Getting Our Licks In!

Just a quick dart in -

Today is supposed to be a rest day, but Great Glutes came, so we will see what tonight brings :)

Yesterday, did my two climbing hours on harder routes as planned- did a tough overhanging one twice, to strengthen those core and forearm muscles, made an attempt at crack climbing to practice up a little for the weekend, and almost made it through the crux section of that ceiling I wrote about. Gave it twofold tries, but didn't quite have the strength left to accomplish the hardest move. Close, though! And the dread factor is going down.

Off to work , more later -

We had a great Thanksgiving break and even did a mile hike to a waterfall before enjoying our big meal. I have a lot of leftovers and we'll be working through those for awhile. We are decorated for Christmas and I've started on my to-do's for the season. So far I feel ahead of the game :) Tonight I'm going to encourage Dave to start P90X again and I'll join him if he does, otherwise I'll do a bootcamp.

Michelle - I hope your evening without Toby was tolerable, it will be so good to see him when you're back. I only do 1 X10 workout at a time, I too enjoy that it's a quick 30 min workout when I'm short on time.

Janie - I ate everything in sight too, felt it later and the scale shows it! Focusing on healthy food through December!

ShadowPup - Nice work climbing! Always good when the dread factor goes down and you see improvements!

Cindy

Getting ready to workout and will post later what I did.

Shadowpup, Fantastic work on your 2 climbing hours. Wish I could just come over and watch you exercise. YOU are superwoman! I love that we have such diversity here in this group. It's such a blast to hear about your workouts.

Cindy, Wow going for a walk and being gifted with a beautiful waterfall. Now that's a reward!

Did the first segment of Turbo Barre. Man I forget how hard it is every time I do it.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Starting the week out right, on Monday night I did ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 Bonus Abs 2 and last night I did RWH Circuit Upper Body - no blasts. Tonight I'm going to do KickMax. I've been working on cutting sugar and will get back to low carb eating today - it's time to get serious!

Janie - TurboBarre is a tough one - makes my legs scream for a good day :) Nice work!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Cindy

You all are doing such wonderful workouts. Good for you.

I'm doing my own thing for a little while by using timesavers from all of Cathe's DVD's. After Christmas will be doing rotations from Cathe's new DVD's coming out. The Sweat Series. I can't wait. But my workouts will be light and healthy. I took a few days off. Will get back into them this coming Monday. I really do need a rest. And it's good for you anyways.

Take care everyone and I'm so inspired by you all,

Janie

Last week was a busy week at Parris Island. Got back Friday night. Not much exercise except for daily walks. Toby and I had a very busy Saturday: class in the morning, a walk around downtown Fredericksburg (just for fun), and then the afternoon with my cousin, his wife, and 2 1/2 year old daughter at a Christmas tree farm. Toby had a great time getting lots of attention from people and walking around the farm. My cousin and his family did find a tree and Toby and I were plum tuckered out once we got home. Going to give Cathe's December rotation a try. I've been struggling with exercising on a daily basis since my DH passed away, so I'm hoping the December rotation will provide some inspiration. We'll see.

Janie: I'm with you on the exercise struggle. Maybe we can work out of our rut together this month.

Cindy: here's to healthy eating in December!

Shadowpup: did you give Great Glutes a try? How did it go?

Michelle

Rest day today as well. Will start exercise with premixes starting tomorrow.

Michelle, Glad you are back home and safe. Great job on your and Toby's walks. And finding a tree with your cousin, his wife and 2 1/2 year daughter. Bet that was fun. I'm going to look at Cathe's Dec. rotation, but pretty sure I'll stick with premixes until the new DVD's come in. You are doing good fighting to stay on top of your exercises. I'm pretty sure it's best to continue with them. Stay strong and continued prayers your way. xoxo. YES! Let's do this Dec. month together. Will tell you what I've done with exercises tomorrow. YaHoo!

Take care,

Janie

Hi all, still on the road. The active part of my trip is done, sigh, but I will enjoy the conference! More when I return.

Waves to all!

No official exercise over the weekend, just lots of to-do's as I get ready for Christmas. Monday I did ICE Metabolic Total Body - felt that yesterday, and last night I did Tabatacise 1-2. I had planned to do 1-3 but the evening got away from me and I was running out of time. Tonight will be ICE To the Mat and I'm taking tomorrow off work (wrap up Christmas shopping, watch Lucas at Gymnastics, and a dentist appointment) so I'll get a workout in the morning and then another in the evening - Cathe Live workout and PiYo are planned.

Shadowpup - I hope the conference is good and I'm sure you'll find ways to still be active :)

Janie - Are you following your own workout plan or doing a rotation?

Michelle - Glad you had a fun weekend with Toby and family. Do what feels best for workouts and don't be tough on yourself if it's not your norm - you aren't going through your norm in life right now.

Cindy

I did 30 30, one of my most bestest workouts. So fun! I'm just going to fudge premixes of short workouts. Until after Christmas. Then will do serious stuff with the new workouts.

Won't be giving out Christmas cards this year. Our PO are doing strange things and things aren't working out with them. I think it must be a new person. I'll be sending my card here just before Christmas.

Cindy, Lot's of do's are good. You are moving and that's enough for now during this really busy time. Great job on ICE MTB, Tabatacise 1-2. Enjoy tonights workout.

Shadowpup, Be safe on the road and do enjoy the conference.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Wednesday was ICE To the Mat and yesterday morning I did PiYo, I was going to double up for the day but Brodie needed some extra cuddles before bed so it got too late for me. All the Christmas shopping is done so this weekend will be baking and wrapping gifts. I plan to do Athletic Training tonight and I'll get a Cathe Live workout in tomorrow. Woke up to some snow this morning so I shoveled a bit and have my fingers crossed more comes so we can maybe sled this weekend.

Janie - 30/30 is fun, such a sweat fest :) Keep up those great premixes.

Shadowpup & Michelle - Hope you're getting your licks in :)

Cindy

Hi all, back as of yesterday. The two days climbing at Joshua Tree were amazing - I learn so much from these intense focused weekends. Also, it was a fun way to celebrate the end of age 54 :) On my actual birthday I drove to La Jolla, and did a Bike and kayak tour. No one else was there for the bike tour, so we went at my place. Fun! So was Kayaking that afternoon. I am no expert at either, but in light traffic for bikes, and reasonably calm ocean for kayak, I do fine. Wouldn't go without a guide though.

The conference went well also. My slot was 90 minutes, which concerned me a little since that is a very long time to keep an audience engaged! But pretty much everyone stayed the full time.

Now, back to easing into regular life, calming the kitties, catching up with a friend post knee surgery, and FINALLY did Great Glutes premix (most of it). Great suggestion, Michelle!

Waves to all - you are doing so well!

Last edited:
Today was MM and tomorrow is a rest day. WooHoo!

Cindy, Great job on ICE To The Mat and PyYo. Wow, you are done Christmas shopping? Good for you! I just need to make a few more carmal recipes and a few crosses and crucifixes and I'll be done. Whew!

Shadowpup, Glad you are back home safely. You had quite the travel and climbing. Wow! I love to see your adventures! Happy Birthday. Nice present driving to La Jolla and doing a kayak tour. Amazing. Glad the conferences went well. That's always nice. Great job on GG premix (most of it LOL!) Good job.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I got this message from Laura in my FB message:
Laura Ann Cummings

I have tried to post on our forums for Cathe Getting Our Licks In but I get a message saying I have insufficient privileges to do so. I just created a new profile because i've had so much trouble trying to change my name from my divorce name and with passwords my new name is BodyAlchemyAligned do you know how I can get back on the form? I miss you guys

Can anyone help her get back here? I'm at a loss.

Janie

We might need to get the administrator to help - I'm not sure why she wouldn't be able to join in. We didn't make this a closed group, did we?

Edited to add: I just emailed to the help address, and pointed them to this check in. Ticket 1016293. We will see if there is an answer. Also sent a note to Laura's new profile.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a great session on the Reformer and a premix from Party Rocking Step #1. I just love that routine it's so fun! Today I am taking a rest day.... I'm a little under the weather so laying low and trying to knock it out before the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.