"Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for Dec. 31"

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,:D

Last night I dd Step Blast/SJP premix! I lwas funI. didn't do much else, I had no engery all day long, but didn't wanted to miss or be behind my workout:rolleyes:

As soon as I get off the computer, I will do Pyramid Back work then MM Back work; Pyramid Bicep work then MM Bicep work.

Debbie, the reason my children cannot stay with my DH and I ,is because I live in Germany, my husband is a soldier ( we are stationed in Grafenwoehr). My children Alesia 23, is a graduate student, and my son Darieus 19, is sophomore in college. They live in our home in Texas. Believe me we would love to have them with us.

Patti, Happy Birthday to your DH.

Thanks Lori! The kids are safe and sound in Texas again!

Lori (Gidget 1978), Alesia and Darieus left yesterday! I didn't had the engery to type yesterday:D I didn't get any sleep, I just couldn't sleep for some reason?

Have a Happy and safe New Year, everyone!

Did today's workout and had fun switching the DVD's around. Thanks for the rotation Debbie.

For Pyramids went with 8, 10, 12 for back and 5, 8, 10 for bi's. Keeping things lighter because I've not been working out much for about six weeks now.

Back to yesterday's DOMS question. I assume today is the right place to continue the discussion? Hearing about anyone's experience with adding longer rests would be appreciated. I plan to try it and see if it helps. For me DOMS isn't a good thing - it's painful and takes the enjoyment out of working out.

Linda M.

My tri's are still sore this morning - BUT I don't mind because I am getting a nice little bubble of a tricep back there! :D

I just finished the workout for today.

PUB Back
Pullovers - 15/20/25
Double Arm Rows - 15/20/25

MM Back

BB Underhand Rows Round 1 - 40#
BB Underhand Rows Round 2 - 40#
Dumbell One arm rows - 25#
Barbell Pullovers - 25# (used a dumbell instead of the barbell)

PUB Biceps

Hammer Curls - 12/15/20 then 15/12/10s
Bicep Curls - 12/15/20 then 15/12/10's

MM Biceps

BB Curls #1 - 30# (used dumbells)
BB Curls #2 - 30#
Dumbell Curls - 10#

I am going up to my parents house today (I think) - I should be able to do the cardio tomorrow - but I probably won't be able to do the weight work on Friday. Debbie - would it be ok to do the cardio for Saturday on Friday instead and doing the weight work for Friday on Saturday?

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

WOW! My poor little biceps are WORKED! PUB bis THEN more biceps?!?!? Craziness! I am done though. I couldn't sleep well at all last night so I got up and got my wo in. Here's how I did. (I am a lightweight! LOL!)

PUB Back
Pullovers - 10/12/15
Double Arm Rows - 10/12/15

MM Back

BB Underhand Rows Round 1 - 30
BB Underhand Rows Round 2 - 30
Dumbell One arm rows - 15
Barbell Pullovers - 20

PUB Biceps
Hammer Curls - 5/8/10
Bicep Curls - 5/8/10

MM Biceps

BB Curls #1 - 15
BB Curls #2 - 15
Dumbell Curls - 5

So glad to be done so that I can move on with the day! Have a great New Year's Eve all! :)

Today was Pyramid Back work mixed with Muscle Max Back work and then Pyramid Bicep work mixed with Muscle Max Bicep work.

O - M - G!!!

Talk about an intense workout. I usually never sweat during weight training unless its 90 degrees out, but since I've started doing Cathe again I am drenched when I get done.

Had an excellent workout even though I woke up with a headache.

BACK
Pyramid workout:
Pullovers: 25#/30#/35#/30#/25#
ss w/
Double Arm Rows: 20's/22's/25's/22's/20's

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Rows: 55# - 2 sets/15 reps
One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps w/different speed counts.
***These killed me. I should have used a 25# dumbbell.
Pullovers: 30# - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Should have used 35#. I used a dumbbell, I hate using the barbell for pullovers, it hurts my elbows.

BICEP
Pyramid workout:
Hammer Curls: 15's/17's/20's/15's/12's
ss w/
Traditional DB Curls: 15's/17's/20's/15's/12'ss
***Wow. Thats all I have to say. I did take a little bit longer break then Cathe. I had too.

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Curls: 40# - 8 reps 4/4 ct.; 45# - 6 reps 4/4 ct.
***Was surprised how strong I felt here after the Pyramid workout. Should have used 45# for both sets.
Dumbbell Partial reps: 10's - 8 partials up then down; 4 partials up then down; 4 reps 4/4 ct. all the way up and down.
***These burned.

That is all...

I am wiped out.

I'll be back later to answer some questions and comment on things. I'm running late and need to get to work.

Hello Ladies,

Today's cardio workout almost didn't happen for me today. I had to run around with my kids after work, but I figured better late than never, so I finally got to work at almost 8PM. I did Powerstrike 5. Good cardio without killing myself.

My chest is a little sore also from yesterday's workout. Surprisingly my Triceps are fine. I know I worked them good, so it's all good.

Debbie, I have a question for you. I've heard that being sore isn't necessarily a good thing, that sometimes it just means you aren't resting enough between reps, etc. I tend to get sore when I do something new, but other than that, I don't tend to get too sore. I know most of us have that thought that we don't feel we worked hard enough if we don't get DOMS. What's your take on this? I love to hear your opinion on this subject. Thanks in advance.

Good night ladies.

Hi Iris! My take on this is: NO PAIN, NO GAIN. I know what the "experts" say, but seriously, when you put loads on your body that it isn't use too, it HAS TO GET SORE! There is no way around it. I'm not sure it's a good thing, but its something I strive for with each one of my workouts. And there is a big difference between doms and injury and I know we've all experienced that at some point.

I bet the "experts" never worked out. :rolleyes:

Debbie, the reason my children cannot stay with my DH and I ,is because I live in Germany, my husband is a soldier ( we are stationed in Grafenwoehr). My children Alesia 23, is a graduate student, and my son Darieus 19, is sophomore in college. They live in our home in Texas. Believe me we would love to have them with us.

Hi Belinda. I didn't realize your kids were adults. That is cool that they can live on their own and take care of themselves. Very impressive. How long will you and your dh be in Germany?

I am going up to my parents house today (I think) - I should be able to do the cardio tomorrow - but I probably won't be able to do the weight work on Friday. Debbie - would it be ok to do the cardio for Saturday on Friday instead and doing the weight work for Friday on Saturday?

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

I was actually going to put in this rotation that the workout for New Years Day is optional. I was going to make it a rest day but most people are home on New Years Day so I figured we may as well workout. Why don't you just skip New Years Day workout and then do Friday and Saturday as scheduled. Can you do that?

Back to yesterday's DOMS question. I assume today is the right place to continue the discussion? Hearing about anyone's experience with adding longer rests would be appreciated. I plan to try it and see if it helps. For me DOMS isn't a good thing - it's painful and takes the enjoyment out of working out.

Linda M.

Linda, I usually rest as long as it takes me to do the next set. Even with this rotation, since I'm going heavier then Cathe, I take longer rests. That is the way to build. There really is no way of avoiding DOMS if you are working out to your full potential. If you don't want to get sore, go lighter, but your gains will be minimal. You can also take a supplement called L-Glutamine. It helps with DOMS and muscle recovery.

I hope you read this Debbie.

Good Morning Everyone,

I did the Pyramid Shoulders/Legs today instead of back/biceps because I just COULD NOT wait for legs!

Debbie, here is my question. In order for me to keep up with Cathe for the Pyramid Legs, (especially the leg press, squats and lunges) I have to go lighter with my weights. Therefore, I just don't feel a burn as if I were lifting really heavy and I don't get that nice "tight" feeling when I'm finished. What do you suggest? Should I go lighter and keep up the pace with Cathe or should I go heavier and go at my own pace?

By the way, I'm loving this rotation. I really need the extra cardio after all the "damage" I did over the holidays.

Checking in -

Did PUB/MM back and bi's yesterday and, oh my, I'm feeling it today. I am LOVING doing 2 workouts back to back like this Debbie.
I matched Cathe's weights (I think) on everything except BB rows I went 50#. And I do not like BB pullovers, either, so went with a dumbbell. During BB curls I could see in the mirror my arms shaking bad.
I added HSC abs to top it off.
Looking forward to some cardio up next.

Have a great day, ladies. Be safe tonight.

Good Morning Everyone,

I did the Pyramid Shoulders/Legs today instead of back/biceps because I just COULD NOT wait for legs!

Debbie, here is my question. In order for me to keep up with Cathe for the Pyramid Legs, (especially the leg press, squats and lunges) I have to go lighter with my weights. Therefore, I just don't feel a burn as if I were lifting really heavy and I don't get that nice "tight" feeling when I'm finished. What do you suggest? Should I go lighter and keep up the pace with Cathe or should I go heavier and go at my own pace?

By the way, I'm loving this rotation. I really need the extra cardio after all the "damage" I did over the holidays.

I ALWAYS rest longer then Cathe does because I like to go heavy and feel the workout. Personally, I hate the rushed feeling I get with her workouts so I make them my own. Sometimes I'll do single counts on exercises because with the weight I'm using, 2/2 or 4/4 is just way too slow for me. So do what you WANT to do. This is YOUR workout. Make it work to match your goals.

Hellos to everyone! I did the PUB/MM chest/tri combo today. It's great getting to use these workouts in a whole new way!

Here's what I did:

PUB abs (did these first as there is no way I could do them after working arms, still had a hard time finishing the last couple pikes on ball)

Chest:
Pyramid Flyes and press - 12/15/20
MM Pushups on toes
MM Incline flyes - 15's
MM flyes with squeeze - 15's
MM Pushups 1/2 on toes, 1/2 on knees

Triceps:
Pyramid Kickbacks - 8/10/12
OH press - 17/20/23
MM OH ext - 20#
Dips
Kickback with green band

I rested more than Cathe too. Again a whole new way to work out with Debbie giving us "permission" to rest more. :p;) And I needed those extra rests!

Good morning! I love your philosophy, Debbie -- it's our workout! I had a good one -- back and biceps. Yes, it was incredible doing MM biceps after PUB biceps!! But, I could really feel them being worked in a different way, so it was all good. I also noticed in the MM stretch, which I did, that my stretch felt different than I remember since I hadn't worked the legs. Funny how we even get used to how we feel in a stretch!!!

Have a good one -- happy New Year and all!!

-Beth

BACK
Pyramid workout:
Pullovers: 20#/35#/30#/25#/20#
Double Arm Rows: 60/70/80/70/60

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Rows: 60# - 2 sets/15 reps
One Arm Rows: 30# - 5 reps w/different speed counts, then dropped to 25# for the remaining.
Pullovers: 30# - 10 reps 4/4 ct.

BICEP
Pyramid workout:
Hammer Curls: 8/10/12/10/8
Traditional DB Curls: same
Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Curls: 25# - 8 reps 4/4 ct.; 45# - 6 reps 4/4 ct.
Dumbbell Partial reps: 10's - 8 partials up then down; 4 partials up then down; 4 reps 4/4 ct. all the way up and down.

**** I went lighter on biceps today because I'll be working them hard w/ PT on Friday.

Great workout Debbie! I'm thinking of some yoga this afternoon before our NY Eve party with the kids. Enjoy whatever you do! Happy New Year.

I'm out of here until I post my workout tomorrow. Hope you all have a great workout today!!!

Also, hope you all have a very

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

:eek::cool::eek::cool::eek:

Debbie - I may be able to pull that off. We still haven't left for my folks yet - so I don't know what is going on. I hope its not sad that my main concern during the visit is my workout schedule. I'll figure something out.

Also, I just wanted to comment as well on your reply to aveggiegirl. I like that you said to make the work out your own. I do tend to rush in the same way sometimes just to keep up with Cathe. Never even thought to push "pause" - go figure. I also wanted to add that now when I workout something you wrote a while back keeps going through my head "make good use of your time and work hard" (or something to that affect). I remind myself often now and push myself to my limits. Before I used to think if I can match Cathe then I was doing good. All this time its no wonder I haven't been seening anymore changes because I was no longer pushing myself. I guess I'll make that a new years resolution "never stop pushing!".

Good morning, all.

This was a GREAT workout!!

BACK
PUB:
Pullovers/Double Arm Rows: 20/25/30/25/20
***I have trouble holding the 30# weight for pullovers.

MM
Underhand Barbell Rows: 25# dumbbells - 2 sets/15 reps
One Arm Rows: 25s - 8 reps 4/2/2 count.
***The last rep on each side was HARD!!!
Pullovers: 25# - 10 reps 4/4 count

BICEP
PUB:
Hammer Curls, Traditional Curls: 10/12/15/12/10
***First time I was able to match Cathe's weight, without additional rest.

MM:
More traditional curls were just not going to happen after PUB. I did 1 set of 12 concentration curls using 12 pound weight on each arm instead.
*** Biceps were screaming at me at the end

I probably need to work on my wrist strength, as my wrists (especially the left) were really bothering me during bicep work.

Hey Everyone!

I did the PUB/MM Back & Bicep mix today! My biceps feel like Popeye's right now! WOW! Really challenging. I did fail on one exercise, which kind of freaked me out. On the pullovers I used a 25 LB dumbell (also do NOT like the barbell), and on the 2nd to last rep, BAM!, my arm could just not pull it back over my head, and it kind of twisted to the side. So glad I didn't injure myself, I could have! I just didn't see that coming....

I did the MM Stretch too, and really found that my legs were tight! Weird, since we didn't do legs this week yet. I think I may try to do some more stretching later...

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve everyone!
cancan.gif

We're just doing a family game & Movie night with our 3 boys, until DH has to go into work for 11p. I'm looking forward to it!!

Chris, I hope your arm is okay.

Loved this workout ~ went as heavy as I could, and I actually matched Cathe's weight with some of the back work. That's a first!

I overestimated myself and was totally confident I could do PUB biceps with 8/10/12s (totally forgetting I had MM biceps waiting for me). Even with a good 60 second rest between sets, I could barely eek out 6 reps with the 12#s. Ah well...it felt good to push.

I should just check in with cardio now ~ I may not be able to type tomorrow. :p Happy New Year!

Good Afternoon!

Today I was supposed to run, but couldn't get to sleep last night until 3am!! so I missed out on running with my friends at 5:30. I did the SJP/SB premix instead. That was a fun one. My 9 year old nephew is here visiting and he tried to do the hi/lo with me!:eek:

Count me in as one who has DOMS in the chest from yesterday. I have done both the PUB and MM dvds recently without being sore, but doing them together is what made the difference I guess. I dread tomorrow's PUB and MM biceps...OW!

Happy New Year All!

Hi everyone! GREAT workout today- loving the PUB/MM combo, although after PUB biceps today, I thought hmmm, Debbie might be crazy. ;)

Back
Pyramid:
Pullovers: 15#/20#/25#/20#/15#
Double Arm Rows: 15's/20's/25's/20's/15's

Muscle Max:
Barbell Rows: 55# 1st set; 50# 2nd set
One Arm Rows: 21.25#
---I tried to do 25# but after Pyramid, NO WAY. I could not do 20 so that was my compromise
Pullovers: 35#
---Should have used 30#- I also had failure and honestly couldn't do the last rep

Biceps
Pyramid:
Hammer Curls: 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's
Traditional DB Curls: 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's
---This section of PUB always kills me

Muscle Max:
Barbell Curls: 30#
---I tried 35# but OMG after PUB biceps
Dumbbell Partial reps: 10's
Then I did concentration curls- 15#- 8 reps, then only 6 on each side

I have to laugh when I look back at my notes from this morning- my handwriting is all jacked up because my arms were shaking. Thanks Debbie, I really love how working out with your rotations (and this group) is making me push myself and continually up my weights when I can.

I just finished up the Step blast/SJP step hi/lo premix. I am one day behind everyone, but I think I need to catch up. All your posts are like reading tomorrow's newspaper and it scares me to bits to hear what I'm in for...in a good way :eek:

Happy New Year everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.