Fitter 40s Jumping into January

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi everyone

Ooh, I get to start the New Year thread! Happy New Year to you all.

Lisa - it doesn't sound like it's got off to a great start for you. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mary - sounds like you've been busy and having fun.

Hi to Jody, Murphy and Roxie.

I've managed a couple of workouts in amongst the general laziness. Did the second LI Hiit which wasn't too difficult. Then did the UB Circuit which I found almost as hard as the LB circuit. Today I'm doing Plyo Hiit 2 and I know I'm not going to get through it all.
Then I will have done all the new DVDs. This is a tough series, I can see a lot of premixes and skipping bits in my future with these!

Ronne - Love, love, love the title. I was trying to think of one and this is better than whatever I thought of - I have no imagination.

Happy New Year everyone!

Today is RWH LIHI b/b/s. I am loving the new series. I think I will start the January rotation on Monday. It looks really good. Anyone else thinking about it?

Murphy

Good Evening,

I did KCM TLC Boxing before work but it hasn't been a good day still have my cold but now I have no voice and I can't in any way breathe through my nose guess I am going to have to cave and go to Urgent Care for and antibiotic which by the way we sold 35 boxes of Zythromax today which is and antibiotic alot of stuff going around.

Ronne-I was going to start a thread but couldnt figure out how with the new format.

Murphy-you guys are making me want to order this series.

Today I finally did a bit more than go from bed to couch to bathroom. It was nice so I took the dogs for a walk. My workout room is really torn up now as we moved some stuff up to the garage, so will see how it is to get workouts in. I'm taking it easy getting back into working out as this stomach bug wiped me out, even DH said one night " I don't think I'm going to make it through" (maybe I said that already?). On the walk felt a bit weak.

Roxie you sound miserable, I hope to avoid any of the respiratory stuff going around. Bummer about the spin bike.

Murphy, you really are killing it with this new series! Must be the youngster in you :)

Ronne, ahem! You forgot the + in the title! lol. My illness is turning into a bit of general laziness too, that and the fact my house feels out of control and therefore I just can focus until I can get some control in my life.

Mary, how was your new years? Jody, are you working a lot?

Happy New Year, everyone~~
Today I did RWH Low Impact Hiit 2 and 1 combo.
Lisa, are you feeling human yet? Are the kids going to be able to handle all the new house stuff? You probably won't see them when they first move out.
Ronne, did you bedroom get completed? I'm finding the RWH to be manageable, but I'm not coming close to matching reps and so on, its almost like Cathe is throwing out ideas and I sort of follow along. I hope to regain my fitness.
Roxie I bought a box of that stuff for dd who caught my flu along w/ some tamiflu and two cough meds. I was a little surprised they prescribed so much stuff. In the end, she just took the tamiflu. It was $$. Anyway, I hope you feel better, too.
Mary, I hope you've had a nice winter break and didn't stay too busy!
Murphy, I haven't looked at the Jan rotation, I assume it uses a lot of RWH. I like the series, too
I've been working about 40-50 hours/week since Sept so nothing too crazy but my workouts are hit or miss. I keep popping in when I can, but I go for long stretches with nothing to report. It is nice to see what is going on when I get here but my commitment is pretty iffy! I'l love to get some clutter and house stuff done, I guess that is why I keep asking about everyone's homes. : )

Did RWH legs circuit. Still cannot complete all of it. :-(. I am short on time so sorry for lack of personals.

Jody - glad to hear from you. Keep popping in. What do you think of the new series?

Murphy

Hi girls! Sorry to be missing so much! With the kids home, just busy. Today did RWH CST, yesterday low impact plyo 1, I have been working out! Lisa, hope you feel brand new! That sounds like it was gruesome! Roxie ,how are you feeling? Jody, pop in when you can! We need you! Ronne, perfect title! When does DD go back to school? Mine go back tomorrow, then life can get back to normal! Hi Murphy! I do like this new series, I'm surprised I like it so well! Especially the running times! Have to get to grocery store and then basketball, have a good Sunday! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I ams still fighting the cold feeling a little better today still trying not to go to the doctor.

Jody-we are going through alot of Tamiflu too.

Mary-sounds like you are busy.

Murphy-a little bit of exercise is better than no exercise which is what I have been doing.

Hi everyone! Finally able to get back to the workouts, I did pilates yesterday (and wow, I can feel it in my core), and today LLA minus A adding in barre.

Mary, I'll feel brand new when I get my house back by myself and in order. They are really driving me crazy now, I bite my tongue. I did get my sewing room almost put back together and carpet cleaned in there and in our bedroom. 2 weeks 2 days, but I'm not counting down :) You know it's not me when my younger DS comments on how we do everything...llike even feed their dog, but I'm not doing that right now because she's woken them up in middle of night to go....um, yea, well, did you take her outside before you went to bed, oh wait, that's right DIL was out late and came home with no car? So I'm not to fee the dog anything but the food that has chicken in it but I can't leave it out because my dog gets sick on chicken, so I have to monitor eating? um, how about you fee your own dog. So now said dog is looking at me for a little canned on her food but I can't so she doesn't eat so I have to pick up the food so mine doesn't eat it....blah, blah, blah, need I go on? Can you tell I'm ticked? It was funny I haven't censored my comments with younger DS around, I said, DIL has an 'entitlement' air about her,,,,,he agreed.

Jody, um, I'm happy not seeing them for a long while (I'm such a bad parent). The week they move out is the week DH will be in Mexico for 2 weeks. Yes, keep checking in, if you have to checkin then you will do the workouts :)

Murphy, one of these days when life is back to normal and my workout space is set up, I hope to do a rotation (and stick to it!). Thinking RWH and STS? was that one of the options? Since we got quite a bit of their crap up from the basement into the garage I have sooooo many dreams of my workout space!

Ronne, how was your weekend?

Roxie, oh golly, get yourself to a doctor! I hate going to doctors! I need to go for a checkup, my doctor has now moved, thankfully just as close.

Oh I found one thing I still can't do because of my neck. Puzzles! DS and his GF was doing one so I did it with them, after an hour my neck hurt and for the rest of the day, sigh. Oh well, could be worse! Will have to ask massage lady about it next week (wondering if that's one of the things still to come that she is looking for in whatever muscles).

Hi all

Murphy - No, I won't be joining you on the rotation. I'm still working my way through the Getting Started one. I've got another two weeks of that to go. This series has really fired you up!

Roxie - sorry to hear you've been ill as well.

Lisa - whoops sorry about that! ;) Glad to hear that you're finally up to workouts. You're probably getting a bit more tetchy as the end nears for DS moving out. You know how work feels really hard just before you go on holiday? Or you can't carry on at the end of a Cathe workout (but would do if it was longer), I think it's the same thing! Keep your head down and it'll be over before you know it! :)

Jody - you're welcome here whether you're working out or not. We want to know what's going on with you, the workouts are just an excuse to chat! ;) Are you happy with the way the job is working out? Are you still on a temp contract? The bedroom is done apart from curtains and a new light fitting, neither of which are urgent.

Mary - good to see you. DD went back to school today. It's quite nice to have the house to myself again! But I've really enjoyed the past two weeks off, it's gone very quickly.

Did RWH UB Circuit again today. It wasn't as tough as last time so I enjoyed it more. I might get on a bit better with the series now I'm back to a normal routine.
Back to work as well. It's hard to stay focused!

Good morning! Did CF this morning, after I got kids off to school! I was sad to see them go, really had a nice time off with them. Lisa, I wouldnt miss doing puzzles too much! It would be good to have a good excuse! Ronne is right, you just want them gone! The sooner the better I'm sure! Roxie, I avoid the doctor too! Murphy, your kids back today too? Jody, don't work too hard! Well, starting finishing up these old teeth today, new year, more insurance money available. Always about the money isn't it? Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hello

Mary - good to see you. CF is punishing to start back with (though I know you've been keeping up the workouts!). Did you do the whole thing or a premix? Good luck with the teeth!

Hi to all the rest of you.
LIHI Legs done. Back a bit dodgy so I was cautious.
House back to normal now, all the decorations down and the tree taken away. Seems so much bigger!

Hello ladies! Today did LLA with the barre added on. Ronne, I need to follow your lead and take Christmas away! It's such a chore! Last root canal done yesterday, today start on my crowns, so glad this journey is coming to an end! How is everyone feeling? Hope all the illness is long gone! Well, going to jump in shower and start cleaning! Or should I reverse it? Have a good day! Mary

I just realized I forgot to check in yesterday. I did RWH B/S/B, I have some good DOMS going on now. Today I did AOLI (I think that's the initials but it looks strange). Ronne, you are so right, it's toughest at the end, but the dog situation really irks me. You seem to be having more back twinges. Mary, thank goodness for the new year and new insurance! lol. I have dental coverage this year so heading for a cleaning tomorrow. My teeth are one of my strong points so I go on DH's plan every other year to get the cleaning.

I did Gauntlet day before yesterday. Yestday nothing, dd has blood in her urine, more kidney stones or reaction to naprox she started taking for tendonitis in her wrist. I worry about her. I'll be working 3-5 shifts a week I think, mostly all nights, from now thru May, I guess I'll find a groove. This is a seasonal perdiem at increased rate of pay and position at my original place, after May I go back to regular perdiem. I'm out of cleaning supplies, I need to head to walmart before I crash.
Mary, are you having pain w/ all this dental? My bottom biters keep crumbling. : /
Ronne, I just have a 2 foot undecorated silver tree to throw back into the Harry Potter room under the stairs, it shouldn't take me that long to clean up from holidays but I bet its still sitting there Jan 15.
oh geez I just hit the wall, better get to walmart so I can get some sleep today. waves

Hello

Mary - good workout. I think that's my favourite leg workout (along with Xtrain legs).

Lisa - yes, you're right about the back. Since I had some pain late last year, it's never really got completely better. It just feels like whenever I get an injury now, it doesn't completely clear up. I suppose that's the joy of aging.

Jody - good to see you. Sounds like a good set up although I know working nights is tough. At least you're getting a bit of extra money for now, which must be nice. Sorry to hear about DD, hope it can get sorted out. Now, get some sleep!

Did RWH LI2 with Abs 2. The LI workouts are starting to feel like a rest! I felt energised rather than wiped out which makes a nice change with this series. I think starting this just before Christmas didn't help either. Now I'm back to my usual routine, the workouts aren't feeling quite so daunting.

Good Evening,

I saw the doctor this morning its a sinus infection so she gave me and antibiotic and cough syrup with codine so maybe I can get some sleep tonight.

Jody-that drug is so overused it doesn't work anymore.

Lisa-I remember when my DD and her DH lived with us for a couple of months while they redid a bathroom and I couldn't wait for them to leave so I can't imagine what it would all the time yours lived with you.

Hi there

Roxie - get better soon.

RWH B/S/S done. I used the last bonus set to put my equipment away! Probably not how Cathe designed the workout ;)

Good morning! Today did RWH plyo 1, it was hard today! Maybe the cold? Kids off school due to the cold, very frigid here, at least there isn't too much snow. Ronne, good use of your time! I always think Cathe can see me cheating! Roxie, hope the meds are helping. Jody, hope DD is feeling better, kidney stones are miserable. Gauntlet is a long one! Lisa, 14 more days and they will be gone! Hi Murphy! Taking Boo for her first spa day today! Hope she doesn't bite the groomer! Have a good day! Mary

Ran out of time yesterday to get here to checkin (ok, ok, I dwaddled and putzed around and before I knew it it was time to get to the dentist). I did 60 min of spinning, had to settle for the you tube studio sweat pt 1 and pt 2 workout, OMG they were tough! I wasn't planning to work THAT hard!.. We had hard power outage and I couldn't get to my downloaded workouts which is why I settled for the you tube one. Today I did RWH UB circuit, skipped the last blast, I think we did that at RT and I didn't do it then either.

Mary, I swear the cold is making my body hurt (be sore) more. Hmmm, or is that age too? Actually we are at 12 days, but who's counting? Dental visit went well, it's been 14 mths since I've been and the dental hygienst was amazed at the little tarter build up. Guess I get a break with teeth with all the skin issues I have :)

Roxie, I figured you'd understand since you have older kids, when the kids were young I never thought about how much I'd want them gone when they were older :) Hope you feel better soon! I sure hope I avoid the nasty respiratory thing going around and the flu too.

Ronne, I didn't want to mention the aging bit. My lower back hurts more (the QL muscle), I'm now wondering if I just haven't gained very much ground on that muscle especially since I don't deadlift as much as I used to. I took it easy with the weights on today's workout and I think it was good I did. I used to be close to Cathe on weights, but she seems to be lifting more to me? And of course I'm lifting less than I was. Important thing is, I'm happy with where I am given where I came from! And happy not to push it to avoid pain! Hmmmm, maybe that's wisdom with age talking?

Jody, hope you can get into a groove with the nights....so hard!

Murphy, how's it going with you? doing RWH?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.