Funny Gliding Disc Workout

My question would be, did the mother of 4 get the idea after seeing Cathe doing this even when she was using paper plates?

My question would be, did the mother of 4 get the idea after seeing Cathe doing this even when she was using paper plates?

I cannot answer that, but I got the impression Mindy has been working on them for a long time. But, all instructors take ideas from each other. I don't think Cathe invented step aerobics, it's often said that Gin Miller did, but Cathe has put her on unique spin on it and makes some of the most fun workouts out there. She also did not invent kickboxing, but she does a lovely job. :) I don't think it takes away from anyone's talents if they take an idea and then put their own spin or innovation or improvement on it.

I cannot answer that, but I got the impression Mindy has been working on them for a long time. But, all instructors take ideas from each other. I don't think Cathe invented step aerobics, it's often said that Gin Miller did, but Cathe has put her on unique spin on it and makes some of the most fun workouts out there. She also did not invent kickboxing, but she does a lovely job. :) I don't think it takes away from anyone's talents if they take an idea and then put their own spin or innovation or improvement on it.

I can recall Mindy's glide workout. Actually I still have her DVDS and the set of discs which I actually use whenever I need a disc. I also own cathe's which was provided free of charge as part of LIS package.

That being said I agree that cathe's slide and glide contains cathe's own know-how. Everytime i want a slide worktout, I can openly state I do not reach for mindy's. Actually It must be somewhere in storage ready to be sold on ebay or Boot sale.

I think Cathe do come up with her own idea. I have not come across, so far, a professional designing a pure lifting program implementing one rep max which is known by all professionals. She did not discover one rep max but she is the first one to implement the concept in a lifting program.

Hmmm sneaking in boxing tabata drill in a middle of an intense cardio, has anyone done it a part from cathe? Honest question :-/ ;-)

I've been looking for some new workouts to use with my Cathe gliding discs and found this clip, very funny!

Funny! And watching definitely boosted my self-esteem on my abilities with the Slide & Glide discs. I weeble, wobble, and fall on occasion (especially during early morning workouts), but I am definitely better than these guys! ;)

I make sure to keep the pledge handy because it's easier when the disks are slippery! Plus the lemon scent invigorates me. haha!

I never thought I'd enjoy using the disks, but I'm a convert. Wouldn't it be great if they offered them in different colors?

I never thought I'd enjoy using the disks, but I'm a convert. Wouldn't it be great if they offered them in different colors?

Oh, my! I have enough trouble coordinating sneakers with shirts. Now you want to throw disks into the mix? :eek:
I'm just glad no one can see what I wear when I work out. I am definitely on the low end of fashionista.

I caught my DH using my discs one day...he actually was doing some pretty good cross-country ski moves until I started to laugh and startled him :eek:! That disc shot out and flew across the room behind him so fast :eek:!

(Swimmer, I actually wash my discs often and use furniture polish on them afterward too...boy do they get slippery after that :p!)

I caught my DH using my discs one day...he actually was doing some pretty good cross-country ski moves until I started to laugh and startled him :eek:! That disc shot out and flew across the room behind him so fast :eek:!

(Swimmer, I actually wash my discs often and use furniture polish on them afterward too...boy do they get slippery after that :p!)

Lol! That is too funny about your husband.

Good call on washing the discs and using furniture polish on them. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.