Getting Our Licks In!

Tuesday night was KCM's MUL2BF the Superset #1 premix. This wasn't a good choice. I did my own thing working chest/back/bis & did KCM's Tabata ab routine. My abs are still sore today. Wednesday night was ICE Low Impact Sweat only the floorwork. Didn't feel like doing the Blast section. Tonight's KCM's Strength & Stamina which uses the kettlebell.

Janie Sis: Good job on PLB. Any art projects in the works lately? I know your always doing something creative.

Welcome back Ladubose!

Waves to Cindy & Michelle!
Take care,
Kathy

Today was Total Body Trisets: Upper Body.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Tues. for doing KCM's MUL2BF the Superset 1 prem. So sorry about not being a good choice, but you made up for it by doing your own thing working chest, back and bis and did KCM's Tabata ab routine. Congrats on the ab DOM's. Also for doing Wedn. ICE Low Impact Sweat only floorwork. Enjoy's tonight's workout. I am working on a design for a friends guitar. He will be selling it for a fund raise. Just beginnings of it. It should be lots of fun.

Laura, So glad you rejoined our group. You have been missed like you wouldn't believe! I'm proud of you trying to get back on your feet and slowly but surely you'll be back in a place where you are comfortable. Great job on SS Mega cycle 1 Week 2 Legs. Can't go wrong with 6.5 months of STS rotation. Good to see you taking action for a healthy body, seeing a doctor, is utmost important. You go girl! I have weight to lose too and need to gain muscle. We'll do it together.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Thanks for the warn welcome back!

I had some good DOMS today from STS legs! It's a good feeling. Today I did STS Step Moves. I like this one a lot! My cardiovascular shape is pretty bad, carrying around this extra weight sure does impact that! :0

Good Job Janey on total body trust UB-- I like that one too!

Kathy I am not sure what workout that is. is it a Cathe workout or something else

Last night sure was fun doing KCM's Strength & Stamina #2. This workout works your entire body w/strength, cardio & kettlebell moves. Great workout! Tonight's my rest night. I've been feeling tired & out of sorts this week. Next week I think I'll do KCM's new rotation which is mostly all strength. Need fun workouts.

BTW: My DS heard from University of Ohio in Cincinnati for an interview. He's scheduled for May 13th. I feel as if all of his applications are starting to come in now. I'm excited for him.

Janie Sis: That's great that your putting a design on your friend's guitar. I used to be in Intellectual Property. Perhaps you should think about copyrighting your design. What if it becomes popular & someone copies it? Just something for you to think about. Great workout you did.

Laura: I bet you had DOMS from STS M1 Legs. Its brutal. Great job. You actually can get all of the choreography to Step Moves? Kudos. I can't do that one at all too confusing. The workout I did is from Kelly Coffey Meyer's Muscle Up Lift To Be Fit dvd. But I much prefer her Pump in Cardio Pump which is all strength done in a pyramid fashion. I do a lot of different workouts not just Cathe as Janie & Michelle can tell you.

Happy Easter everyone!
Take care,
Kathy

What a wonderful surprise today to see that Laura has checked in! I wish you were standing right in front of me Laura--I'd give you a great big (((((HUG))))).

So--I think I've been bad this week, not checking in. But I've been good with my workouts. Finishing up the last week of Cathe's March rotation: Monday, IMAX3; Tuesday, S&H biceps and triceps; Wednesday, KPC; Thursday, S&H shoulders only; today (Friday), X10 step, low impact, and cardio blast premix. Spring has come to Virginia this week for sure. My cherry tree is in full bloom as is my tulip magnolia. Toby and I have had lots of good walks and after a terrible obedience class Monday night, we had a pretty good handling class Wednesday night. Got him up on his grooming table today and combed him out, raked out his undercoat, and did the top sides of his paws. Need to trim up the bottoms later today or tomorrow morning and freshen up his "show tail." He likes his grooming table but the problem now is that he wants to put paws up on all the tables which, of course, is not allowed. So we have to work on him understanding the difference between his table and all the other tables/counters in the house.

Kathy: we had a cool weekend here last weekend, but not down in the teens-brrrr. Hope you are getting this warmer weather up your way. Isn't it great just being able to call AAA? Love that. When you need them, you need them and the membership is worth every penny. Great job on your workouts this week. I know how much you enjoy/like/love KCM's workouts. Taxes are done.

Jamie: You? Stagefright? Hard to believe. You are so social. So glad you are sticking with the March rotation. It's fun, isn't it? And yes, I modify when I need to, as well. But I do love the 9th and 10th intervals and blasts on IMAX2.

Laura: I've kept track of your journey on FB the past few years. I know that it has been a rough time. You know yourself so well--working with a doctor sounds like a wise path to help you with the weight loss. Do you have a FitBit? I highly recommend one--really a useful tool to help keep you on track with your eating and exercise. What cardio are you going to mix in with your STS workouts? We'll be right here, cheering you on.

Cindy: speaking of cheering, makes me think of you because of Lily in cheerleading. Hope you are doing well and everyone is healthy in your house through this Easter season.

Michelle

Beautiful spring day here in Virginia. Toby and I have taken a long walk and played several rounds of fetch and tug in the yard. We also had training class this morning which was a bit challenging because we "played" an impulse control game. We do the impulse control games as a group which is what makes it hard because you have to keep your dog in a sit or down stay while another handler and dog are moving around you. The group games are also alot of fun though and the class goes by very quickly. After class, we went to Five Below and I bought 3 hula hoops--also for impulse control exercises and then Toby and I went to Lowe's and practiced loose-leash walking and meeting people in the store. Lowe's is a great practice venue because it it a huge building with lots of different and unexpected noises and it has lots of people in it. After coming home and having lunch, I did S&H Chest, Back, and Planks. I'm now done with the March rotation so this week I'll probably do some ICE workouts until Cathe posts the April rotation.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday.
Michelle

Hi everyone

No workout for me yesterday. Although Eliza returned safely from her trip to NYC which was a relief after recent events in Belgium. Holidays are hard for me so today was a little rough. I did make myself workout and feeling a little better. I did STS Meso Cycle 1 Week 2 Chest, Shoulders and Bi's. I am really liking Meso Cycle 1 this go around, which is usually my least favorite of the mess cycles. I have a ton of school work to do and I will begin cooking Easter Dinner tonight as well. We are having a Spring Pea soup with mint, Ceasar salad, Leg of lamb, prochoito wrapped asparagus, and scalloped potatoes. I am not much of a desert person but my daughter, boyfriend and his daughter all are so I think I might pick up a small carrot cake or white cake from Whole Paycheck.

Kathy: oh dear I have a feeling you might be an exercise dvd purchasing enabler for me! I will have to check out those videos on line!

Michelle: thanks for the hug! Yes it has been an unbelievable few years. It is sooooo super super precious to hear your tales (tails) of Tobby and your many adventures, it makes my poor heart happy!! Im sure he will continue to make me smile! Sounds like a tough rotation!

Janey: you, shy, what did I miss?!

Today was Turbo Barre.

Laura, Great job on STS Step Moves.

Kathy Sis, Most of the time I put a cc symbol on my artwork, seems to work, I hope. You have a good point there. Great job on Strength & Stamina 2. Good luck for your son's interfiew from University of Ohio in Cincinnati for an interview.

Michelle, Great job on your workouts: Monday, IMAX3; Tuesday, S&H biceps and triceps; Wednesday, KPC; Thursday, S&H shoulders only; today (Friday), X10 step, low impact, and cardio blast premix. You are doing so well. Loving the sprouting of color from Spring. And for walking Toby as you do and his learning of doing things. You take such good care of him.

Michelle, Great job on the walks, fetch and tug with Toby and his training. All seems complicated to me. LOL! Great job on S&H chest, back, and planks.

Laura, I get really nervous singing and playing the guitar in front of my friends. So I volunteer at an adult living place, where there are only 5 members and I sing to them. It's working out so nicely. Yeah, glad Eliza returned home from her trip. I love you girl friend, hugs to you and many prayers. It takes a lot of time, I'm sure. We are here for you, anytime and for as long as you like. Great job on STS Meso Cycle 1 Week 2 Chest, Shoulders and Bi's. Enjoy Easter and all what it means, your dinner sounds so good. I heard lamb is really good for you, health wise.

Take care everyone, enjoy Easter,

Janie

Last edited:
Happy Easter everyone. May God's grace and love bless each and every one of you and your families. Not sure what is going on with the postings here. Seems like lots of posts were not "visible" to me yesterday and now there are a bunch of posts from you all. Just happy to read what everyone is doing.

I think my little furry friend is a bit tired from yesterday--we took what I will call a "half-walk" this morning. But we did have fun playing fetch and run in the yard. Toby loves this game: I throw the ball for him, he fetches, and then while he is running back to me, I start running up our yard and around the driveway so he can chase me. Gives both of us a good bit of exercise. We did that this morning for about 30 minutes. Then later on I did Party Rockin Step 1--one of my favorite Cathe step routines.

Laura: so good that Eliza is back home safe. I have a neighbor whose college-age daughter is in Europe for this semester and she is extremely worried about her daughter. Are any of us safe anymore? I have to go to the Pentagon this week and I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about it. Every time another one of these terror attacks happens, it makes me nervous but we have to keep going. Right? Speaking of keeping going: way to go on your STS workouts. Step Moves is another one of my favorite Cathe step routines.

Kathy: great news about your son hearing from another pharmacy program. I bet he gets more interviews in the next few weeks. Keep killing those KCM workouts!

Janie: I have to admit I skipped the turbobarre routine last weekend. I think I did something else--just wasn't feeling barre-like. I have learned alot taking Toby to obedience training and handling class. Working with the hula-hoops is fun and different. At some point, I'm hoping to get him to go through the hoops instead of trying to play with them--if we can get to that stage, we might have half a chance at doing agility. Time will tell. I have to remind myself to keep the training fun for him but not so much fun that he just turns into a total goofy golden retriever intead of paying attention--it's a challenge for me to find that balance.

Michelle

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter. Mine was busy but quiet.

Saturday I started KCM's 2016 Strength rotation w/LIFT #1. This is Olympic style lifting. I know nothing about Olympic method so I took it easy on myself & only used a 15# bodybar. I needed to get the form down pat. Unfortunately my arthritis in both hands did NOT like this method at all. Never doing it again. Sunday was Muscle Up Lift To Be Fit #2 which works your legs/bis/tris + I did Hammer 10 Min. Abs from the Master's Hammer & Chisel from Beachbody. Tonight will be Strength & Stamina #1.

Michelle: I'm sure Toby will get the hang of the hula hoop for agility. Just takes time & patience which I know you have. Great workouts as always. Safe travels to the Pentagon.

Laura: What was Eliza in NYC for? I'm in NY & just curious. I know your glad she's home safe now. Your Easter dinner sounds Yummy! I may just be an enabler. I'm thinking of purchasing soon in April Body Beast for Women from Beachbody. But this time I'll wait for reviews. I already have Body Beast & love it!

Waves to Janie & Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

IMAX3! Need I say more?

Kathy Sis, Hope you enjoyed Easter as well. Great job on KCM's 2016 Strength rotation w/LIFT 1. Nice to see you are safe with workouts that you are not sure of. Sorry about the arthritis in this workout. Ugh... Great job on Muscle Up Lift To Be Fit 2. Sounds like a good one.

Michelle, Thank you for your Easter blessings, It was so lovely. I bet you LOVE walking with Toby. It's nice to envision him fetching and running back to you. Great job on Rockin Step 1. Yep, I like that one too. Wishing and hoping that Toby will get to the point to to go through the hoops instead of playing with them. He will...

Take care all,

Janie

Janie IMAX 3!!!! You go girl! Great job.

Last night was Strength & Stamina #1 which works your entire body. You do 2 different weight exercises for 2 sets of 12 & then you do a kettlebell exercise. Body has major DOMS today. Tonight's Split Sessions #2 which is all legs. I love this one.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Going back to ICE this week--today I did upper body circuits after a nice 2+mile walk with Toby this morning.

Janie: way to go on IMAX3!

Kathy: looking forward to reading your reports on the rotation you are doing. What a bummer that your arthritis flared up on the first workout. Fortunately, you have lots of other workouts to do.

Waves to Cindy and Laura.
Michelle

Today was Slow & Heavy Series Triceps/Biceps, modified of course.

Michelle, Great job on upper body circuits and a 2+ mile walk with darling Toby.

Kathy Sis, Love your inspiration. LOL! I feel the cheer even from where I am! Great job on Strength & Stamina 1. Love full body w/o's. Ooo, sounds like a good one. I love kettlebells.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night was Split Sessions #2 which is all legs. Great leg workout from Kelly. One of her best. Tonight it may have to be my rest day. DH has a wicked inflammation in his thumb nail & needs to go to the dermatologist. I'll need to take a cab home which could take a while. DH always picks me up at the train station. If I get home at a decent time, I'll do Weights 2 which works your bis/tris/shoulders.

Janie sis: Another great workout w/S&H. Your crushing these workouts. You would enjoy doing Strength & Stamina. Not that I want to enable you or anything but go check it out on Coffey Fit. :)

Michelle: This 1st week is all about strength but next week I see I have Cardio Blast which is her plyo workout. You crushed it too w/ICE UB Chiseled & I know you enjoy your walks w/Toby. You must've been up at the crack of dawn to get in your 2 mile walk in the morning. Did you work from home?

Take care everyone,
Kathy

ICE Rockem Sockem Blast Timesaver--just under 30 minutes of cardio plus a 2 1/2 mile walk with Toby this morning. Handling class tonight. Toby did pretty good considering it was his first time in class with a female dog in season. First time for everything and he is going to have to get used to it because there will be bitches in seasons at shows. Just the way it is.

Janie: Enjoy your slow and heavy week. I sure was glad when I was done with those last week.

Kathy: nice job on your let workout. I'm contemplating a one of the ICE leg workouts tomorrow morning. Are you into solid spring weather in New York? Everything is blooming here; the cherry blossoms are gorgeous and at peak bloom to just past peak. One of my favorite times of year here in Northern Virginia.

Waves to Cindy and Laura.
Michelle

Last night got the cab pretty quickly so I was able to do my Weights #2 (bis/tris/shoulders). My arms are officially toast today. I'm sure glad this week of strength is over with. Thank goodness tonight's workout is Athletic Conditioning #2 which alternates an ab exercise with a stretch for 30 min. I like this one.

Janie Sis: Enjoy your slow & heavy workout today.

Michelle: Good workout you did RmSm premix + your 2 mile walk w/Toby. I'm sure Toby will get used to all the female doggies. It'll take time. Weather keeps flip flopping here in NY. Yesterday it was freezing but sunny & today its going up to 69 degrees. Its crazy to keep switching coats winter & then spring. We have some plants & trees trying to bloom but they better go back in b/c next week wet snow is on the way!!! Unbelievable. Glad your enjoying the spring weather. I should move to Virginia.

Waves to Cindy & Laura.
Take care,
Kathy

Today was Slow & Heavy Legs & Shoulders. Ouch, my legs. I already feel them. LOL

Kathy Sis, Great job on Split Sessions 2, legs. Hope your hubby's thumb will get better soon.

Michelle, Great job on ]ICE Rockem Sockem Blast Timesaver and your 2.5 walk with Toby this morning. Never thought of a dog having to control himself. Yeah, he will have to get use to that. LOL

Kathy Sis, Great job on Weights 2, bis, tris and shoulders. I bet you are feeling it.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night had a great workout w/AC #2 which was abs/stretch. This one works great if you don't do an upper body workout beforehand. Today's my rest day. Thank goodness b/c I sure do need it.

Janie Sis: Great job on S&H legs & shoulders. Are you continuing w/S&H for next week?

Nothing planned for the weekend. Probably a relaxing & quiet one.

Have an enjoyable weekend everyone!
Take care,
Kathy

I'm taking today off. 65 years old today and feel it's a privilege.

Kathy Sis, Great job on w/AC 2 abs& stretch. Enjoy your rest day and the weekend. Will be thinking of you.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.