HARCORE FITNESS MANIACS TUES 11/3

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES-
I decided against a workout yesterday due to my post party soreness. Today is strength workout +15 hill sprints. I got my diet and exercise plan from Oleysa this morning and I am super excited. I'm sure I'll kill her with substitution questions but I'm really excited.

Theresa

DEBBIE-I don't know what is going on but I looked before I started the thread....we must just be in sync :D

Last edited:
OMG, we did it again! I just looked several times to make sure this thread wasn't started and I click "submit" and then yours is out there! LOL!

Today was Cardio and I chose Amy's Rumble workout. Kind of fun, I enjoyed it, but my HR didn't get up past 132 bpm. The combo's were easy to follow and fun. The heavy bag portion was cool but combo 2 lasted forever. I ended up having to skip some of it because I was running out of time.

Note on Amy's outfit with the kickboxing part: What was she thinking? Not flattering at all!

HR STATS:
1 hr. 2 minutes total.
20 minutes below zone
:eek:
43 minutes in zone
5 minutes above zone
451 calories burned

Was shocked to see 20 minutes below zone. But still got a good calorie burn. I think I'll like this more when I get my punching bag in my workout room.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I chose a new workout, Lynn Hahn's Kick & Punch workout. In all honesty, I chose this cuz I thought it might be easy and it was far from easy. I almost didn't have it in me to finish, but I needed to do some kickboxing this AM since I had a catty coworker go off on me yesterday about stealing her sale while she was in the restroom. It's freakin worse than high school at work!

Some of the combos in this workout were tough to follow. She ran in between all moves so it kept my HR pretty high. Workout was 63" and I burned 619 calories. Max HR was 161.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - When I first got Rumble, it didn't get my HR up either. I have to REALLY get down low, put tremendous power behind my punches and I think I also add a bit of impact. I also use 1 lb weighted gloves or hand weights....and that's when my HR shoots up. I like this workout because it is so repetitive and simple to follow that I can blast some rock and do it and really get into it. I never noticed Amy's outfit in this. I'll have to check that out.

Workout this morning was Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam. I did the entire workout including the stability ball segment and abs 103 minutes, and burned 917 calories. I then did Tracey's Core Blast ball, bosu, floor and plank ssegments 20 minutes and followed with Tracey's Yoga solutions post cardio 11 minutes segment. Total calories burned today were 1051, Max HR 163, and 35% fat.
I have some more workers coming out to do some maintenance stuff in the yard. I hope they get done early enough that I can head out and do grocery shopping. I am having to get creative on my meals. We have been eating out way to much lately. Going out to dinner with friends Thursday and family is all coming over for dinner Saturday. I need to burn lots of calories to make up for all of this food. I start out with good intentions though. Tried Grillled veggies at the local restaurant the other day and they were swimming in oil. Choices are not so good. Started my morning with my egg whites with 1/4 cup pumpkin(from halloween:)) cinnamon, protein powder, stevia, TBS pecans and some soy milk then microwaved it. I will see how well I can keep my eating today.

Theresa and Debbie, I guess I should have started this this morning when I checked before my workout at 5 am:p

Theresa, I am looking forward to seeing how you do with Olesya's training and diet. I am sure it will be motivating.

Debbie, I love doing the Heavy Bag part of Amy's workout. I am like Lora though, I have to wear my gloves and add a little more bouncing and hoping around to get my HR up there but it can be done.

Lora - Nice calorie burn, girl! LOL on how you thought it would be easy but wasn't. I hate when that happens. And wow on your work situation. That kind of stuff would drive me crazy. What were you suppose to do while she went to the bathroom, ignore people that come in? Unreal! And I did use my weighted gloves but that didn't seem to help much.

Diane Sue - Nice workout. Looks like your HRM is working good now. Those calorie burns look right now. I liked the heavy bag portion, too, but the 2nd combo seemed to drag on for so long. Is there another combo after that one? I didn't even have time to find out. I wore my weighted gloves but it didn't seem to help too much.

The maintence guys for our aerobic septic system just left so now I can go grocery shopping. Out of salad and fresh veggies. I really need to do that shopping before I start hitting the boxed cereal or something :)

Debbie, there are three heavy bag segments. Bag 1 is 9 min, bag 2 is 11 min and #3 is an upper body bag drill segment 4 min.. I do some jump turns when I hit the bag on the upper body like Amy does on her KBX bag segment. Yes, I think I finally have my hr monitor figured out. I set to the automatic for the hr zone and keyed in my VO2 Max and now it is doing better. I also had to remember to sponge off before I put the belt on. Last time I had that type of belt I found if I had used moisturizers and bath oils it did not work as well if I didn't wash off.

Lora, I have alway did well on the calorie burn on Athletic Step Jam.

Happy Tuesday!

Theresa...Is Olesya having you do split or FB? Trust me, she will not mind your questions. She encourages them!

Debbie....So did you do STS in it's entirety starting with endurance? I know whn I finished up a rotation with with Olesya back in April I started STS but it drove me crazy to lift that light. I know it is good to change up your rotuine but I couldn't do it and went back to lifting heavy.

Lora....Don't you hate when adults act like kids?!!! So annoying!

Diane Sue...Calorie burn impressive as always! ;) I read through Muscle Chow last night. Lots of recipes I want to try!

Meals: (high carb day)
M1: eggwhite & veggie omelet (green onions, green bellpepper, mushroom) and 1/2 whole grain bagel
M2: protein shake/strawberries
M3: chicken/brown rice/black beans/salsa
M4: grapefruit + pre-workout drink
M5: post-workout drink
M6: talapia, grapefruit, rasberries
M7: eggwhites & spinach/almonds

Today's workout is legs. Tough... but I love it!

I created an album with some professional pics from comp.

Debbie, there are three heavy bag segments. Bag 1 is 9 min, bag 2 is 11 min and #3 is an upper body bag drill segment 4 min.. I do some jump turns when I hit the bag on the upper body like Amy does on her KBX bag segment. Yes, I think I finally have my hr monitor figured out. I set to the automatic for the hr zone and keyed in my VO2 Max and now it is doing better. I also had to remember to sponge off before I put the belt on. Last time I had that type of belt I found if I had used moisturizers and bath oils it did not work as well if I didn't wash off.

Wow, segment 2 seemed to go on forever. It sure felt like more then 11 minutes. I'll have to preview segment 3, I didn't get a chance to even watch it this morning.

Debbie....So did you do STS in it's entirety starting with endurance? I know whn I finished up a rotation with with Olesya back in April I started STS but it drove me crazy to lift that light. I know it is good to change up your rotuine but I couldn't do it and went back to lifting heavy.

Yes, from the beginning. I enjoyed every part of it. I think it was a nice change to go a little lighter for me because I've been lifting heavy for many years. And it seemed to give my muscles time to recover. For instance, when I started the program my right shoulder was giving me a lot of grief. But I think because I went light and concentrated more on form, it seems to be better - not 100% - but better. I was able to bench over 100# last week so I was estatic about that. I will go check out your pics. I'm sure they are awesome!

Hello Peeps!

Wow, great workouts going on in here. :) I'm impressed. And Theresa that's exciting that you have signed on with Oleysa! Sonya's pictures sure don't lie! She's a great advertisement!

Debbie - Remember when we were all on here complaining about our shoulder injuries? I think we were the most injured check-in around.

So I had to come on here and confess to you guys about what I did. I have been eating SUPER clean ever since I lost all of that weight a few years ago for cycling. I mean, I pretty much only ever cheat one day a week and I'm VERY strict the rest of the time. Well...we were expecting this HUGE snow storm last week so I thought, better get a tub of cookie dough, just in case. I LOVE cookie dough and haven't had it in ages. Sonya, cover your eyes! So on Tuesday night, the night the storm started, I thought I better try it out, quality control you know. Wednesday the college closed at 1 so I went home and started in on the stuff. My cheat day is Saturday. Let me just say that by Saturday night it was gone!!! DH didn't have ANY. And I didn't bake one single cookie. I did a little photo shoot on Saturday and I posted a few pics on BB.com and I can TELL a difference! There was even one where I swear my stomach was hanging over! I didn't post it. :eek: So I'm doing some extra cardio to get rid of the extra fat I gained, but I stop at 45 minutes so I don't burn any of the muscle I've worked so hard to gain. This is when I'm happy for my fast metabolism. But I sure can gain weight if I eat the wrong foods! Although I'm kinda disgusted, it sure was yummy!!!!! :p I just finished my egg whites and spinach so I am back on the right track. Whew!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

I got most of my shopping done. At least now I have something to work with for dinner:D Forgot a couple of things but I have to go out tomorrow anyway.

Suz, you are so funny with the cookie dough. I do things like that once in awhile. DH teases me when he notices something is gone like that. I have never just eaten cookie dough. My dd does though so my son in law says he has to hurry and bake some cookies or they won't get any.
I do that with frozen cool whip. But my problem is I like it mixed into cereal like special K. I can sit and eat half a tub and 1/2 a box in one sitting. I start by putting the cereal in a custard cup and topping it off with the coolwhip tiny bit of skim milk. Then I put it all away because you know the term out of sight out of mind. Well, I just keep repeating:eek:
It's gone so you will get back on top of it.

Sonya, you looked great even during your prep time. Hard to believe you got even better. I have several recipes from muscle chow that I make over and over again. Lots of good ideas too.

Debbie, I like the stretch segment on Rumble too. It is 14 minutes though and she uses light weights to get deeper into the stretch. The first couple of times I did it I was swinging the weights around to much but once I learned to control them for the stretch I really liked it. The entire workout is pretty long.

Suz-I did that with 100 grand bars. It is just so easy. don't fret, it will come off easy. And thanks, I'm very excited to be working with Oleysa especially after the before pics, oy !!

Sonya-looks like TB workouts w/ 15 tm after, 2 days HIIT, and one day 30 SS. I'm glad she likes questions, I literally asked 32 :D She really listened to my dislikes on food which is wonderful. Do you make any substitutions with your meal plan or follow as written? I'm just worried that I may get tired of egg whites and oatmeal, but at least I get to make protein pancakes.

Where is Linda? I hope she's ok

Diane Sue-I'm not sure if I said this already but nice workout.

Lora-those people do seem very catty which must be exhausting

Theresa

Theresa, I hope Linda is Ok too. Last I remember seeing her post was Friday. Glad to see Olesya is working with you on the food:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.