Good Self Tanner

I like the fake bake products...they go on like melted chocolate (I sleep on an old sheet) but I'm a pretty tan in the morning without the yucky smell.
I was just thinking that I needed to order again
julie :-D

i have tried every sunless tanner available. No matter what i think all will have some type of odor due to the DHA reacting on the skin to tan you. Depending on your own body chemistry, some will smell worse then others but its very individual. I'm a fan of famous daves as it smells pretty mild on me and makes me a nice shade of brown. I also just tried xen-tan gradual tanner and i love it. It smells like vanilla which is a known scent to fade the harsnish of the sunless tanner smell. Its all about trial and error. What smells on some will not smell on others. Its all rather frustrating which is why i still get some sun naturally. I've heard nothing but great things about the tan towels but have yet to try them. Good luck!

I like Almost the Real Thing Self-Tanning Gel by http://www.paulaschoice.com. I really don't think it has much of an odor at all. I also really like the Tan Towels. Another nice one is Jergen's Natural Glow, but you put that on daily instead of a regular body lotion, and the color builds gradually. It has a bit of a scent but it smells good to me. It is nice to keep a tan going that you already have, or to prevent one from fading so fast too.

I also like Tan Towels and think (for me) they smell the least. I think all of the self tanners have that smell to some degree and I agree that depending on your body chemistry it can/will smell differently.

I like the following:
Tan Towels because I love the easy use of the towels, I get no streaks, easily blends, GREAT for travel and maybe best of all...dries really fast and does not leave any marks on clothing and as long as I wash my hands right away, does not stain hands at all. However there's no way that a 1/2 body towel does 1/2 my body! The 1/2 body towel is dry after I do my chest, arms, neck, face and hands. If I use the full body towel I can add my abdomen and feet-knees. My one complaint is that there is not enough product on the towels. However they do sell a seperate spray that you can apply with the towels and it works good that way. I'm very fair and this gives me a good believeable tan, especially in winter when I only need upper body/face color. Oh, also there is no color to it so you can't see for sure that you got it everywhere, but like I said, I've had no problem with streaks or coverage at all.

For a darker tan when I have more time and want full body coverage I use Xen-tan or Faux-tan lotion. This lotion is DARK and you can see exactly where you put it and you have to rub it in good. Smells like almond to me. You have to put it on with gloves, at night, and sleep in something you don't mind getting dirty. The initial color will wash off when you take a shower in the morning and it leaves a great tan. It lasts about a week for me and is great before I go on vacation (then I take my tan towels to keep it up).

I just purchased Oil of Olay Touch of Sun for Med/Dark, and it's hardly noticable. It smells good, but doesn't really work. I'm also in need of a recommendation.

Thanks for the replies. I got the Famous Daves and it is really good...no scent at all and doesn't stain clothes even right after applying.

I love Famous Daves tanner too, but the price is way out there. A bottle usually lasts me about 3 weeks. I'm in the process of trying some others that Wal Mart carries. I bought a Coppertone spray on and will try it soon. I hope it works good.

I use the Avon brand. A bit of a smell at first but not too bad later. At least my boyfriend doesn't complain about it and he has the nose of a bloodhhound. Comes in cream and spray. Works greats and not too expensive.

MaryKay also sold a self tanner last summer--not sure if it is still available or not. I have used Famous Dave's also, which I like since I seem to always end up with streaks-no streaks with either of these 2 products.

BestICan

Heh...there's a barbecue place here called Famous Dave's. :D

I'vd had decent luck with Jergens Natural Glow. I'm very pale, so the gradual building of color is a little more appropriate for me.

However, I used Toma's Tan Perfect many years ago, and while it wasn't gradual, it did offer up some great color. I thought they stopped making it but just discovered it's back on the shelves, so I think I'll revisit Toma and see how that works.

I may try Dave's too. :)

I like fake bake but I just bought Bath and Bodywork's sunless tanner. I like it a lot. On me, it has no smell at all and seems to last longer than the fake bake. Bath and Body always emails me coupons too.

what Bath and Body works tanner are you talking about? Is it an actual Bath And Body works brand or a brand they seel in the store?

Thanks!

Ooo, I love Bath and Body, though I'm careful to avoid the store because I'll spend too much. :D

This might be the self tanner LaDonna mentioned. It got great reviews, and it's about the same price as Toma's. I may have to meander over to B&B next week.

I just put Toma's on about an hour ago and was going to celebrate the fact that it seemed odor-free. I just caught a whiff of it about 2 minutes ago though, so scratch that. Ah, that chemical-ly smell of summer. *gag*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.