Fitness Freak... help please~smile~

Mom25

I have been reading all of your posts, but am still unsure of what to do with my situation and would love your opinion.

Here is the deal: I am 5'4 and weigh 165 pounds. I have 5 children and really put on the weight with my last child. The weight is mainly in my hips, tummy...were talking I "look" 5 months preggo here!:rolleyes::confused: My arms have some flab on them too:p Of course I feel the need to go do cardio ALL THE TIME, but am wondering if I am shooting myself in the foot?? I want to lose weight, and have nice definition in my arms and legs. I have just started doing the Gym Style series and LOVE IT, and have started running with hills and intervals thrown in about 3-4 days a week. Am I doing too much cardio? Is the Gym Style series what I need at this point?

What do you recommend?

I am working on cleaning up my diet and just starting keeping track of it on FitDay. I am not going over 1400 calories at this point. I also give myself a free day... or meal.

Thanks Fitness Freak!!

Jennifer

Jennifer, how old are you?

1400 calories is not enough calories for you, especially if you work out 5 to 6 days a week.

Do you have any idea what body type you are? Mesomorph, ectomorph or endomorph? This will help me let you know what kind of training you need.

**Meso's gain muscle quickly and lose fat quickly.
**Endo's can gain weight at a blink of an eye.
**Ecto's have a hard time gaining weight and muscle.

Which describes you the best?

:confused:Hi,

I will be 37 in October. I have gained most of my weight with the last pregnancy which was 2 years ago in October. I consider myself an endo. I have always struggled with my weight. I was able to get it under control for the most part, but am wanting to actually eat this time;) I was wondering if 1400 cals may be too low! I am so busy with my kiddo's... who are 13, 12, 9, 4 and almost 2. There is always some type of activity going on... not to mention that my 2yo is a boy who can sometimes be found on top of a fridge!!

I have really watched my eating the past 2 weeks and have not gone over 14oo cals at all. I have lost a bit of weight, but am REALLY tired and am finding that I am losing the intensity of my workouts.

Thanks for your help:)
Jennifer

Hang in there

I don't know how long you"ve been doing it for but it took me about four months of exersize until i seen a change. that is without changing my diet. so keep it up and you'll make it.

Jennifer,
With the info you gave me you are not eating enough. If you are exercising 5-6 days a week you need to eat 2317 calories to maintain your current weight. To lose, you need to eat between 1622-1854 calories. I would eat 1800 calories on weight training days and 1622-1700 on cardio days.

I think you would benefit best for now with this type of rotation:

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236858

Try it for the four weeks and see how your body responds to it. Eat clean and stay within your calorie range.

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks. I will do the rotation, up my calories with clean eating and let you know how I do:D

Thank you!!
Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.