Getting Our Licks In!

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday, we started with snow, then went to ice, then freezing rain, to rain. The electric went out 3 am this morning; back on just before 8 am. Worked at home yesterday and today. And Toby and I walk in all weather, so yesterday in the cold and today in the nearly 60 degree sunshine this afternoon. Yesterday was RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. Today was ICE Low Impact Sweat premix 15 which was cardio 2, blizzard blast, and icy core 2. Super fun workout. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I'm thinking a leg workout. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Kathy: hope all your snow and ice melted today as it did here. Thanks for the insights on Autumn's Chisel workouts. I have 21 day fit and do enjoy thoset when I feel like I need a little change of pace from my Cathe workouts. I have never heard of Alwyn Gosgrove or Lou Schulyer, You are a great source of other fitness people.

Janie: are you loving the ICE workouts? Hope so!

Waves to Cindy!
Michelle

Monday had a great workout w/KCM's Pump. Much better than Sagi's Max Hammer. I just don't feel anything w/that one. Tuesday night was Turbo Fire HIIT 25 Class. Had a blast w/this one. I love Chalene Johnson. Wish she was here in NY & not in CA. I can't stand Hammer Plyometrics which I was supposed to do. Have no idea why they put in pullups & then expect you to do a burpee? Are you kidding? Must throw that workout in the trash.

Tonight's Autumn's Total Body Chisel. This is the first time doing this & I have no idea what to expect but I bet it will be awesome. For some reason Sagi is off in these Hammer workouts. Not his usual self like in Body Beast. Perhaps he's out of his element. Can't put my finger on what's different.

Michelle: Most of our snow is melted away due to the 54 degree temps we had yesterday. Its just crazy going from 18 to 54. I don't envy you on your walks w/Toby. I do miss the days of having a dog though. Cosgrove & Schulyer have written several fitness books. I derived quite a bit of strength from their paper workouts.

Waves to Janie & Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

Sorry I haven't had time to post. Things are good but busy :) Exercise wise I'm still doing ICE workouts and focusing back on keeping my carbs and sugars low per day. Spring seems to have hit Montana so our snow is quickly disappearing and I planted some spinach and lettuce seeds in my garden and put my pop-up greenhouse over them. I had good luck last year. Last night I did ICE Low Impact Sweat - Workout 1 and tonight I'll do Metabolic Total Body.

Kathy - Glad you have warm temps again. How did you like the Total Body Chisel?

Michelle - Bipolar weather is always interesting. Glad the weather is better :) Keep up your awesome workouts.

Cindy

Last night was Total Body Chisel + 10 Min. Ab Chisel. I loved Autumn in this. Its supersets 3 exercises, 3 sets, back-to-back w/no rest. My favorite method of strength training. Whoop! This time around I did all of the ab exercises on my bench & it worked out much better. Not my favorite. I still think Cathe & KCM do it best. But this was definitely hard.

Tonight's ISO Strength Chisel w/Autumn. This is another great workout.

My muscles are sure sore especially in my shoulders. I have one more week before I go onto something else.

Janie Sis: Are you still doing ICE workouts? What's going on?

Cindy: Good to hear from you busy momma. LOL Must be nice having a greenhouse. I unfortunately have no green thumb. Poor plants would most likely die if I touched them. LOL Your amazing for keeping up w/your workouts with all you do. MTB is one of my favorites out of the bunch. Enjoy! How the kids doing? I hope everyone's well.

Waves to Michelle!
Take care everyone,
Kathy

Today I did MTB. Had a nice rest day yesterday. AND I jam tonight with my group. Love playing the guitar and singing.

Kathy Sis, Great job on last nights TBC and 10 min.ab chisel. What are you thinking about doing next week in the way of a routine/rotation exercise? Yep, I'm still doing ICE. I love it!

Take care,

Janie

Last night was ISO Strength Chisel w/Autumn. What a hard but awesome workout this is. You do 3 sets of an exercise but the killer is that after each set you have to hold the isolation for 10 very long seconds. Not easy when your doing a Bulgarian split squat. My legs were BURNING! Thank goodness that tonight's my rest.

Janie Sis: I just love MTB. It does remind me of Flex Train. Glad your enjoying ICE & that your having fun jamming w/your group. My DH plays his guitar practically every day. He'll be performing March 19th at a new pub that's opening up. I have one more week of Hammer & Chisel before I move onto something else. Thinking of doing Supreme 90 Day. I did this one ages ago for 90 days & loved it. This is w/Tom Holland. I'll probably only do 2 weeks. I want to see if I still love it.

Waves to Michelle & Cindy!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Kathy

Yesterday was a rest day but took several good walks with Toby. Today, the weather is really wonderful here in Virginia and Toby and I have taken advantage of it getting our walks in. Did Tabatacise 1-3 this afternoon. Otherwise, I've spent the day cleaning the house and spending time with Toby. We did not have class this morning because there was a rally event at Pup N'Iron today. Unfortunately, the woman who owns Pup N'Iron and does alot of the training classes came back from Westminister with the flu and pneumonia so she is in the hospital. We are all hoping she gets well really soon. We will be back at class Monday night; otherwise, I am doing "homework" with Toby--particularly focusing on him standing still--even if for a short period of time.

Kathy: bravo on your workouts. You've really been working hard and it sounds like you are getting great results.

Janie: love MTB from ICE--one of my favorites.

Cindy: I'm hoping to get some yard work done tomorrow morning before it rains. We'll see how it goes. Tis the season to start thinking about spring, isn't it?

Michelle

Today was definitely not a rest day. Toby and I started the morning with a 1 mile walk, then a 2 mile walk, and another 1 mile walk. Then I did Supercuts timesaver first half of workout and bonus core 1. I'm going to do cardios between 25-30 minutes this week and then an XTRAIN burn set each day. The weather is supposed to be more seasonal (not as cold) so Toby and I should be able to get some good walks in as well. We spent alot of time "training" today which means I mix up having him do different behaviors when we are walking and then short practice sessions in the house. I think I've worn him out. I know I'm tired. I'm keeping my eyes out for a hula hoop to use with Toby. Mostly to teach impulse control--getting him to sit still while I put the hoola hoop over him and down on the floor. I need to check out online which stores might have hula hoops. I must really love Toby because I'll even go to Toys R Us if I have to in order to buy one.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Michelle

Weekend was busy but productive at least. Saturday was Chisel Balance. This was incredibly hard for me b/c by the time I actually did the workout it was 3:00. I was very tired. Sunday was Max Hammer + RWH abs #1. My abs must have improved b/c Cathe's ab exercises were down right easy. Tonight will be Chisel Cardio.

Michelle: 4 miles of walking w/Toby was a lot! Good training too that your accomplishing w/him. That's interesting re the hula hoop. I'm sure you can find one at Toys R Us. :)

Have a great day everyone!
Kathy

Last night was Autumn's Cardio Chisel. You use light weights in this workout. Why in the world would you put pullups in a cardio workout is beyond me. Beachbody doesn't explain why we do back-to-back strength workouts practically every day. Very little cardio. I still liked this one but not sure how often I'll put it in my other rotations. Its definitely different though.

Tonight DH & I have an appointment with our accountant to get our taxes done. Ugh! Not looking forward to this. No workout tonight.

Its supposed to rain & snow later today. Yuck! Wish spring would hurry up.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Focusing on low impact HIIT workouts, core, and strength this week using XTRAIN workouts. Yesterday was AOLIH step, discs, and core 1 timesaver. This morning was XTRAIN burn sets back and shoulders. Both handling and obedience classes were cancelled last night due to the tornado watch in the area where I live. Honestly, by class time, the sky was clear and the stars were twinkling. I was disappointed that Toby and I didn't get to go to either class. I will say that when the storm blew through it was very strange out. Fortunately there was no severe damage or injuries in Northern Virginia but the Town of Waverly in SE Virginia did not fare well.

Kathy: I'm with you on taxes. I do those myself and every weekend this month has included some kind of "prep activity" for me. This weekend, I'll actually start filling out forms. Pull-ups in a cardio workout does sound unusual. I cannot recall a Cathe workout that has pullups in a cardio workout. She usually saves those for strength/weight workouts. Maybe you should ask Autumn on her FB page about the inclusion of PUs in this particular workout.

Waves to Cindy and Janie.
Michelle

Last night I was planning on doing the Master's Cardio but DH & I just spent the time reviewing the accountant's income tax forms. Joy! Tonight I'll do the workout & that will be it for me w/doing Master's Hammer & Chisel. Not quite sure what to do next either KCM rotation or a Supreme 90 Day rotation.

Michelle: That's scary re the tornado. Sorry to hear about the Town of Waverly. Sad. I know your disappointed in the canceling of the class but its better to be safe than sorry. The other night we had torrential rains & wind it was awful. It knocked out the electricity to 43,000 people on Long Island & there was extensive damage to one town in particular Huntington. Thank goodness my house wasn't affected. I should email Autumn & ask her re those pull-ups. Pull-ups & chin-ups are in every single one of these workouts. Thx for the suggestion.

Waves to Cindy & Janie!
Kathy

OH OH... Time got away from me yet again. Today's exercise was; To The Mat: Legs& Glutes.

Read everyone's posts, you all seem to be doing well.

Take care,

Jaine

XTRAIN cardio leg blast timesaver first 6 blast and weight routines plus core 2. My abs were really feeling the core work. Plus about 4 miles of walking with Toby today. It's no wonder I'm ready to go to sleep by 9 pm each night. Fortunately, so is Toby. No reason for class not to happen tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it. I do enjoy the training classes with Toby.

Janie: Nice job on To the Mat. Happy to have you pop in to post.

Kathy: sounds like ya'll got some of the weather that we had on Wednesday. Congratulations on finishing Master's Hammer and Chisel. I'm looking forward to hearing about your next rotation. I've found a new program for learning to do pullups developed by one of the female Marines that I know. I think I might give it a try. She says that she has not met a person, male or female, who she has not been able to teach/train to do pullups. I just need to dedicate myself to doing it.

Waves to Cindy.

Michelle

Toby and I had a good training class this morning. And we've had some good practice sessions at home. Pup is resting right now until I get off the computer. Did XTRAIN bis and tris burn sets this afternoon. It is otherwise a quiet Saturday. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Michelle

Hello to all,

I have not been here for a while, and I feel out of shape. Today I did my upper body; I don't want to get that old lady wattle under my triceps. I am going to try some kickboxing tomorrow. I hope all are doing well

Today is a rest and baking sourdough bread day. Also our little jamming sessions are turning into practice sessions. Yep, we'll perform this Summer at the Woodfest at the Tokeland Hotel. Yikes! I'm so excited about this! We are getting our songs and playing guitar very tight and it is sounding really good.

Michelle and Kathy Sis, you are so faithful. I so appreciate it. I'll get there again soon.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I decided to do a Supreme 90 Day rotation for 2 weeks. I tend to get bored by the 3rd week. Saturday it was S90D Chest/Back. I do remember this one where everyone is going at warp speed. I had to keep pausing the dvd to workout at a safe pace using heavy dbs. This is a superset method which is my favorite way to strength train. I had major DOMS afterwards. Sunday was Ultimate Ball & Tom Holland hits your abs at every angle. Tonight's Tobata but if I remember correctly I didn't care for the music. Music is everything to me in a workout. Instead will do Cathe's Tobatacize 1-3.

Janie Sis: I know your excited to be performing for the 1st time. Congrats! My DH is performing on 3/19th at a new bar & grill. He's been practicing his play list of 36 songs. Good job on doing TTM & for keeping up your exercising despite all the wonderful activities you have going on.

Michelle: Glad you enjoyed Toby's training class. Good job on Xtrain's burn sets. Those aren't easy. You must have had some major DOMS too. I would love to know how to complete even ONE pullup or chinup. Good luck on achieving it. Tell Toby good job on his training!

Waves to busy Cindy.
Have a good day everyone,
Kathy

Last night was Cathe's Xtrain Tabatacize 1-2 + Core #2. The ab exercises were downright easy breezed through them. I'll have to keep doing the Hammer & Chisel abs as their harder than anything else I have in my collection. Nothing wrong w/having strong abs. Tonight will be Supreme 90 Day Shoulders & Arms. This one if I remember correctly is much better & goes much smoother than chest/back.

What's everybody up to today? I'm feeling lonely again. LOL

Take care,
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.