Halloween and scary movies??

janie1234

Cathlete
Okay, since I asked what was the saddest movie you ever saw last time I would love to hear what is the scariest movie you've ever seen, . . and what are you or your kids going to be?
I just love Halloween. I've been sewing like a mad woman the past few weeks preparing my kids costume. Princess Peach and Mario (Super Mario Brothers). Still have to figure out how I'm going to make her crown. :( Oh and the scariest movie still remains to be the Exorcist and Poltergeist. They still give me the heebee geebees every year.

LOVE Halloween!!!

Here's a list of some of my favorites:

1. The Bad Seed
2. Rosemary's Baby
3. Psycho
4. Cape Fear
5. The Shining

Oh, you guys hit a lot of my favorites...I think The Exorcist and The Shining are my favorites.

I'll throw in Alien.

Oooh, I love horror movies, good ones, bad ones, in between ones. All year round.

For scary I'd say The Exorcist (dunno why, but creeped me out big time), The Ring, The Frighteners. Anything by Clive Barker.

For pure fun - Evil Dead 1, 2, and 3. Black Sheep (directed by Peter Jackson - not the awful comedy one), and Trilogy of Terror - the segment w/ the crazy possessed tribal doll thing Ay-ay-ayeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Nan

Ok....I probably sound like a silly scard-ie cat....BUT!...I watched those stupid CHUCKY movies when I was younger and seriously....I have a stupid fear of dolls now!!!

Any movie that has clows/dolls that come to life and hurt/kill/eat poeple...makes me have nightmares....STILL!

Give me all the bloody, gory movies and I'm good to go! A doll/clown movie...I turn into a pansie!!!:eek:

LOL!

The Exorcist.

My 14 y/o isn't trick or treating, but she's decided to dress up as her favorite guitarist. My 10 y/o can't make up her mind, but she's currently leaning towards a vampire.

I will be in a giant banana costume. I might even take pictures and post them. ;)

For pure fun - Evil Dead 1, 2, and 3. Black Sheep (directed by Peter Jackson - not the awful comedy one), and Trilogy of Terror - the segment w/ the crazy possessed tribal doll thing Ay-ay-ayeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Nan

I LOVE the Evil Dead movies!! They are so great! But I have to admit, ED 1 & 2 give me nightmares.

I'd say the scariest movie I've ever seen is Night of the Living Dead, the original one. Something about the really low budget and B&W freaks me out.

This isn't a movie, one of the creepiest shows I ever saw was the 1996 X-Files episode "Home". I still get the heebie-geebies just thinking about it.

Huge horror movie fan here too! One of the reasons I love this time of year so much. :)

Ditto on the Shining & the Exorcist. Alien will always be one of my all time favorites.

I just saw a movie over the w/e called Quarantine--OMG it scared the daylights outta me! One of the most suspenseful movies I've seen in a long time.

Most of King's stuff--Carrie, the Lost Boys, Cujo, oh heck I can't list them all here. :p

This isn't a movie, one of the creepiest shows I ever saw was the 1996 X-Files episode "Home". I still get the heebie-geebies just thinking about it.

Is that the one where the boys keep mom under the bed on that roll-y thing? Creepy!

• Blair Witch Project. There are scarier movies, but none done so well.
  • Candyman
  • The Grudge

I haven't seen any of the SAW movies, and I won't, because I can't even look at the posters for them!

OMG!!! That is one of the creepiest shows I've ever seen on Network TV. I remember looking over at DH around the second commercial and saying, "This is scaring the s**t out of me!" I actually bought the episode on video when it came out. I remember Fox got so many complaints that they didn't re-run it!!! (I say to myself it's wonderful, wonderful... Can you ever hear THAT song again without getting a chill!?)

Liann, you know I love The Bad Seed! That sweet little Rhoda!

The Exorcist is a definite.

Repulsion is a wonderful psychological horror film

One of my all time favorites is Carnival of Souls.... I couldn't stop thinking about that one!:eek:

Anyone ever seen the 1932 film Freaks? Very disturbing. And certainly not a flick that could be made today!

I heard of this one. I'm gonna have to Netflix it now! I also heard Audition, a Japanese movie, was one of the scariest, most disturbing movies ever made. Has anyone seen it?

I also have to add that Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween scared the crap out of me, more so than the original.

OOOOH I love horror movies!!!!! Great thread! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.