FITNESS NOT FACEBOOK: JUNE

Another goodie by Bob Harper down in the books. I did Body Rev Cardio Conditioning. I think what I'm liking about BH right now is that he's pushing me past my comfort zone.

Irongrl...the time trial ride, do you ride as fast as you can each time to try to beat your personal best?

Hello!! Yesterday was STS M2 M3 Ch,SH,&TR. I'm not loving the heavy chest flys. I'm up to 20# dumbells and it is not at all nice to my shoulder joint :mad: I will not be using more than 15# in the future with that move. I also affects my shoulder work in the next section :mad::mad:

Today was a spinning endurance ride. I cannot express how much I love this workout. It's not designed to be a kill me now workout. Just a nice steady state ride with some effort but not killer. It's a nice break in the week.

Not sure what my double will be tonight. Some type of HC and maybe step....hmmmmm. So many choices :D

Hi All!
This morning I was feeling the effects of yesterday's 2 kick boxing workouts! I did Hiit 40/20 then abs weights and plates. I really felt my core work! I have been missing upper body heavy weights since starting Rock Bottoms, so, inspired by Judy, I did some Xtrain timesaver premixes (CBS and Bis and Tris). Then Lastics - it really detangles my muscles.
Stacy - you'll love the BH core dvd. He doesn't always do all excercises evenly on both sides, though :mad: The Russian dancer moves kill me....and then the floor work right at the end wipes me out! I haven't tried his body rev cardio conditoning, but am planning his kettlebell sculpted body this weekend.
Toni - is HC a bit like STS abs with stability ball, and abs with plates? I keep wondering about getting it - I love sandra's look. (Is that a valid reason for buying something? :confused:)
Keep it up everyone!
Justine

Justine, Body Rev Cardio Conditioning actually contains alot of swings, Bob uses dumbells but if using kettlebells, this workout could almost be classified as kb workout! I'm exited to get the core workout in the mail! I love one of BH's comments in this workout...."a 10 minute workout is a warmup", then when he was talking about comments he's heard over the years such as "I cant do it anymore", Bob says "well sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do it". I love his to the point attitude!

In Ultimate Cardio Body, I knew I'd be in for something good when the workout contains an exercise called "Ass Burners" ;)

Hi All,

This morning I did Spinervals 39.0, Aero Base Builder. Tonight I did X-Train Core 1 & 2.

Stacy-yes, when I do time trial rides I do try to go as hard as I can and do a little better than I did before. Once a week is probably the most I would do one of those.

I'm going to have to do one of the Bob Harper workouts again. Maybe I'll do Pure Burn Super Strength this weekend.

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Judy

Good morning, Friday is my rest day.

Going out of town this weekend, hope to get a quick workout in before I leave and will take an UY workout with me for Sunday, but hard to workout in a houseful of relatives, we'll see if I can sneak it in very early in the morning before the natives get restless!

I'll check back Sunday night, have a good weekend everyone!

Walk, Bob Harper Kettlebell Sculpted Body, Bonus Butt work out, and I'll do some yoga later. (Stacy - I hear you about the older guy in the dvd being more flexible - I can't bear to watch how bendy some of them are :( )
I was pretty chuffed about how easy I found the kettlebell workout - I'm MUCH stronger since starting Cathe's w/os. I used to have to switch to lighter weights for bicep curls, now I can do them with my kettlebell. :D
Judy - would love to hear how you find Pure Burn Super Strength. I used to rank that as the toughest dvd I owned. :eek:
Have a great w/e all - enjoy your trip Stacy,
Justine

This morning was Plyo Legs D1 and this evening was SuperCuts + Core 1.

I love me some SuperCuts!! I haven't done it in forever. And I must say that STS and spinning has taken that workout to the bottom of the intermediate scale for me :cool: I've always considered it leg friendly(anything that doesn't jump in my book is though) and the weights are pretty light so it's really easy to do each move. In the past, the cumulative effect of it would really add up. But now that have have M1 and 6-7 weeks of spinning under my belt, my endurance has come a really long way....whoot whoot!! And it's a good thing too cause the eating was totally not clean today. Needed that extra workout to balance out that Pepsi I drank today :eek::eek::eek:

Atomp, have you the Supercuts Extreme premix?? It definitely kicks things up a notch.

I'm off to do my new BH workout, got in the mail yesterday, yay! Then heading out of town.
"See" you later!

Toni - well done on the Supercuts - very glad to hear all the work has paid off.
I tried STS Plyo Legs for the first time today. Was pleasantly surprised by my efforts! Tabatacise has paid off :D I probably wasn't quite as heavy on the weights as I should have been - I'm not done with my 1RM testing yet.
I did Kick Punch Crunch as well. I find it not too difficult - except for one sequence where you can't see what they're doing for the first few reps and I get really confused. Easily done :eek:
I'm actually enjoying Rock Bottoms. It's very well thought out - gets the lower body from all angles.
I'm supposed to be doing Imax2 tomorrow, but I don't have it. It's step, isn't it? Any suggestions for substitution welcome ( I don't own ANY step dvds. I just can't co-ordinate....)
Judy - have you done the Bob Harper? Curious to know what you think after all your spinning.
Speak soon,
Justine

Hi All,
I've gotten a little bit behind in my workouts due to a family issue.

This morning I did Ab Circuits "No Equipment Abs". That is a pretty challenging core workout!

Toni-Super Cuts is probably the next one I will get. Sounds like a good one!
Great job on getting stronger too! I can't wait to get into STS and build more strength. Spinning is great too, I can't get enough of that:eek:

Justine-It sounds like you are getting some intense training in too! Way to go! I have the BH Pure Burn Super Strength dvd ready to do, hoping to get it done tomorrow or Monday.

Almost forgot-my Troy Lite Barbell set arrived today!

Take care,

Judy

Last edited:
Hi everybody, didn't post last week, just got busy and forgot. I've been in a fitness rut lately :-{. I went outside and jogged twice last week. Pretty sad workout week. Need to figure out a plan soon. Wish Cathes new workouts were here already!
Amy

There's nothing like spending a weekend with my out-of-shape, junk food eating, extremely unhealthy family to remind me of my genetic "potential" if I dont start eating a clearn diet! Yowza. I love my family, but it's a very toxic environment and very sad.

Weight this Monday morning is 135.4 lb basically no progress there, not surprising, diet has not been good.

This week I have a few 7am-9pm days at work with meetings etc and I'm working all weekend, so I thought this will be a good week to focus more on cleaning up my diet. I'll get in a workout when I can but that won't be top priority this week due to many time constraints.

I'm going on vacation in 8 weeks, and I know I wont be at my goal weight of 120 lbs but I certainly dont want to be at THIS weight in my vaca pics :(

I'll check back later!

Hi All,

Yesterday I was able to get in a 2 mile walk and a short outdoor bike ride. Then I did X-Train Chest, Back & Shoulders with the bonus Core 1.

I didn't get to do the Bob Harper workout like I planned, but hopefully this week.

Stacy-those long work days can be so stressful! That doesn't sound like fun at all:(
I hope you have some time for yourself too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Judy

Hi all!
Stacy - good on you for recognising that you want to break away from how people around you live their lives. Daring to break the mould is the hardest bit (I've been there :mad: ). A week focussing on your diet with no worrying about workouts is probably the best thing you can do. I gave up sugar a while ago, and it has been the single best thing I've ever done for my body. Have you read this blogger?
Welcome to my "I Quit Sugar" ebook: quit the white stuff in 8 weeks... | Sarah Wilson
I found the book a huge help.
Amy - I hear you about wanting the new w/os. Nothing like a new routine to get excited about.
I was pretty tired yesterday, but managed LIS Supersets with the step bonus, and the 300 walking lunges. Then this morning it was STS Total Body. It's made me sooooo tired and hungry. I'll get some yoga in later (UY should be clearing customs this week - yipppeee).
Judy - you seem to be doing well. How's the new barbell? Have you done some 1RM testing?
Hope everyone has a great week.
Justine

Justine, thanks for the link to the book. I bought the Kindle version, it was cheaper than the e-book.

Hi All,
Today it was so nice out I decided to go for a walk before work. I did a little over 8 miles and was out for 2 hours and 20 minutes. I jogged probably 3 miles out of the 8 so I was able to get my heart rate up. It just felt so good to be outside!

Justine- I love the Troy Barbell set! I've only done a couple of 1 RMs:eek: I need to get busy with that!

Judy

Irongrl, glad you're liking your barbell! I hear ya on getting outside, it really makes a difference. Unfortunately I have to be at work by 7am which doesnt leave much time for morning workouts :( Other than not having an income I'd be in much better shape if I didnt work, but then how would I afford all my Cathe dvds! ;)

I've been feeling pretty sad about my weight, I need a tough workout today to get the anti-depression endorphins going. Thinking about CrossFire, To The Max or Pure Burn Super Strength...or maybe a jog on the treadmill (which is tough for me!) I'll report back!

I popped in CF but felt really sluggish, sometimes I know I can muster past it but today wasn feeling it. I hopped on the treadmill instead and did a 3 mile varying incline power walk, definitely sweated alot but didnt feel as if I'd injure myself with sluggish jumping! I then did Bob Harper's 10 min workout on the Totally Ripped Core dvd, probably wont do this one too often or will do it combined with other ab routines, by itself was barely intermediate.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.