Great Glutes Review

Cruncholi

Cathlete
Great Glutes Review: Cathe hit it out of the park with this one! GG starts out with standing leg work with light weights and high reps, low ends, and some new lunges moves that I had never done before. Then she moves into a killer sliding disc lunge section. The disc cross back lunges had me seeing stars and nearly took me out. I could not do all the reps. I think that's a remix of "Stayin' Alive" playing during this torture and that is all I was trying to do!! I could hear the evil witch laugh through Cathe's smiling, happy face! Oh this is why I love her so! Then it's time to hit the floor for some ball hamstring work plus inner thigh squeezes and a new move-ball catches (I was sure that these were going to be child's play, but by #4, I was swearing profusely. In my mind). Get prone because next up are about 19,000 side hydrants leg lifts---omg! Followed by a zillion pizza presses. I have no idea how Cathe & crew can do so many without stopping. Quote of the day:"when you wanna stop, is when it works!!" I am certain that walking will not come easily tomorrow. This is a great new workout! A definite keeper!

I really loved this one, too. I did it for the first time on Sunday, and was surprised at how quickly time flew by. The first section gets your heart rate up, and I really liked that. There was a new move with lunging, with your knee all the way to the floor and then rising up just a bit, down again, repeat. Uh, like ouch and stuff! The ball catches were awesome - I could not believe how well they worked the inner thighs. By the time the floor work hit, I was begging for mercy. Hope to build up to all the pizza presses - I had to take a rest break in the middle the first time. Can't wait to check out the barre work next time I do it. Cathe's form and energy were perfect - she will get you through some tough parts. Awesome!

Thanks for the reviews, I really look forward to, and love having another awesome Cathe lower body work out soon.

Brigitte:)

Great Glutes

I did Great Glutes today and loved it.

Low ends on courtesy lunge/ Back side lunge on slide disc was a nice effective variation. I thought pizza press was not going to end lol:D:D:D

I am looking forward to re-visiting this very soon;)

I just finished STS Meso 2 and was excited to try the new w/o on my "rest" week. Today I did X10 low impact and step, since I still had some energy and was anxious to try this one i added it on. i did the entire w/o with bonus, ouch!! If you have the time and energy this makes for one thorough w/o!! Next time I will do great glutes first and then try x10.

I still have yet to do this one in its entirety but I love the chair segment so much that I've done it twice (Saturday and today, a tack on to Lean Legs/Abs w/the barre segment). My hamstrings have had major DOMS---it's extremely effective. Can't wait to do the entire workout.

I did the extreme premix this morning and loved it! Of the 4 new workouts I've done so far, this one was the toughest! My lower body is still stinging.

owwwwieeeee

I did Great Glutes today and my behind is a little sore while I am sitting here typing this :) I did the premix that had the bonus chair without the stability ball - I don't think my back is quite ready for any ball work yet - and was really impressed how much I sweat! And how hard this was! Great workout, I really am enjoying this new series !!!!!!

I finally did the standing, disk, ball, and floor sections of this workout. The moves are subtle but effective. I love those low lunges (weighted and body weight only). They seem to hit every muscle in your legs, as well as your glutes. Other people have commented on how the sequence of the ball exercises is very effective, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I didn't feel so bad when I noticed Brenda wobbling at one point during the disk segment.

Last edited:
I LOVED this workout! I especially loved the compound moves and the discs. The disc work reminded me of High Reps, which I love. Great glutes is a great name!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.