Is that sleep drink in the supplement area of stores? Or is it refrigerated. I went to Sprouts today and I picked up some Gaia Tea Sleep and Relax formula. It says to drink a cup an hour before bed. It has passion flower leaf , lemon balm, chamomile, licorice root and some orange for flavor. Hopefully it helps. I always figure when I have the nightmares at least I know I was sleeping. I am always glad my husband is there to wake me up when it happens. Usually I am trying to scream or cry for help. I was always careful to avoid this when he was out of country because I didn't have him here to wake me.
Funny thing is, I never realized that there was so much that you could do with passion flower vines. WE had a bunch on the side of our house when we moved here. Last year I pulled them out and put round up on them. I tried to harvest the fruit and these little red worms had hollowed them out. They attracted those small bee bugs that hurt when they bite. Also whoever planted them planted them next to the two air units so I was constantly trying to keep them from crawling into the air units and hanging on the cable wires on the siding. I always thought the flowers were so pretty.

Two f the smaller grandchildren will be here tomorrow evening while their parents go to a special Easter service. I am going to get the 9 year old to help with marshmallow treat eggs and some of my Easter projects. I still have to stuff eggs with candy. I don't think there will be a lot of decorating . Maybe I will hang my Easter banner.

Today I did Ice Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox mix with the blizzard blast, 62 minutes 455 calories, heart rate 131 avg/max 158. I then did Strong & Sweaty Ramped Up Upper timesaver mix Tris and bis--ticeps+triceps+biceps+biceps
close grip bench press 20's 8 reps
same but singles 20's 12 reps
dips 32 reps/ 16 reps
lying triceps extensions 12's x 8 reps; 12's
triceps standing overhead extensions 12'sx 12 reps
band kickbacks
repeat all
Biceps
hammer curls 15's x 12 reps
sweeping curls 15's x 12 reps
isolation curls 12 x
standing curls 15's x 12 reps
crazy 8's band
repeat all

Off to more prep work for painting and flooring. furniture moving etc.. I need to take down curtains and box valances over the blinds. So many things you don't think about.

Today I did Shoulders. I went to failure on each set except for the drop set. 1 minute rest between sets. I went up in weights with most of the exercises. My shoulders are fried! I burned 181 calories.

Warm up shoulder press DB-
12# x 15

Seated Should Press DB-
25# x 10, x 9, x 9
20# x 9 DS

1 Arm Lateral Raise-
15# x 10, x 10, x 9
12# x 9 DS

DB Upright Rows-
20# x 10, x 8, x 8
15# x 8 DS

Rear Flies-
15# x 10, x 9, x 8
12# x 8

Front Raise DB (4 day split style)
10# x 10, x 10, x 8
8# x 8

I am running late today so I will try to come back later and read your posts.

Diane Sue, great workout today and I hope your remodeling is going well. I am glad your grandson is there to help you and your husband.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, nice work. That workout was yesterday. We have someone here installing the tile and some painters here. We were up till 2 am preparing stuff. They arrived at 7:45 this morning and I have been running around like crazy. No workout today. I am just too tired.

Yesterday I got 13, 458 steps in yesterday :)

Today I did the workout I did with Week 1 (this is my 3rd week already with my own BB workouts). Had a great workout. I changed it up a bit because there was too much chest work with what I originally had so I cut out one of the progressive sets. Went up in weights as well.

CHEST

Single Set/Drop Set - Build
Dumbbell Chest Press:
20's/25's/30's/25's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set - Bulk
Incline Fly:
15's/20's/25's - 15/12/8/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20's/25's/30's/2's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set - Bulk
Chest Press w/Rotation:
20's - 5 sets/5 reps
Held down for 5 seconds each set. Killer!!!

TRICEPS

Single Set/Drop Set - Bulk
Seated Overhead Extension:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Skull Crushers: 25#/30#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set - Build
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's/10's/12's/8's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
Triceps PushUps: 15/12/8 reps (did every one of them on my TOES!!!)

Then I walked 2 miles on my treadmill at a 3 % incline. Sweating pretty good.

Diane Sue - We are all done with our flooring and painting. Took all weekend to finish it up. OMG, it looks awesome!!! Glad it's done but I'm sure we will start on other things soon.

Jolie - Nice workouts!! Love shoulder workouts, I missed mine last week. Plan on doing a good one this week. :)

Roselyn - I will get you the workouts sheets sometime today. I've been so busy I haven't had time to work on them. I should have time later. Sorry about that!!!

Last edited:
Today I did Arms. I did a push/ pull sort of workout, 3 exercises per body group and 4 sets to failure. This was tough!!!! I burned 327 calories.

Barbell Curls-
45# x 10, x 9, x 9, x 8
Lying Triceps ext.-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12 (this is easy now, I need to go up in weight next time)

Preacher Curls DB-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12 ( need to go up in weight next time)
Cross Body Ext.-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12 ( need to go up in weight next time)

Concentration Curls-
20# x 12, x 11, x 11, x 10 ( might go to 25's next time)
1 arm kickbacks-
12# x 12, x 11, x 11, x 11 ( need to go up in weight next time)

Finisher-
Hammer Curls DB-
15# x 15, x 12, x 12, x 12 ( need to go up in weight next time)

My arms are fried!

Debbie, nice workout today! I bet your house looks awesome. I need to get new carpet in my boys room and paint as well. Painting is a big job by yourself. My husband works 6 days a week so he can never help my with anything around the house. What color did you paint your walls?

Diane Sue, I bet your house looks fantastic! I just love updating and making things look fresh again. When will it be finished? It is hard to live through a remodel. We did it about 12 years ago and it was tough with two small children.

Roselyn, great job in getting your workouts in. I took the last 2 days off. I haven't heard of that workout you mentioned, I will look into it to see what it is. I am always looking for some new ideas.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Ice Low impact sweat timesaver step and blizzard blast, 37 minutes 286 calories. I am at 5092 steps so far. Yesterday I was 9210. There has not been much extra time for workouts. The floors will be finished today. They are here now grouting between the ceramic tile then they will lay the Pergo. I vacuumed up all the bits today and checked for any carpet nails that may have been missed. I was set up to do a barre amped stretch when DH called to tell me the painter was on his way to do touchup. I had to hurry and dress. I really want to do some weight work and had STS Total Body in mind so I could use my weight clips on my tower. Maybe tomorrow. I have had so much neck pain since starting this work. Also, I couldn't get to the kitchen for a bit and did not use the usual turmeric, ginger, cayenne, and cinnamon concoction in the morning for a couple of days which I swear helps.

Debbie, great job with the workouts you have put together. I know what you mean, the projects just keep coming. We still want to redo the sun room and try to get a door going outside from there and sheetrock the walls that are still outside walls They painted green and a bit of rust and cream. Odd colors for right off the living room. It mainly houses Gertie's crate and play things. Then we want to change ups some more lighting that is out dated. I am painting my workout room. I want to do one wall at a time and take my time. It is a lot less stressful than moving all of the equipment for the painters.

Jolie, it depends on how much more we do. We are discussing having the painters do the outside as well. It was done about 3 years ago but was not a good job. This was before we moved in. Some of it is peeling. We want to do the fence which would be my husband and grandson's doing it. That is not interior work though. It is going to be awesome getting rid of a lot of carpet. Also the paint looks so nice. It is a white with a very light hint of blue. So much better than the yellow beige look. It works much better with the sky lights. The plumber will have to come out and finish off the plumbing work downstairs when this floor work is finished. We bought new Delta faucets for downstairs. We so most of the faucets will be Delta now. No more American Standard ever again. My son in law replaced the garbage disposer. I am anxious to see the guest bath with it's new cabinets in. It seems so weird walking in and there is a wall now. So, time depends on how much more we go on and do. I need to pick up some curtains since I got rid of the drapery rods. I want to put curtains over the blinds in the living room to hold out some of the heat we get during the summer.

Today I did Cardio Coach 2, my version and had a great workout. I like this one, I need to tweak the warm-up, maybe use a different warm-up for this one. The warm-up that comes with the workout is only 2:12. Can't warm up in two minutes. I usually do it twice but it's a pain to have to rewind.

Workout was 40 minutes, went 2.77 miles, burned 314 calories (TM said 376) and went 5554 steps.

My HR during Challenge 2 was at a steady 160. Weird, I didn't even feel winded.

Jolie - Our house does look awesome! I'm having a Pampered Chef party tonight so I can't wait for my cousins to see it. It is really looking nice. We've done a lot of work to this place. Nice workout!!!

Diane Sue - Sounds like your house is coming along as well!! A lot of work but it sure looks nice when it's all done. Nice workout.

Nice workouts yesterday, everyone!!! Have a great one today as well!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Circuit Lower Body, 48 minutes, 319 calories. I followed this with Ice To the Mat timesaver 2 no ball, band and floor workout. 37 minutes, 116 calories. I wore 2# ankle weights for the floor work and used the blue firewalker band for the band work on this one. The floors are not finished. They grouted the tile and did not want to roll the refrigerator over the tile right after grouting it. They are coming back today to lay the flooring and the plumber is coming Wednesday to finish up in the guest bath. We put up the cabinet and put the sink and vanity in which needs the faucet and finish work. I got a lot of the furniture moved back into place upstairs since they are done painting.

Debbie, nice work on Cardio Coach. It would be nice if there was chaptering on the downloads to be able to do the warm up again that way. rewinding is a pain. I bet that you are enjoying your remodel. I bought a new quilt for our bed and am loving the new colors. I get some higher heart rates at times when I feel I am not working that hard. Then there are times like today with RWH circuit that I felt I had to be over the 156 max that they gave me since yesterday on Low Impact Sweat my high was 174 and I felt I worked much harder today.

Today I did Chest. I did 4 exercise, 4 sets each exercise and each set to failure. I had a 2 minute rest between sets because I am lifting heavy and going to failure. I did really well.

warm up chest press- 15# DB x 15

Chest Press DB-
30# x 12, x 11, 10, x 9

Chest Flies-
25# x 11, x 10, x 9, x 8

Incline Chest Press DB-
30# x 12, x 10, x 9

Incline Chest Flies-
25# x 12, x 11, x 9, x 8

My Chest is fried! I burned 273 Calories.

Debbie, I hope you have a great time tonight at your party. Good job on the cardio workout today.

Diane Sue, are you just about finished with the tile? I bet it is looking so good! Very exciting, just in time for summer. Nice workout today.

Roselyn, Nice workout today.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Back/Biceps going back to the same workout I did in week 1. I thought I took one of the exercises out of this one because it's overkill, but maybe that was a different workout. Chest maybe? I should take one out of the Back part of this one, just too much to do. I actually skipped the last one. Went up in weights.

BACK

Single Set/Drop Set - Build
Deadlift:
15's/20's/25's/20's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set - Bulk
Pullover:
20#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
Pull-Up: Used my blude bands - 10/10/10 reps

Progressive Set - Bulk
EZ Bar Reverse Grip Row:
30#/40#/50#/50#/40#/30# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set - Bulk
One Arm Row:
Skipped

BICEPS

Progressive Set - Bulk
Standing Dumbbell Curl:
12's/15's/20's/20's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

1, 1, 2 Hammer Curl:
8's/10's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set - Bulk
Wide Grip EZ Bar Curl:
30# - 5 sets/5 reps

I was fried after this one. Workout was 47 minutes, 71 avg. HR, 123 Max HR, burned 105 calories (don't believe that for a second)

Then I walked 2 miles on my treadmill.

Roselyn - You're welcome!!

Jolie - Nice workout! Dang, you burned a lot of calories!! I have such low calorie burns, it's ridiculous.

Diane - It is a pain to rewind CC, I just don't get why CC#2 is so different than the others? It was done like it was rushed, something he just wanted to get out. Weird. It doesn't seem as professional as the other ones. I still like it, though.

Today I walked outside 4.3 miles. I burned 456 calories. I have already walked 9,673 steps so far today and it is only 9 am.

Tomorrow is a rest day. I am taking my oldest son to meet with the football coaches at USC! They asked that he come and tour the football dept. and the school. Very exciting!

Debbie,
nice Back and Bicep workout today. Are you off work this week? I noticed you have been able to walk 2 miles after your weight work.. It is nice to start the day with that many steps.

I will be back later to read the other posts.

Have a nice day

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.