For all you kick box lovers

D

debra123

Cathe being number one in my book. In THIS ORDER FOR CATHE, MY FAVS ARE CARDIO KICKS, KP&C, AND KICK BOX.

Do any of you like any other instructors for a nice change?. I was thinking about Janis Saffell to try just one. I would love to hear your suggestions, thanks in advance. I like Billy Blanks too. I really want the advanced ones, I just don't think any one can out do cathe. Thanks in advance.

Good Night and have a great evening.

Debbie

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HI Debbie,
I have had several of janis saffells kickboxing tapes, I have sold them all except KICK-IT INTERVAL RINGSIDE. It has 2 workouts one kickbox on the floor and one kickbox on the step. Its not as hard as Cathe but its a nice change when you need one and I think its considered advanced, but you might want to check collage video to be sure and you could get a preview too, if they still carry it. It's 60 minutes long each section is 25 minutes plus your warm up and tai chi cool down for total of 60 minutes. I personally didn't like either one of her cia kickbox videos they were too slow for me and I didn't feel like I got a good enough workout and so too ebay they went.

Thanks Misty, I appreciate your honest reply, I think I will check out other instructoes, and stick with the 3 cathe I have and love.

Well have a wonderful day. I am off to do leaner legs and something to add to it which I will think about while I am in torture doing that leg work out, LOL. Someone recommended Janis Saffell kickbox circuit, but I don't want anything with weights, just a lot of kicking and punching, well at least I have 3 Cathe, that I love an can alternate and the advanced Billy Blanks.

Have a great day.

Debbie:) :D

Hi Debbie!

I'm new to Cathe, but have done several of the Billy Blanks Advanced tapes and just tried one of Janis Saffell's most popular (CIA 9809 - Cardio Kickbox Express). ALthough this is also considered 'advanced' I did not feel my heart rate climb to nearly the same extent as in Taebo advanced. I'll be selling this one soon. The Taebo Advanced workout that came out with the original series (blue cover) is good and pretty fun, I think (if you have back problems, may want to reconsider this). The Taebo ripped series is difficult and maybe a little less fun, but effective... Have fun!

Debbie,

Janis Saffel is good but definitely not as hard a Cathe. The Powerstrike videos are very good. There are three, I have Powerstrike 1 and really like it.

Thanks Candi, which websight did you get the power strike videos from?. I usually buy from collage video. I will look in to those.

future fitness dynamo(I LOVE YOUR NAME)
I have the advanced get ripped and the advanced one in the blue box, both very good in my opinion. I was looking on ebay today trying to find one of his older ones it is in a yellow cover with two eyeballs on it, LOL, someone recommended that one, but I couldn't find it, I am not sure what the name of it is?, any idea?.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Debbie

Well I need to get ready for work, thank you everyone.

Debbie:) :) :) :D

Thanks Gayle, where can I view it at?. Are there more than one to choose from?. Thank you very much. Well off to hit the shower. I will check back later. Thank you.

Have a blessed Day

Debbie

Hi Debbie! I LOVE Janis Saffell simply because her choreography is unique. She's more intermediate, however. You'll feel energized not knocked out! Ha! Also I do Terri Reeves her Kickbox & Bootcamp tape. She's awesome too. I've also tried Debbie Burns but she's more centered on boxing instead of kickboxing. HTH, Kathy:D

Powerstrike has a web site http://www.powerstrike.com. I think I got my copy from http://www.homeworkout.com.

There's Powerstrike Millenium Series 1, 2, and 3. I have volume 1 and find it to be quite intense, on par with (and maybe a little more than) KPC. I've heard that volume 2 is similar in that respect (I plan to buy that one sometime in the not-too-distant future). I've heard that volume 3 is much less intense and easier than 1 and 2.

There have been a couple of threads in the Video/DVD forum discussing these. Here are a few links:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=25740&mesg_id=25740&listing_type=search

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=21270&mesg_id=21270&listing_type=search

HTH :)

Hi Debbie,

I really like Janis Saffel too. My favorite is her Hardcore Kickbox Circuit. I also have Power Strike 3. You can make these as intense as a Cathe workout by adding weighted gloves. I added 1 lb weighted gloves and it made it very intense for me.

Have fun!!

:)

I have all of the Powerstrike workouts and I have never thought that Mil. #3 was easy. What makes it "seem" easier is that you are NOT working one side of your body first and then working the other side. You work your body evenly throughout the workout. I like this format much more. My arms are always totally exhausted after the other Mil. workouts.

I did Tae Bo for a while. Less intensity, less impact. Eventually I decided to sell my 2004 series on E-bay to get the Powerstrike series. I just got them and am still about to try them. From the reviews I've been reading, I won't regret these or trade these for something else.

I did keep my Billy Blanks Get Ripped DVD for abs and butt since those work out my legs in a way that Cathe's workouts can't. Blanks has you kicking for a while then holding your leg in the air, which works your balance and strength. I don't do it that much since I'm more comfortable with Cathe's teaching style than anyone's, really, although if I have to break away from Cathe's workouts for a while (and there are periods when I have), I use this workout.

Janis Saffell has been recommended to me many times. There's this new workout of hers that I'm interested in. I forget the title now. It's a new one and she's co-teaching it with a guy.

Pinky

Pinky...

>Janis Saffell has been recommended to me many times. There's
>this new workout of hers that I'm interested in. I forget the
>title now. It's a new one and she's co-teaching it with a
>guy.
>
>Pinky

Hi Pinky,

The name of the workout is Hardcore Kickbox Circuit and they sell it at collage. That guy she co-teaches it with is her hubby.

:)

RE: Pinky...

I have Hardcore Kickbox Circuit. No where near Cathe's intenstity except for the last routine which is taught by her husband.

If someone wants to purchase it from me, I'd be willing to sell it!

Dani,

Hey, I love Hardcore Circuits - it is very interesting to find out that Guilmero (sp) is her husband! It gives me a new outlook on the workout! I also like her Strikezone workout.

I do all of my kickbox tapes with 2# hand weights, even Cathe's - without weights I do not feel like I am getting as good of a workout. i have used handweights for 5 years now and have had no problems or injuries.

Cheryl

Sorry, she's just a little too prissy for me. I hardly feel like I'm working hard at all till that last combination.

Hey, if all the combinations were as tough as the last one, I would love this workout too.

Anyone want to buy it:7

Hi Cheryl. Yes, I think that's really cute too. I heard about it a while ago over at videofitness. Wow! 2# handweights with Cathe's? She's intense enough for me without them, but I do like doing Powerstrike and Janis with 1 lbers. :)

Thanks everyone I appreciate all the feedback.

Pinky when you do your power strike let me know how you like it PLEASE!!:)

I WILL CHECK OUT THAT WEBSIGHT TONIGHT, THANKS EVERYONE:) :)

DEBBIE

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.