Gym Styles - What else do you do when you use them in a given week

ReenaPP

Cathlete
Hi - just curious and wanted input - when you utilize the gym style series (assuming you do all 3 together in a given week), do you also do 1 full body workout (such as muscle max or muscle endurance)? That was traditionally my mo, to work each body part minimum of 2x per week, but I got such great results with STS, I was wondering if it is necessary all the time - understanding of course Meso 2 is most like the Gym Styles, but they are different work outs...
Just looking for ideas on how you all mix it up - any ideas welcome!

I was trying to work out muscle groups 3 times per week based on stuff I'd read. STS has just totally thrown all that out the door for me and now, like you, I'm a bit confused. I started doing a rotation created by FitnessFreak (December 08) and it is only doing the muscle groups once per week.

I was trying to keep my strength gains from STS but can tell they are slowly slipping away. I guess I really relied on the layout of STS - everything put into place for me. Now I'm in a state of chaos!

Heather

Hi - just curious and wanted input - when you utilize the gym style series (assuming you do all 3 together in a given week), do you also do 1 full body workout (such as muscle max or muscle endurance)? That was traditionally my mo, to work each body part minimum of 2x per week, but I got such great results with STS, I was wondering if it is necessary all the time - understanding of course Meso 2 is most like the Gym Styles, but they are different work outs...

Whenever I use GS or S/H, I use them exclusively, and only for 3 weeks at a time, max. I am currently doing a month-long rotation of Muscle Max 3x a week, cardio 3x a week, this works well for me because I can give both weights and cardio equal attention.

I mix the GS dvds with cardio, alternating days. GS one day, cardio the next, and so on. By the end of the week, every part of the body gets weight work at least once.
~michelle

Thanks everyone....I generally do 6 days of cardio to ensure I get my weekly mileage in....I think I will go with working body parts 1x per week with gym styles and if I have the extra energy, go for a full body day to get 2x in ..
After summer holiday, I will probably do another sts rotation - I love sts, but when I do it I miss gym styles :)

Thanks!

I wanted to say thanks for those that answered this thread! In Sept I am going to be getting back into lifting weights (after surgery on both knees) and I was cusious about Gym Style and Muscle Max.

I am someone that gets bored EXTREMELY fast, so I am thinking about switching min eup weekly.

I'll probably do something like:

Wk 1: Gym Style
Wk 2: Endurance
Wk 3: Muscle Max
Wk 4: Endurance

and repeat. But with me you never know...I could go to the gym and lift and be in Cloud Nine and all of a sudden I can't stand the gym and have to lift at home.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.