Goodbye for 40 days!

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
A few weeks ago my boys told me of a challenge they were given at church. They are to give up something (of importance!) for 40 days & in doing so the church will donate $40 towards bibles in Africa. I thought it was a wonderful idea. Being the good Mom I try to be, I said "I'll do it with you" Thinking this was my opportunity to kick the sweet tooth for good. :p Give me a challenge & I don't want to lose!! ;) Apparently my DS had my challenge already in mind.....You guessed it - THE FORUM!!!! :mad: What kind of cruel son did I raise? :confused: Did he realize what he was asking me to give up?!? Well I'm the one that said I would join in, so I guess it's Goodbye for 40 days (starting tomorrow) :( :( :(
Do you realize how long 40 days are? 960 hours!! I won't be back until the end of November! So if anyone has ideas of how to sneak around this, please let me know - TODAY!!! Or if anything great comes up someone please e-mail me directly!!!
[email protected]

Goodbye all :(

WOW! I'll miss you Tami:(

I've taken long breaks from this forum and VF. It's not that difficult.....ok, maybe a little in the beginning.
You can get a lot done when you not sitting on the computer:D

That was my thought too!! My house will be sparkling!! ;) Besides after dreaming about Cathe last night eating a chili cheese hot dog ????? :eek: Maybe I need a break ?

If you get too bored, you can come sparkle up my house, too!! Start a craft project, or finish one. Start your holiday decorating (ooh, i love to decorate), cook a big yummy weekend family dinner, bake bread (to go with dinner), read a big book, take a class, take a nap. Relax!

We'll miss, ya, though. Keep it up on the pushup challenge and report it back to us in November. We will all be here when you get back!

Nan

<They are to give up something (of importance!) for 40 days & in doing so the church will donate $40 towards bibles in Africa.>

Sending bibles to Africa? I think that is awesome!!!! What a neat thing to participate in. :D

Good luck, Tami! We'll miss you! And good luck with your pushups!

I agree that you'll probably get a lot done when you're not sitting in front of your computer. But don't try to sneak around...you want to set a good example, right?;)

LOL at your Cathe dream!!:D

Do you have to give up the computer or just this forum? There are some GREAT articles on http://www.figureathlete.com/ and I was thinking it would take me forever to read them all. So maybe you could spend some time reading them? There is probably so much to learn about fitness there.

Hang in there and no cheating. It's a wonderful cause. Think of all the catching up you'll have to do when you get back!

Good luck! I should join you! :p I could get much more done if my computer wasn't sitting in the middle of the house!

See you the end of November :D

I promise no cheating!!! My ds will be checking the computer. You are absolutely right, I DO need to set a good example. Will check out that web-site that was mentioned & I figure what a great time to get my 1RM done! Maybe that will help me feel like I'm still in the loop.

It's just no forum, not no computer! :D

Ooooh, that would take more willpower than I could muster! Good luck and since we won't "see" you before, wishing you a Happy Halloween and Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh Tami, you will be missed :(:(

It's so hard to give up something we love. I do it every Lent season and always choose sweets or cursing or something. This must be really hard for you. I love the forum, but have noticed I've been spending a lot of time here. Not ready to give it up yet but.....
Good Luck and we'll see you in 40 days. :D:D
elliemom

Gobble gobble!

I think what you're doing is very cool! Enjoy this time with your family, Tami, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :D:D We'll be here when you get back!

Tami -- That's awesome! You can definitely do it. It means so much when we join our kids in those kinds of things -- I think it validates their values and what is important to them. I also think it will probably turn out to be a spiritually meaningful experience for you, if you know what I mean.
Good luck!

Thank you all for your support!!! I'm sure the first several days will be hard. I know you will all be here when my time is up ;).
Happy Halloween & Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
I will be in on Nov 1st just to get the Nov rotation. My ds said I could do that - with his supervision of course. Apparently he doesn't trust me :p

Tootles.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.