Gliding Discs

bettyboop

Cathlete
Does anyone know where to find the gliding discs? I have found them on websites that require the purchase of a kit, which includes a dvd from Mindy Mylrea, etc. I just want the discs; preferably, the ones Cathe uses in her dvds. I have a rubber floor in my workout room and the paper plates just don't cut it. I'm assuming those will work on my floor. Help!!! :)

Frisbees!

I use a frisbee instead of a paper plate and it works quite well. Pretty sure I saw that Cathe will sell the discs within the next few months.

If by rubber floors you mean something like puzzle mats, IMO, no gliders work well on them, there's a bit too much stick. Instead, get a piece of carpet remnant, or a bath rug, and put it down when you need to use the gliders (or paper plates, or frisbees, or moving discs...).

I agree with Kathryn - rubber mats don't work with either the hardwood floor gliding disks, or the carpet version. Getting a carpet remnant is an excellent idea, as is getting a large piece of laminate that you could just put on top of the mats when you need it.

If you want to just buy the gliding disks, check out this website: http://www.fmgonline.net/id/169 They're a Canadian company based here in Edmonton (where I live). I get most of my equipment from them; they're trustworthy and have great service.

Here's a new one for everyone. I am using a large decorative magnet, like you might put on a fridge, for a gliding disc. This particular one is of a paw print, a college logo. That's why it is so oversized. (So maybe it would've been put on a keg instead? ha ha ha) I put the decorative, slippery side down and my foot on the magnetic side. For me, this works better than my very cheap paper plates or my sratched up frisbee. I was planning to go to WalMart for the furniture slides, but now I'm not in any hurry.--Jeanne

I swiped one of DH's garage rags. Works great but tells me how dirty my floor is :eek:

Haha! Maybe we should just put Swiffer cloths on our feet.

I bought the Waxman oval furniture sliders recommended above by SteppingFool and previously by Kathryn. For $13, you get four sliders...can't beat it!

I have puzzle mats. The only thing that really works well for me is a furniture mover slide. It really slides well. Melissa

i got the gliding discs at a store called fitness source for $24.99 canadian. seemed pricey. it has "as shown on tv" so maybe try one of those stores that sells stuff from tv infomercials. honest to goodness - it makes a difference for me. those moves alone got my heart rate up over 144! i was so surprised by that.

You all probably know by now, but just to make sure...you get the new CATHE GLIDERS for FREE when you pre-order the new Low Impact series!!!!

I have rubber mats in my gym room and I tried the sliding discs to less than "gliding results" as the previous posters stated - too much stick in the mats. What works for me is an old fleece blanket that was heading to the rag pile. I just cut a couple of 10 inch squares and I had a great pair of gliding discs for free!!

I have the 'kit' by Mindy Mylrea and I find the workouts on her disc to be pretty good. no hopping, no bopping... but a good workout. i have those days when I want a good workout but i just don't want to jump up and down or lift weights - mindy's disc workouts are an interesting alternative for me. And you get the discs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.