Fitter 40s Jumping into January

Hi all

Roxie - glad to hear the new job is going well. At least you're aware of potential problems (and you've got Lisa on tap for advice!).

Mary - well done on matching Cathe, that is an achievement!! Especially on bis and tris.

Lisa - I forget sometimes that you don't work anymore! I think your recovery would have been a lot slower if you'd still been sat at a desk all the time.

RWH UB circuit done. I did the scrambled premix for a change. There are loads of premixes with this new series that I'd like to try.
Doing the gymnastics run tonight, I haven't done it for ages, it's been bliss. I'm eating out as well so I don't have to cook!

Good morning! Today did XT CLB, that is one I have avoided! And today I did NOT match Cathe's weight! Lol! Ronne, I dread car pooling! Tho, I do like to listen to the kids all chatter! Lisa, I am only working 2 days a week this semester! I'm so excited! I do like to be at home, fussing around. Roxie, maybe they need to change to work station? Murphy, how are you doing? Jody, working? Sleeping? My 12 year old van has hit the bricks, so tomorrow we are going car shopping, I'm excited and dreading the payment! I'll let you know what I get! Mary

XT cbs today. And a fast dog walk, much easier walking just one dog (ds dog slept until noon with lazy dil). Mary, part time work is the best work. Some days I get a little bored but no way do I want to be tied to having to be somewhere at a certain time. Roxie, I hurt there when I see a lot, something about using my arms at a higher level than I would prefer. In fact, I had to stop sewing for a bit because I over did it. Ronne, it just doesn't pay for me to work, especially with the pay cut my Co workers have now.

Good Evening,

I did a run/walk on the treadmill this morning before work. I have some pretty good DOMS from yesterdays workout.

Mary-we don't get a choice where we work and when I do my job it doesn't bother me just packaging nursing home med for 6-7 hours straight makes it hurt.

Lisa-good job with your workouts.

1 hr 6 min of spinning and 483 calories burned. I really liked this one. Then a dog walk and vacuuming and boy am I dog tired! I'm going to take the weekend off (just dog walks).

Mary, good luck on car shopping. It's not as much fun for me. I hate the pressure and haggle. When we bought the Audi there was no pressure and no haggling. Quite different than the other car makers (we've mostly done Honda's).

Roxie, good job on the DOMS.

Ronne, are you MIA because of gymnastics runs? We went for Mexican food last night and I had a margarita, we were starving so today I had to make sure I worked it off and I worked it off so much I'm wiped out! lol

Have a good weekend all!

Good Morning,

I pulled out and oldie today Total Body Sculpting and used 8lbs instead of the 3's that Cathe uses and it was a good workout. Headed to Kansas City to look at spin bikes and a fitbit. Suppose to be 60 today going to feel like summer after all those freezing cold temps.

Hello! Today did stretch max, yesterday was TB. I got a new car! A Ford Edge, FIL worked for Ford, so we get the discount. It's so nice! I feel so pretty in it! Hahaha! Roxie, did you get a bike? A Fitbit? So much fun! Lisa, how are you? I love Mexican, not so keen on margaritas tho! Jody, you still at work? We miss you! Murphy, how are you? Ronne, what fun did you do this weekend? Friday night we went to dinner with friends, had the most amazing raspberry beer! Last night we all went to see the Wedding Ringer, childish, but funny! Today cleaning, basketball and Target. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Good Morning,

I plan on stretching today. Basic Stretch done and decided to ad Turbo Jam 20 minute Cardio Party.

Mary-fitbit yes bike almost a store we went to had a 700.00 bike for 399 but the floor model was all they had left and it looked broke.

Last edited:
Hi all

I just never made it here on Friday, the day got away from me!

Mary - sounds like a good weekend. I've not heard of that film, it's probably not out here yet. Two days a week working is nice. Are you enjoying having a bit more free time?

Lisa - I love Mexican food. You're making me hungry.

Roxie - well, at least you got one thing you wanted.

Took a break over the weekend but on Friday I did RWH LB Circuit again and today was LI1 plus Abs 2. That's it, I've finished the rotation. I feel a lot better about this series than I did when I started. ;)
We went to London yesterday specially to see an exhibition but it was sold out! Oh well, had a wander around the British Museum for a bit and then did some window shopping so the day was still nice anyway.

Did rwh bbs, then took Suki to the lake for a windy 3 mile walk. It's windy because another front moving in, snow, ugh, want spring! Roxie, we should be fitbit friends. That way we can push each other for steps. Mary, congrats on car, what color? 8 more days! I want my house baaaaack! Ronne, I think I'm hungrier now that I can lift heavier. I'm also back to not sleeping well, grrrr.

Good Evening,

My fitbit said I burned 1352 calories today and walked 2.12 miles at work but when it logged to myfitnesspal it said 212 calories burned which I thought was strange.

Lisa-that would be a good idea.

Mary-I want a new car but not a ford.

Ronnie-sounds like you had a good time.

Afternoon ladies

Lisa - my appetite really grew doing the RWH rotation. And I just want to eat more when it's cold anyway. Bad news about the sleep.

Roxie - that's a good amount of walking at work.

Did Xtrain BS CBS. I really like the BS workouts, I like the slower pace. Felt pretty good with the weights. I think I've got a bit stronger.
Temp's really dropped here. No snow, but clear and cold.

Good morning! Today did FT, yesterday was 30/30. Took all the kids for eye exams yesterday, final verdict: everyone is blind! So, ordered glasses for 3, then did Costco run, was a pricey weekend! Lisa, so now the final countdown can begin!? I got silver, hope it doesn't show the dirt as much as my black one did. Ronne, my appetite has also been incredible! I feel like I never stop eating! Roxie, I think I would become obsessed with my numbers! Hi to Jody and Murphy! Not much today, normal cleaning and kid runs. Good day to all, Mary

GG minus stab ball but added chair, ugh, hard! Going for a brrrr, cold walk. Mary, I have a grey car, doesn't show dirt like DH's black one, I bet silver won't either. Ronne, I eat more in the middle of the night because if I'm awake, I think, hmmm, maybe I'm hungry, let me have 1/2 a balance bar and maybe I;ll get to sleep. Well, off to the cold....at least the sun is out, or else I wouldn't go for a walk for sure!

Good Evening,

I took 7,000 steps today and walked 2.9 miles at work today no wonder my knee hurts. I got home and DH told me to check the printer he bought me a 1,200 dolllar spin bike for 499.00 what a wonderful surprise I am so excited because me knees and hips don't like running on the TM anymore hurt the whole time I was doing it this morning. My cold has decided to flare up again spent the day coughing. I learned today that the business my old bosses owned are

Lisa-I will try to friend you can't remember how I signed up sad how bad my memory is anymore.

Mary-I don't check my fitbit all day long like a lady I work with it's just interesting to see how well I sleep and how many steps I take.

Hello

Mary - yes, that's a big spend. I'm sure DD will end up with glasses eventually, as DH is blind as a bat, and I have them for driving.

Lisa - I love your thinking! I'm very glad I don't wake up during the night at the moment ...

Roxie - that's great! Have fun with it.

Hi to Jody and Murphy if you're lurking!

Just popped into town to get a couple of things and treated myself to a couple of new tops, this
http://www.next.co.uk/x5580s2#950725x55
and a black and white patterned shirt. I haven't bought any clothes for ages!
Did X10 Cardio Blast. I read somewhere that some people were finding X10 easier now after RWH. I didn't think that but I do think I recovered more quickly at the end.

Good Morning,

I did Total Body Sculpting this morning and some dusting before I go to work at 1:00.

Ronne-its always nice to treat yourself.

Good morning! Today did TTM, I think Ronne is right! It was actually not too bad! Cute sweater! Lisa, I wake up, but I'm much too lazy to go downstairs let alone get a snack! I do think about it tho..... Roxie, you didn't finish your sentence about your old bosses, did they sell the business? Hello to Jody and Murphy! Went to basketball game last night, DD plays in the band, anyway one of our players was featured on ESPN's sports center for having the number one play of the day on Monday, he is a phenomenal player, they lost baaad last night tho! Snowing here, hope not enough to shovel! Have a good day! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.