Getting Our Licks In!

Today was disc 3 legs. No walking on the beach today, it was raining. LOL

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's Cardio Blast workout 1. Isn't it nice to feel strong after a sweaty workout. Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

Hi everyone. Second day of 21-day fit. I'm liking these workouts. 30-intense minutes. Yesterday was total cardio fit and today was upper fit. I use the weights that I think will give me a good workout on the upper fit: 15, 12, 8, and 5 depending on the exercise. Really like the ab work that Autumn includes in these workouts.

Kathy: thanks for introducing me to 21-day fit. I'm liking it so far, only two days in. It is fun to be doing something new. Will preview the lower fit workout later on today.

Janie: You are already through your first week of STS. Before you know it, you'll be through meso 1. Sister is on her active recovery week after finishing meso 2.

Laura: good for you registering for the Daytona roadtrip. I gave that one some thought but both breeders I have been talking to will have fall puppies (ready to go to their homes Sept/October) so going to Daytona in October would not be good timing, plus sister and I have the Glassboro roadtrip in July.

It is just getting more and more windy here. Definitely not a day to be out on the Chesapeake Bay. Our boat is not in the water yet. DH needs to call this week to get an update on where the yard is with the work that needs to be done. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Michelle

5-5-14

Had some pretty good workouts over the weekend. Saturday was Met-RX 180 (Frank Sepe) Definition #1 (shoulders/triceps/abs). This is where he does a superset into a triple set. Not easy but before I knew it the workout was over. Frank does talk quite a bit & sometimes I'm saying to him "come on, come on already get to it." LOL Sunday was KCM's Cardio Blast workout #2 Plyometrics. I liked this one, however, next time I plan on doing the premix which has you doing all 5 step combos but putting a plyo move in between each combo. Tonight's Met-RX 180 Legs, glutes & hamstrings. Can I say ouch ahead of time! :)

Michelle: I'm so happy that your enjoying 21 Day Fix workouts. Autumn's very likeable. I hope she'll make more. The only one that I didn't like was Cardio Fix. Let me know what you think of that one. We had gorgeous weather over the weekend but yesterday was strange. A lot of wind & it got dark & then a short shower. Back to sunshine. Hopefully we'll stay in the upper 60's into 70 this week.

Janie sis: Good job on STS. It goes by fast. You'll be flying by fast w/the weeks.

Take care,
Kathy

PS: Next week I'll be missing as DH & I are going to Atlantic City for a few days of spa treatments, good food & drinks & a show. I'll be back on May 15th.

Happy Monday everyone. This morning was 21 Day fit lower fit. I think I can probably kick up my weights a little on some of the exercise but for the most part my legs are feeling well worked. These are only 30 minute workouts but they pack a punch. Autumn reminds me of one of my former work colleagues: the way she talks, her personality and mannerisms. Fortunately, this colleague was someone I liked (LOL!) which bodes well for the "interpersonal" aspect of these workouts.

Kathy: ah, there is always one workout that just doesn't quite measure up, isn't there. Haven't gotten to cardio fix yet but I'll let you know what I think of it when I do. We had the same kind of weather yesterday but no shower. Might get a little rain today which would be okay with me. I'd rather it rain during the workweek than on the weekends. And I need to change my calendar to the month of May in my office, I'm still looking at April.

Hi to everyone else: Janie, Laura, and sister.
Michelle

Disc 1 STS chest, shoulders and biceps.

Love it when I have all the discs and equipment to make my workouts feel good.

Michelle, I'm doing the first week of STS over again, just wasn't wtih it or something. It was better today. Say hi to Renee for me. Great job on 2nd day of 21 day fit. and doing upper fit and yesterday cardio fit. Yahoo! I like the weight you used.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Sat. Met RX 180 #1 shoulders, triceps and abs. Sounds like a fantastic workout. And for doing Sun. KCM's Cardio Blast #2. Prem. sounds awesome as well. Enjoy Atlantic City for spa treatments, food and drinks and show. Sounds so lovely and fun.

Michelle, Great job on todays 21 day Fit lower fit. Sounds like you are growing if you want to up the weight. Good for you! Autum sounds like a good coach.

Take care everyone,

Janie

5-6-14

Last night was Met-RX 180 Legs, glutes & hamstrings. Let me just say that nobody works the legs better than Cathe & Tom Holland in Supreme 90 Day. This workout was just okay. Tonight's 21DF Pilates.

Michelle: I feel the same way you do w/21DF Legs. I just felt that it needed more leg work even w/increasing the weight. We're spoiled by Cathe aren't we? I'm glad you like Autumn's personality as much as I do.

Janie Sis: Great job on STS Disc #1. I can't wait to go away on my vacation. They'll probably kill me though at work on Friday. Why is it that bosses feel as if you'll never return? I wish. LOL

Have a good day everyone.
Kathy

It's been awhile since I've checked in but this week seems back to normal and not quite as chaotic so I have time again :) Last week was rough with exercise but I did get a few good workouts in and I plan to hit it hard this week and clean up my eating. I am happy to burn the calories but I'm also happy to ingest them so that's what I need to work on. I will fit into my capris this summer and I will feel great about myself when I hit 35 at the end of June, now is the time to whip it into shape. Kick Max on Sunday, Tabatacise 1-3 + core last night and tonight will be P90X3 The Challenge.

Laura - A big congrats on the divorce being final and I'm so excited for you going to Daytona! I'm really jealous :) I'm right there with you on needing to get the weight back down to where it belongs so you are not alone on this and we will both be victorious!

Michelle - It's amazing how great of a workout you can get in 30 min, I love those short and sweet workouts.

Janie - Great work on STS and I hope the rain lets you get some beach walking time :)

Kathy - I think Cathe's constant flow in her DVD's makes it hard to tolerate talkers - I hate feeling like I'm standing around waiting for them to stop talking so we can start working. Enjoy your spa vacation!

Cindy

Rolly and I walked the beach over an hour today. Such beautiful weather! Gave a little serenade at the Art Assoc. group today. Was rough around the edges, but I did play them "Pipeline". It was exciting!

Kathy Sis, Great job on Met-RX 180 legs, glutes and hamstrings. Awe, you must be invaluable to them. Do have the most wonderful time on your vacation!

Cindy, So glad you are back, I always miss you when you are away. Love your plan on hitting the workouts hard this week. I'm doing the same thing too. Yep, eating is so much apart of being healthy. It's hard! Seems you are determined to fit into those capris this Summer. Good for you! Great job on Kick Max on Sun and Tabatacise 1-3 (wow!) yesterday evening. Good plan for tonight.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Been a crazy few days! But I have gotten in some workouts

Hardcore series is hardcore! I had forgotten how tough these workouts really are! I think they are some of the hardest.

I did Gym Style Chest and Shoulder and did all the drop set from my toes! My abs were so sore the next day! Actually for several days afterward!

I also did my first go at the High Step Challenge! JEEZ! That was a challenge

And today I did my fist go at the Hardcore Extreme DVD I did the Interval blast and leg conditioning that was basically almost all of Imax3 + the Blast from KB and leg conditioning. I felt much better today and was really able to push through the blast with a lot more height and energy than when I did Imax3 and KB by themselves so I am feeling good!

Still struggling with the nutrition aspect. My main pit fall is that I am so busy and I tend not to eat and then I am starving and grab something on the run! This weekend I am going to plan, prepare and prep!!

Sounds like everyone is getting their licks IN!!

5-7-14

Last night was 21DF Pilates. I just love this one. Tonight will be Met-RX 180 chest/biceps/abs. I hope Frank Sepe doesn't chat too much but I'm not counting on it.

Janie Sis: Glad you got a beach walk in w/Rolly + pushing it hard w/STS. I'm sure you sounded beautiful playing Pipeline for everyone. Weren't you nervous? I want my DH to learn some of the songs from Avici. I think him & the drummer would sound so cool. Give Rolly a pat on the head & hug from me. :)

Laura: Good grief your plowing through so many extreme workouts lately. Its a wonder you don't need a nap or two afterwards! LOL I never touch that Hardcore Extreme one. I might faint. Your not alone on the nutritional part. This week so far its been treats every day at work. Between brownies, cupcakes, cheese danishes oh my! I need to hit those Extreme workouts & soon! All we can do is push forward & do our best the next day.

Cindy: Good to hear from you. Your another one that's pushing it really hard. Good grief! With workouts like those you'll be fitting into your capris in no time. How are the kids doing? Will they be finished w/school pretty soon?

Waves to Renee (where the heck are you?) & Michelle!
Kathy

Every time I try to post, it gets lost in the nether world. Every frustrating.

12 days of school left. The days are flying by, I'm in my recovery week between meso 2 and 3. I miss lifting weights! Just a few more days and I'll be back at it.

Will be back, but I gotta go workout. Hope this short post doesn't get lost.

Renee

GymStyle Back, Bi's and shoulders!

I was dragging a little today. I skipped breakfast and ended up starving and then a big lunch that left me tired! Gotta plan,plan, plan!!!:eek:

Hi Renee! Are you on Meso Cycle 2? Is it nice to be back with Kathe after Tony? Summer's around the corner!!

Kathy: I am glad you like the pilates! It is really profound work! I had some good sessions with clients this morning! I am getting more aware of my diet at least! I guess that is the first step! Walk away from those brownies!!!:eek:

Yesterday was 21 day fit Pilates and today was 21 day fit Cardio Fit. I really enjoyed the Pilates--lots of good core/ab work. 21 day fit was kind of like cathe's HIIT 40/20 except you are doing 60/20. I'm enjoying these workouts. Nice change of pace, but I'm wondering how much longer I'll be able to go without doing a Cathe workout.

It's been a very busy work week and it is only Wednesday. Geez. Tomorrow and Friday, I am taking some leave. Will be going to visit my parents and sister for mother's day and my dad's birthday.

Laura: love those GS workouts. I might have to throw in a couple of GS upper body workouts or slow and heavy to kick up the weight work with the 21 day fit. After STS, I'm kind of missing the heavier weight work. Hope you are able to get your eating schedule back to a more even pace. Going without and then overdoing obviously isn't working for you. Maybe try packing some snacks with fresh fruit and veggies and cheese and nuts to help stave off going too long without. Your a mom--you do this for your girls all the time; you just have to remember to do it for yourself.

Kathy: so you mentioned that Cardio Fix isn't your favorite. Any reason why? I thought it was okay. I was sweating as much as after a Cathe HIIT workout.

Janie: Nothing wrong with starting STS anew.

Cindy: ugh--I knew someone was missing but my brain wasn't registering who. Glad you got to pop back in. Kicking yourself into high gear with Kickmax and Tabatacise--way to go!

Hi to sister--see you tomorrow.
Michelle

Yesterday had to go back to Shelton for teeth cleaning. I most certainly need to go every 4 months. Plague builds up on my teeth so readily. Can't figure that out. Anyhoo, did some shopping and looked for things around the house to take back with me to the Beach House. Before I knew it, I had a full car load. Jeesh! Later When I returned to the BH, did the mountain climber for 30 min. for my cardio.

Laura, Great job on Gym Style Chest & Shoulders. Good going on the drop sets from your toes! WooHOO! Yes and the High Step Challenge. It's a duzy. Also for doing Interval Blast and Leg Conditioning plus the Blast from KB and leg conditioning. WOW you getting so much stronger. Yea! Be proud. Love your prep work this weekend for wanting better nutrition. You deserve it, you do. It will get better physically and mentally, hugs to you.

Kathy Sis, Great job on 21DF Pilates. I wasn't nervous playing, because I wanted to show them from the last time I was there (from someone giving me tips) on how much I've grown. It was really cool. Self teaching takes soooooo long though.

Renee, Aw, wonder why your posts get lost? It happens every now for me, but not for a long time. (hugs) What? Only 12 more days of school? That's insane, seems like it just started. Wow, time is flying by for me for sure! Enjoy your recovery week.

Laura, Great job on GS Back, bi's and shoulders. Awesome!

I really enjoyed the Pilates--lots of good core/ab work. 21 day fit was kind of like cathe's HIIT 40/20 except you are doing 60/20. I'm enjoying these workouts. Nice change of pace, but I'm wondering how much longer I'll be able to go without doing a Cathe workout.

It's been a very busy work week and it is only Wednesday. Geez. Tomorrow and Friday, I am taking some leave. Will be going to visit my parents and sister for mother's day and my dad's birthday.

Michelle, Great job on 21 day fit Pilates and today's 21 day fit Cardio Fit. Enjoy your leave with family. And your Dad's birthday. How old will he be?

Take care everyone,

Janie

5-8-14

Last night was Met-RX 180 (chest/biceps) & then did 21DF 10 min. ab fix. Met-RX Definition phase moves along quickly but not Frank's chatter. Argh! Felt great doing supersets then right into trisets. I just wish my left shoulder would get better. Tonight will be Les Mills 45 Kata. Haven't done this workout in quite a while.

Michelle: I'll have to do Cardio Fix again to give you a reason why it didn't click w/me. I only did it one time so can't remember why I didn't care for it. I'm glad though that you happen to like these. I feel the same as you w/trying to stick to someone else's rotation when its not Cathe. I tend to get bored & want to always change things up but always go back to Cathe. Enjoy your mother's day & your dad's birthday.

Renee: Finally you got your post on here. Wonder what's going on? Enjoy your mother's day & your dad's birthday.

Laura: I love doing pilates on the reformer. I just wish I could afford the classes. Their very expensive. I also have a pilates workout from Kathy Smith & from Shape magazine which was a gift. I really liked the Shape workout. I do most of my meal planning on Sunday. I eat 5 small meals a day. This week for instance I made a burrito bowl for Meal #3 which is lunch. It contains brown rice, red pepper, avocado, salsa, chicken & a little bit of shredded cheese. Yummy & filling. One breakfast that I like & eat often is 1 waffle w/Greek yogurt topped w/blueberries & a little bit of sugar free syrup. Just some suggestions. You also got great suggestions from Michelle on snacks. Great job on GS workouts. Your on a roll w/hard workouts aren't you?

Janie Sis: Good job on your mountain climber. I wish that's all I need done to my teeth is a cleaning. I'm still looking at 4 crowns. I already had 2 done + a porcelain filling. Ugh! Pretty soon you'll be spending most of your time at the beach house won't you? Did you make sure you gave Rolly a pat on the head from me? LOL Just kidding.

Take care,
Kathy

Tonight was STS disc 2, triceps and back and 30 min. on the mountain climber again. Rained hard all day long.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Met RX 180 chest and biceps and for 21DF 10 min. ab fix. Take care of your shoulder.

I did pat Rolly on the head for you. He says I wuv You and wagged his tail. LOL

Take care,

Janie

I can't believe it's Friday, this week zoomed by! I have gotten Hiit 30/30 and Athletic Training Leg Express in this week. Tonight I have a Pilates Equipment class and if I have time plan to also do a quick X10 workout. I have a busy weekend planned with buying and planting annuals, tilling my garden, haircuts for the boys, a BBQ with friends on Saturday, and Turbobarre planned in there somewhere. Fingers crossed the weather is decent this weekend.

Renee- 12 days will go quickly! My kids are in through the first week of June but I'm ready for summer break :) Sorry the posts keep getting lost, that's always so frustrating.

Laura - I have a tendency to forget about feeding myself, I'm great at packing lunch for everyone else though.

Janie - We've been getting a lot of rain also, I want some sunshine! Mountain climbers are hard - great job!

Kathy - Thanks for asking about the kids. They're doing well, Lily wrapped up her cheer competitions 2 weeks ago but will still do practice throughout the summer. Brodie has 2 more weeks of baseball and then will be done and Lucas is finally starting to make some big progress with talking, it's really fun. They have school through the first week of June and I'm ready for the slower paced summer time schedule. Great job hitting those workouts hard!

Cindy

Sister is in town! Took today (Friday) off. No big plans, just hanging out. Which is enjoyable since we are not together very often. Michelle and I used to live in the same town in northern Virginia. At first we did a lot together but drifted apart as our lives took different directions. But we are as close as ever. Its nice having a sister who you can call your best friend too. I thank god every day that we have managed to stay close over some crazy years. Too bad we are not that close to the other sister, but it is what it is...family dynamics can be so weird.

I start Meso 3 tomorrow. I have decided on Pylo Legs. I'm viewing this as a victory over 3 years of recovery from ACL/MCL repair. When school is out I will be checking out 3 gyms to see if any of them are a fit for me. I really want to get into body building. Time will tell.

Looks like I'm grilling out at my house tonight. Chicken and pork...yummy.

Keep getting your licks in! Have a great weekend!

~Renee

It was beautiful today sunny and in the low 50's. Hard gardening, STS disc 3, legs and walking the beach with Rolly for 30 min. I think I over did it because I'm getting DOM's already! LOL

Cindy, Great job on Hiit 30/30 and Athletic Training Leg Express. Sound like you will be acomplishing a lot this weekend. Enjoy planting and spending time with friends and family.

Renee, Aw, it's always fun to be with your sister. Especially the one that you connect with. I've come from a large family and have now 3 brothers and 4 sisters. There is a favorite sister and there is one that is SO different from me. It's hard to...well stay connected at times, I now what you mean. The others are there too just in a different ways. Hard to explain. Brothers, that's a different story all together for me. Have fun with Meso 3 tomorrow and congratulations for doing hard work to get there. It truly is a victory! Love your plans about body building. You can do it.

Take care everyone,

Janie

The weekend was wonderful...mostly. Had some stressful moments, with family dynamics, but all in all I think sisters visit was great. I wish we could have worked out together, but I'm doing STS and she is doing 21 Day Fix. Ususally we workout together so, maybe next time.

I had to buy 35 bound dumbbells for chest flys and one arm rows. I think I could use them in plie squats too. Perhaps I'll be able to do curls with them when and if I start body building. I'm just tickled I use 20 pounds for curls. Will work my way up with pace weights. I love lifting weights.

STS is by far my favorite Cathe series. I like meso 2 and 3 the best. The endurance phase is too fast. I like the rest periods in the other two mesocycles so you can power up some serious pounds!! Feeling the DOMS! Love it.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
ttfn

RENEE

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.