H. Moffitt Cancer Institute

baylian

Cathlete
I just want to pass along about how wonderful this place is. My father has been battling cancer for over a year and had major surgery this week. He will be heading to a short term rehab facility today. EVERYONE here has been nothing short of wonderful. It is a very caring place. I told my DH that I think they put these people through Disney World Etiquette training. A smile and helpful hand at every corner. I could not believe how many people did rounds on Thursday and came into see him - The surgeon, resident, P.A., two nurses, O.T., Speech Therapy, Dietician - all following his case. Oh and the case worker - I don't know where I would be without her (Yeah Lauren). And the cute college (USF) guys parking my car at valet!!! Yes - only valet parking here. No set hours either for visiting. I have slept here four nights.

If you or a loved one has cancer I recommend you check this place out. Just google the name.

Like their screen savers say at every nurse station - "Will today be the day?" - In other words will today be the day we finally cure cancer - of all kinds.

Please tell your father that this cancer survivor says, "Hang in there, baby!"

I had three wonderful doctors here in Maryland, plus all the super oncology nurses, "regular nurses', and everyone else who walked my path with me.

My husband and I always joke, too, that three women saved my life (my surgical oncologist, my regular oncologist, and my radiation oncologist), but it was a guy who rebuilt my supremo rack (my plastic surgeon was my radiation oncologist's husband). Hee!

Best of luck and all good blessings to your father!

What state is Moffet in? It's good to know we have excellent cancer centers in the USA> My dad had wonderful experiences with MDAnderson in Houston and my Grandpa was able to survive much longer than expected @ Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I'm glad to know there's a 3rd list to add to my *hope I never need it, but....*

Good luck to your dad!

I am so glad to hear of the wonderful treatment you all received there. Where is it? My DH is a MD and sends all of his patients to MD Anderson (we are in San Antonio), but he is always glad to hear of other cancer institutes to send patients to when logistics won't allow them to be here in Texas. Thank you for sharing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.