Garden of Life Super Seed

trixie108

Cathlete
So a new medication I've been taking has been making me, ahem, backed up a bit:eek: So I read a bunch of reviews online about fiber products and finally decided on this Garden of Life Super Seed. I tried it yesterday mixed in with some OJ, and well, it didn't mix:eek: It just sort of created this sludge at the bottom of my cup. I tried it this morning in my cereal (but only a tiny bit), and that seemed okay, but I was really hoping to just drink a glass of juice and be done with it.

Any suggestions on how to get this stuff to mix? The directions say to mix with any food or beverage. Maybe I need to shake it? Help!

Hmm, well I've never heard of that...BUT!...

When I had surgery to get my tonsils removed I couldn't eat hardly ANYTHING for 10 days, so I was VERY STOPPED UP myself....

eventually it got very uncomfortable down there for me and I was quite desperate to aleviate the "gotta go, but can't go" feeling....ya know what worked for me??

Drinking two big spoonfulls of MINERAL OIL!!!

I kid you not...you take it at night and in the morning...things can move OH SO MUCH BETTER!!!

It worked for me, so if you try it, I hope it works for you hun!!!

OMG Alana, mineral oil??? That sound totally disgusting, but I was reading reviews online and it seems to be a pretty common treatment!! Did you mix it with anything or just take the oil straight? Any special brand? Can you tell I'm desperate, LOL?!?

Hi Nicole, . my husband is genetically predisposed to always being backed up. Colase (sp?) is an over the counter stool softner that has worked. Another thing that has worked is prune juice, prunes, or coconut water.

Hi Trixie108! I use Super Seed myself and I use a little portable hand mixer by "Fit & Fresh" called "Portable Drink Mixer" (www.fit-fresh.com). This works great to mix it into my greens drink. The way I do it is that I put my greens powder plus Super Seed in my glass first then add about a 1/4 glass of water first and mix with the hand mixer then I add the full glass of water and continue mixing. Then drink up. If I don't drink it up right away some of it may settle a bit and I just use a spoon to remix it and it's totally fine. The hand mixer REALLY makes a big difference! Also as Fit-Mommy said mixing it in a smoothie or pre-post shake is also what's done. Enjoy!! And I hope it works for you. Even if it doesn't it's really healthy for you!!:D

Ooh great ideas!! I tried it with my shaker cup last night, and it helped a little, but it was still pretty gross :( I'm going to try some of these suggestions, and that hand mixer is too cute! And inexpensive :)

I use the Trader Joe's Psyllium. 1/2 tsp. in a glass of water or juice for two days then one day off. Its not something that will work right away, it takes a couple of days. Also, magnesium supplements help with the constipation. I haven't tried mineral oil. Fish oil everyday helps. I also take marshmallow root, 2 twice a day with meals. That helps to coat the bowel, some people tolerate it (me) and some do not (my Mom.) Triphala is what I take after a nasty bout of IBS/gastroenteritis. I take that two in the morning and two before bed for 3 weeks. It helps with the repair of the villi (little hairs inside the GI tract). Happy villi means food moves through.:D

what about cereal

u could try fiber one cereal, the original has the most fiber. u can mix it with your reg cereal, its very plain. or with yogurt. only need a small amount. remember to drink lots of water to help process the fiber and exercise too. jumping always moves things along too. if u're taking iron vitamins that can really um plug things up too. so avoid those later on or have with lots fiber.

I have a lifetime of constipation problems, and I finally found THE ONLY THING that works for me. Magnesium. I had a doctor recommend Natural Calm Magnesium to me in March, and I am finally problem free. He told me that it is safe and that you can't really take too much of it. Even if that's not 100% true, it's worth it to me to alleviate my problems. So even though the instructions on the bottle say to take a certain amount, he said to start with that amount and slowly increase until I was "well." If you end up with the opposite problem, you've taken too much. I've also used Ionic Fizz and I think I like it better. It has several other minerals and vitamins in it, so you should make sure you're not overdoing anything - especially if you end up having to take a hefty amount.

I take fiber, as well, for the bulk. I take and love Dr. Natura's Colonix, but it's not cheap.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.