George Clooney at the Academy Awards

lina9496

Cathlete
From the beginning of the show, George Clooney looked ticked off whenever a camera showed him on film. Then Steve Martin and Baldwin addressed it on stage in their act. Does anyone know what was up with that? Or did I miss something?

Last edited:
He was a huge baby. My husband said that GC is known for not liking being picked on during awards shows and has mentioned it in interviews before (or something like that). Hence the deliberate pointing him out like "Oh look, it's George Clooney"...they were just messing with him. Notice they didn't really follow up with anything...they just pointed him out and looked at him to get under his skin. I thought it was really funny!!

Clarissa :D

I noticed that, too!

I only watched a little bit of the Academy Awards, but noticed that George was making some weird faces every time he was on camera!

George: You're at the Academy Awards. You're going to [gasp!] be on camera. Get over it!

(You'd think these Hollywood types wouldn't be able to get enough attention!)

I watched all of the Academy's last night and I had to laugh at GC. He did look pissed the entire time he was there, except at the end where he was being talked about before the award for best actor. I LMAO at him at the beginning of the show.

And just for the record, I loved Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. I was LMAO at them.

The only thing that really bothered me about George was his hair! OMG, his hair!!! :eek:He needed a haircut! I can't believe one of the reporters said the long hair made him look younger? :confused:

I have always like George Clooney and quite honestly, to use an old quote, "He could eat crackers in my bed anytime." But his attitude was just weird. To hear that he doesn't like to be the butt of jokes, well, get over GC - that's part of the "job."

Now Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin just mentioning his name and nothing else makes sense. I'm glad they did it! Why does GC think he gets special privleges!!

Hey Debbie - did you see "It's Complicated?" I wanted to but never got a chance. I heard they (Steve and Alec) were great in it.

Considering the fact that GC is a notorious prankster you'd think he could handle being the butt of a joke. Maybe that was the joke, GC was pretending to be annoyed - and the joke is on us!

My DH was an extra (for just one day) in Three Kings with GC, Mark Walberg, and Ice T. He said MW and IT were kind of jerks but GC was really nice. The day they were filming there was a huge sand storm. The director kept trying to get a shot that involved a lot of extras. Everyone was getting sand in their eyes and was basically miserable. GC started pestering the director on behalf of the extras until he (the director) decided to call it a day.

In Georgie boy's defense, they said he was a real sweetheart on the red carpet and actually stepped off several times to sign autographs and take pictures with the fans. Doesn't sound too much like a diva. ;)

I wanted to see it when it was out in theaters but couldn't get anyone to go with me.

Jonzie - I checked out your link and the read the same thing on a few other sites that it was all part of a joke. Whew - I feel better! He was always supposed to be the Hollywood nice guy and I guess he still is!

Jonzie - I checked out your link and the read the same thing on a few other sites that it was all part of a joke. Whew - I feel better! He was always supposed to be the Hollywood nice guy and I guess he still is!

And even with the mullet, he's not hard on the eyes, either!

[sigh]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.