Floor Imax?

Hi Cassie--I have bad knees as well and do all of Cathes step workouts on the floor and modify any moves like pivots that put pressure on my knees. Also did you look @ some of Cathe's older workouts like MIC and SJP--there are floor sections within those too you might like. I figure even if I can't do Cathes workouts exactly to a T--am still moving around and getting a fun workout! :)

I really hope Cathe's people are paying attention to all this. She's known for doing tough cardio and her tough cardio fans love her for it and don't want her easing up one bit. But nearly all of us are dealing with physical limitations (mostly knees, ankles, and back... I've noticed) at least one day per week. I've often felt Cathe could create cardio workouts that essentially address two separate audiences: 1) The hardcore life-long Catheites who want Cathe to continue making the toughest cardio workouts on the market and 2) The ever-growing crowds who want the most challenging cardio workout possible, without doing further damage to their joints. All her cardio routines could be dual-releases, with 2 new workouts, each catering to those two specific groups, so everyone gets what they want from the only person who isn't going to give modifiers a stupid twinkie workout a four-year old could do. Or, better, she could put two workouts on each cardio release so you could choose. That way, you could usually do the all-out workout unless you're knees are aching a bit, in which case you could do the other. Laugh if you will, but none of us are getting any younger, nearly everyone has some kind of issue or will, at some point. I'm telling you, it's a growth industry and nobody else is thinking about this. Like I said, our knees may be a bit swollen but our hearts can take it and we don't need no twinkie workouts!

I always thought the more recent Low Max and Low Intensity cardio WOs were targeted for this purpose. In the fitness biz it must be difficult to tailor modified routines as each exerciser’s needs may be very individual or highly specialized (e.g. management of lymphedema). I think you are right Sirensongwoman this is probably a potential niche market that will continue to grow as the population continues to age. But then again some exercisers feel no ill effects from aging (my father jogged till he was in his late 60s)
(I am just grateful some mornings just to bend over, pop a Cathe dvd in and move around the room and not fall over a dog!).

>I always thought the more recent Low Max and Low Intensity
>cardio WOs were targeted for this purpose.
>

while these workouts are low impact, the twist and turns in some of the choreography may be just as hard with someone with knee issues. in theory though, for the individual, we can make up our own modifications as we go. i know for imaxes i don't always do the jumps. lets face it have lots of medical issues from sports injuries and some days i get that arthritis feeling and just can't do the jumps, just lucky to do the workout LOL.

i like the idea of using a door mat. i myself never though of that.when i am having a bad knee day i just use the platform of my step without risers and that works for me too. also helps with the more difficult choreography that i am still trying to get down pat.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

http://jtjulian2003.tripod.com

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING,WHERE WOULD YOU PUT IT??

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/255246443.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.