Good Bosu Workouts

gogigi

Cathlete
Hi all!
I just purchased a Bosu today. At target, you can get one for $99.00 which seems to be the going rate, but I got a $20.00 Target gift card with my purchase so I bit today! I turned around and applied the gift card to my nephew's birthday present. Do any of you own a bosu and if so do you have some fun, good bosu workout recommendations? I don't think I can take Mindy Mylrea (sp?). I've tried a couple of her workouts and the endless chatting gets on my every nerve. That being said, if she has a great bosu workout that you would recommend, please do so. This is a whole new arena for me so all and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. TIA!
Angela:7

I received a bosu dvd for christmas. I havent tried it out yet but you can go to www.collagevideo.com and search bosu under the search and a few titles will come up. The one I got had another workout on it also, I believe the second one is without the bosu.

CIA 2604 Double Cardio has a bosu workout ~ Bosu Blast with Seasun Zieger that is Fantastic! I love it!! I use my Bosu in place of my step with some of Cathe's older workouts(I modify some of the moves to make them more doable on a Bosu). It's a lot harder and sweatier. My original Bosu workouts are VHS and keep getting stuck in my player, so I don't bother with them. When I used them, I liked the one with Candice Copeland(I can't remember the name) & Robert Glick's Cardio Fusion. It's been a looong time since I have done them though. I hope this helps. I love to use my Bosu for core & strength workouts, too.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Oh my gosh you guys. I had a hoot and a half on the bosu today. I did the "workout" that came with the bosu to get familiar with it. I did get warm and I was amazed at how much more challenging ab work is on this thing. Then I did CTX All Step on the bosu and really only had to modify a couple of moves. That was fun and interesting. Then I put in Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000 and fast forward through to some of the leg/cardio work just to get a feel for it on the bosu. I believe I got quite a good leg workout just going through some of the leg work on this one without weights and a lot of the cardio worked on this also. I was pretty sweaty and got quite a good workout in my practice session today. I need to quit now and fix dinner. I will be on the hunt for killer, fun, bosu workouts and let you guys know what I find. Thanks for the input!

mindy mylrea has awesome workouts on the bosu. check out her web site. she even has workouts with the gliding discs. if you havent tried gliding you should. killer! she can be chatty, but i am getting such a good work out, the pain takes over.

i also have rob glick, gay gasper and kelly roberts. some are aerobic, and some are with the body bar. i love the variety.

suri

Angela - I just got a bosu too. Ordered Seasun's workout too. Thanks for the idea of trying it with Ripped 1000. That should be challenging.

Gay Gasper also has a bosu workout, I got mine from collagevideo.com also Rob Glick has two cardio workouts on the bosu. You can go to collage and type in bosu and it will bring up the videos.

Jen

Karen Voight's Energy Sprint

I LOVE doing Karen Voight's Energy Sprint on my BOSU. Toward the beginning of the workout, she does balance drills and then has some balance moves throughout the routine. I just ordered the DVD version from Collage for $15. (My VHS version wore out.)

Energy Sprint is an older STEP workout. I am not a fitness expert so if anyone tells you that it really shouldn't be done on the BOSU, you might want to heed their advice but it works for me on the BOSU!

Have fun,
Shelley

RE: Karen Voight's Energy Sprint

I have a VHS copy of Energy Sprint somewhere. That's a good idea. I just ordered the CIA Double Cardio (the one with a step workout and a bosu workout) and Bosu Reactive Strength and Power with Gay Gasper along with Amy Bento's HLX and KBX...must stop...must get off the forums...no more purchases for a while!!! I can't wait to try the bosu workouts!!!

I agree with Shirl that CIA2605 Double Cardio's Bosu workout with Seasun ZIegler is great. It really works you out- especially the ab section!

Angela,
I'm expecting a bosu for my birthday (hoping) and wondered if you liked the new vids you got for yours?
Heather

Heather,
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Double Cardio...both workouts are fab, but only one is for the bosu! Reactive Strength & Power is growing on me. It is tough in the balance department. Some people find the choreography in Bosu Blast (Double Carido DVD) difficult, but this workout really motivated me and I picked it up quickly. It also has a nice, killer core routine that utilizes the bosu. I've preordered a workout that uses the bosu in a segment or two but won't know exactly how much until it gets here. I found it works for segments of my Jari Love workouts also. Going back to Reactive Power & Strength. That one starts with a WU, moves into lower body work, then upper body (which actually uses the lower body and balance quite a bit) then power cardio ending with a pretty nice stretch. Happy Birthday and I hope you get your bosu!!!

Angela,
Got my bosu, and I absolutly love it! Still waiting on some workouts I ordered. Thanks for your posts they helped me decide to get the bosu in the first place.

Heather

>Tracey Staehle's Sculpt Sweatfest uses the BOSU
>http://www.fitbytracey.com/video/flash/sweatfest_sculpt_clips.htm
>
>I didn't buy any of her latest releases but I do own an older
>video and she is a good instructor

I preordered that one also.

Oh, for another idea, I used my bosu for the cardio portions of HSTA last night and it worked out quite great. You need to be behind the bosu for the fast feet thingy's but it really had a lot of powerful "stick it" moves that I thought worked well with the bosu. I loved doing HSTA this way!

>Tracey Staehle's Sculpt Sweatfest uses the BOSU
>http://www.fitbytracey.com/video/flash/sweatfest_sculpt_clips.htm
>
>I didn't buy any of her latest releases but I do own an older
>video and she is a good instructor

I preordered that one also.

Oh, for another idea, I used my bosu for the cardio portions of HSTA last night and it worked out quite great. You need to be behind the bosu for the fast feet thingy's but it really had a lot of powerful "stick it" moves that I thought worked well with the bosu. I loved doing HSTA this way!

I've been trying to work the cardio into as many of my weight workouts as possible. My PT had me standing on it with the ball side down, like a wobble board for squats, side leg raises, and bridge work.

This morning I used it the same way (ball side down) with P90X Shoulders & Arms for all of the standing work. It added a really nice stability aspect to the workout.

I haven't been able to attempt any cardio on it yet.

I've started subbing the bosu for the step - even using Cathe!Hard work but easier on the joints...I have a hunch that TLT will come out with one don't you?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.