Fitter 40s Jumping into January

Hi all

Mary - my sister in law is a dog groomer - she was telling us about massaging a dog's glands last time I saw her! :eek:

Lisa - good news with the teeth, as you said, it's nice that some of you isn't falling apart! Cathe's certainly lifting heavier on the RWH weights workouts. I only have dumbbells that go to 25lbs and a barbell to 35lbs, so I just work with what I've got. You're absolutely right, you've got to be comfortable with what you're doing and know that you're working to your best. Back has eased off now and I'm twinge free at the moment.

Plyo 1 with abs 1 for me today. I previewed it even though I've done it before and I was dreading it but actually it wasn't so bad. As in, it was incredibly tough but not the absolute killer I remembered from the first time doing it. I only skipped one repeat set of wide burpees so was pretty pleased with myself. I honestly thought the Plyo disk might get put away after this rotation and never seen again, but I've changed my mind.
No great plans for the weekend. We'll probably catch up with some recordings from Christmas TV.

Good morning! Today did yesterday's Cathe live class, legs. I enjoyed it. Ronne, enjoy the downtime! Kids called off school again, I'm not quite sure why tho! Lisa, 11 days! You can do that! I'd be so excited to be alone again! Roxie, how are you feeling? Jody, do you like nights? Do you want to get to day shift? Hi Murphy! A basketball game tonight, tomorrow and Sunday! Have a good day! Mary

I did HS time saver in a low impact, low energy way. Then BS tri only (felt they needed worked, and boy they got worked!) taking a rest day tomorrow, my body is sore and tired, just do a dog walk. Mary, was the weather bad? Snow, ice cold here today, yuck. Ronne, ewe! I saw it on a show here called dirty jobs. No thank you! I never got my dogs groomed, and they never had issue, nor sure why it's common practice.... Have a great weekend all, I'll be taking some rest days.

Good Afternoon,

I had to work until 1 today so much for 1 Saturday a month its been every other. Ran out of nyquil last night so have had coughing fits off and on all day. StudioSweat Spin Part 1 before we take the bike back tomorrow when we see GS.

Lisa-that sucks.

Hi everyone

Running late today. Final adjustments being made on the bedroom furniture so my workout is delayed till the bloke is gone! I'm doing RWH UB circuit. Last week of rotation.
Did CST on Sat. I really like the way Cathe has split shoulders over 2 DVDs this time.
Bought some new lighting for the bedroom yesterday. It looks great (a bit like a disco but restful!!). Just got to get curtains and we'll be done.

Lisa - hang on there. Keep thinking calm relaxing thoughts ;)

Mary - were the kids off school because of weather?

Hi girls! Today will do S&H legs/shoulders, yesterday was YR, Saturday was S&H chest and back. Ronne, yay on bedroom being done! Disco lights in bedroom? Could be fun! Roxie, how are you feeling? Better, I hope. Lisa, so what's going on with the house? Why the delay? Jody, working? Hello Murphy! Thank goodness kids back at school! Snowed, but not too cold. Just working out and cleaning today, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Happy Monday! I didn't do any formal w/o's this weekend, my body just feels tired so I took a break, but I did do my dog walks. I also am taking breaks because the workout area is just so unorganized now with the pending move. I guess they delayed because the house isn't done, grrrr. This is Richmond Homes so a big builder, maybe it's only as good as the contractors and people these days just don't get their work done it seems (the X gen?). Today I did HR and did a bit more stretching on my pilates reformer....I think I need to incorporate more pilates stretching again and I will once my space gets organized. I think that's why my body is just feeling more creaky.

Mary, I'm dusting today, sneezing up a storm! You know it's bad when you 22 yr old tells you that the house needs dusted!

Ronne, bedroom sounds fabulous! I like the split shoulders too, more so I like the ones on the back workout because I think I need to do more posterior work. After sewing for 2 days full on, my mid back hurts (it always has). Massage day is tomorrow! I'm feeling my muscles a bit more from mid back to neck, I think that's what my massage therapist meant by "accumulation". I can't say any one thing contributed to it, but it has been 5 weeks since last massage (she thinks I can get to 6 weeks eventually).

Gotta run.....

Hi all. Sorry I have been out of the loop. I have had computer problems, was sick for a bit and now am in a sort of funk. I am starting to wonder if I am one of those people who gets depressed in the winter. ??? I did a boxing class on Saturday which was fun and Sunday I did plyo hiit 2. I went to bed late last night and could not get up this morning. I really need to get out of this funk. :-(

Murphy

Good Evening,

We returned the spin bike yesterday but DH is looking at them online. I did Cardio and Weights Step and Compound lifts before work.

Murpy-sorry to hear you were sick.

Hi all

Mary - are you doing a S&H rotation? Or just in need of a change? We might be getting snow tomorrow, shouldn't be too much though.

Lisa - sounds very sensible taking a break this weekend. Do you think you will always go for massages from now on?

Murphy - sorry to hear you're feeling down. Boxing class sounds like a good idea. Hope you can punch your way out of it!

Roxie - do a I see a spin bike purchase in your future?!

So back to LB Circuit for the first time since I did it when it nearly killed me. I dropped the step height and that made a big difference. I also dropped weights on those curtsey lunges because I find it harder to balance. It helped that there were three phone calls while I was working out. For once, I didn't mind! So all in all, it didn't go too badly and I won't be hiding the DVD!
Got some great news. DD just had her injections at school, she's developed a real phobia and last year refused to have them at all. I'm so relieved and really proud of her for overcoming her fear. We're going out for something to eat later to celebrate.
I'm also meeting a friend later to see Birdman. Mary, have you seen it?

Good morning! Today did CATHE live, hi/lo Hiit, it was fun. Ronne, good for DD, I'm old and still don't like shots, so I can't really blame her! I'm just working my way through the dvds that always get put to the back, I have been pretty sore from S&H, it just moves so dang slow! Roxie, maybe you could find a spin bike on Craig's list? Murphy, hope you feel better soon. It's sunny here today, (12 degrees) so the sun will be coming your way! Lisa, enjoy your massage! So the kids will be gone by the end of the month? Hi Jody! Kids have midterms this week, that means early dismissal! I better get moving! Mary

I did RK today, and a short dog walk. Went for massage, my lower back has tightness (not quite knots ) at T11 or so. She said could be from twisting motions but also holding weight in front of you and leaning too far forward. So concentrate on my stance. I think it might be that move from RWH where you have the weight in front with both hands and swing to each side (can't remember name), she thought so too. So my modification of lightening up the weights and keeping the weight closer to my body is good. Also the up of deadlift works that area so I may just have weaker muscles from all my "downtime".

Mary, hoping closing date doesn't get delayed anymore....they put the wrong back splash in the kitchen! Egads, I need them gone!

Ronne, I will keep getting massages as long as they help and right now they still do...I only get my neck and back done, I figure I'm worth it!

Sorry for lack of personals, I must get dinner going for DH, he deserves a good meal, that poor man has been working so hard!

Hi all

Mary - your kids are hardly at school at the moment! How are you managing to get anything done?

Lisa - If I could have a massage every 6 weeks I would! Is that the move in the abs where you agitate the weight?

Rest day on the rotation today so I did a slow yoga session which was nice. Had to go and pick DD up from school as she was feeling a bit ill. I think it was probably a reaction to the injections yesterday.
DH has gone away for work for a couple of days so it's just me and DD. I'm making us a curry tonight. Not sure how it will turn out!

Good morning! Today did S&H B&T, first time ever I matched Cathe's weights! It's the little things! Ronne, I know! Those kids are always here! They have off Friday and Monday too! Hope DD is feeling better. I have never tried curry, have looked at it tho! Lisa, I'm sure the kids are squirlley to get to their own place. It will be good for all! What did you make DH? Hello to Roxie, Jody and Murphy! Not much here, just cold,-1 this morning, supposed to warm up tho. Have a good day all! Mary

Today I did LICh, that one always fools me into thinking it's over after all combos put together and then, BAM!, there's blasts! I skipped them and opted for stretching on the reformer since I had the place to myself. Will do dog walk once it warms up, I'm tired of the cold!

Ronne, yes, that move is what I was thinking, but then I'm wondering if when I do bicep curls I'm bending forward too much, reason I am is I'm trying to anchor my elbows in so my neck doesn't hurt, I'll have to pay attention to that. At this point I the massages are still a necessity for me (that from someone who never liked massages---they'd MAKE my neck hurt...therapist said it made since because my body was trying to hold the neck muscles tight to keep spine aligned and once they were made lose the discs probably slipped more...man she's been a wealth of knowledge). Poor DD, so brave and then to get sick from it! I still don't like shots or get my blood drawn, etc....we learn we have to do what we have to do. Growing up into a big girl she is!

Oh, I also told therapist yesterday how it is a blessing that I got laid off as I don't think I could sit in front of a computer all day without pain (neck started hurting after doing some year end stuff on computer), she agreed. Life works the way it's supposed to in the end......

Mary, um, I wouldn't call what I did cooking :) Refrigerator is running low as I don't want too much in it as we are getting a new one tomorrow! Spring can't come soon enough!

Roxie, are you getting settled into your job now?

Good Evening,

Walked 1.4 miles at work 2,618 steps.

Mary-we have looked on Craigs list only 1 and they want 300.00 for it and we have found new ones for that.

Lisa-work is getting better my duties have increased stress wise but I think things are going smoother. When I fill nursing home meds between my shoulder blades hurts and one of the girls has had to have neck surgery from doing this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.