fitness video fanatics site (closing ;- (

Francine

Cathlete
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=72666

Hi everybody,

For those that aren't aware, I'm the owner of the fitnessvideofanatics.com website. I haven't had the time to keep up the maintenance the last year or so, so I've decided to take it down. I wanted to let all of you know so in case you wanted to go download any rotations, or spreadsheets, or whatever. I'll be taking the site down on Monday August 1.

It was fun while it lasted!!

Best,
Liz

I just got an email from my cyber client telling me of this news, wanted to give you all a headsup as well if you needed to download anything(do it now),not sure if Liz posted the news here I didn't see it on page 1 or 2 but hopefully she will reply to my request and I or someone else can take it over to keep it going ;-) Its such a great resourceful site for rotations and workoutsheets! Is there anything like her site anywhere else? If so let me know so we can transfer more info and have it all in one place! If not lets request Liz to pass it on & keep it running ;-)

That's really sad that you have to close it down. I just recently signed up. Maybe someday you can reopen it again.

Running this site takes time & money. She has been paying to keep this up & running out of her own pocket. I think if anyone expects her to keep it running, we should suggest helping her pay for it like WWWendy at VF gets help.

That is really sad. I was just on there yesterday looking at some rotations. I've also gotten some recipes and worksheets of there. I really wish it wouldn't close!

kim

I offered to buy it off of her and pay to keep it running, but she never returned ANY of my messages or phone calls! We use to stay in touch via email/phone calls than she faded out one me this past year, not sure what happened (sent her a concerned email/phone call and all but NOTHING) hmmm Thats a shame, I hope she and family are well and as far as her website goes I'd be happy to keep it going since soo many people enjoy it, (including me ;-0 )
if anyone personally knows Liz, please let her know I'm interested in taking it over,paying for it and updating it!

1Hotbikerchick are you a fellow cc 'er ;-)

Hey fitness friends,
Just want to update you all. I posted this on the vf link from above)

woohoo soo good to hear there are others that want to keep the site thriving as much as I do! Liz the offer is still there girlfriend, you know I don't know squat about the techno stuff ;-) but have a web designer who is ready to do it for us if this is indeed an option! (hope soo,fingers crossed,don't wanna see it shut down,This sight is one of a kind and VERY RESOURCEFUL! (here's my email contact info [email protected] once you email me I'll resend you my phone fax #s so we can chat about this)

wow, howabout that, perfect timing, I was posting on this site my reply to Liz and my friend called me with Keiths #,(hey i was on a mission once I heard the news I called out the big guns to hunt down a # for me and luckily my bud came through for me) so I called Keith and we chatted(great chat btw ;-), from my conversation with him, I understand that there are a bunch of unused features and the site needs to be downsized,streamlined and rebuilt(have no clue what all that means but do know that theres a need to know what stays and what goes! The rotations are a hit, and I aslo suggested doing a challenge index(similiar to public rotations) where people post their challenges and there can be a direct link to the main site(s) of that challenge to provid for easy access & reference! For example we do a cc challenge on the forum as well as Ooty doing hers here so there will be 2 links provided for the challneges(again just a suggestion I made) I for one love the challenges and the accountability as well as the friendships and motivations! But if it's not something in demand than it don;t happen, I guess what I would like to see and am getting at, is what do YOU all recommend to stay or go! From my undertsanding also the calender is not used much and more of a pin in the butt(I suggested possibly a monthly calender to be printed or something of that nature-but hey who knows now that the site is on the fence maybe more people will say what they want I HOPE SO, please talk to me fitness friends so I can pass it on,I want to read in big letters BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND ;-)
I appreciate all your feeedback so I can forward this to Keith who will forward this to Liz(as well as I will) and hopefully an agreement will be made if they want to maintain it or they can pass it on to me(who will pay a webdesigner and keep it updated) or to someone else who wants it!

Hmmm there was something else I wanted to add but will add later when I remember! I want to post this info on other sites as well to get more feedback, so if you have a website you visit could you kindly pass this info on to let others know we want to save this site(or maintain it) as well as find out what everyone wants to stay!
Thanks for your time and feedback!
Ps is there a link exchange on cathe for FVF? Do you think it be a good idea to have other fitness sites have alink to FVF to promote it's resources as well?

Love to hear from you all,TIA

Francine-
I think you have some awesome ideas. I noticed that the calender only mentioned birthdays. Maybe the first of every month the homepage can say "Birthdays this month" and then list them. I have been looking at the rotations and noticed that those posts go back pretty far. The rotation I needed and found was in 2001 or 2002. I notice that they have an OT (off topic) rule.

I would love for this site to remain open. I use it primarily for worksheets and rotations. Thanks for doing this, Francine!

Francine,

You can get a site running yourself... just have to 'start over'. You could down load all the information you need from fitness fanatics website (on your computer, not print out), and do a 'cut and paste' to your new site (no need to type all the info). I don't think anybody has proprietary information on these rotations, recipes, etc. I really don't think it will be that hard, if done right. You can always hire somebody to start it for you, but later on, for adding stuff (i.e. rotation, recipes, spreadsheet), it will be simple, if done correctly. Of course, keeping a site costs money, usually based on the number of views.

Francine,
Please let us all know when you do set up a site. It has been a great resource. I really loved downloading the rotations and changing them with the mood of the day.

Robin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.