Fit Tower assembly question

DirtDiva

Cathlete
I haven't received my Tower yet, so I'm curious if I can omit one part of the Tower when assembling it. I am referring to the stabilizer bars or strips that are on the bottom and span to each leg, I am assuming this is for added rigidity, but have a couple of reasons why I don't want to use them.

Do I have to attached these?

It would be very dangerous not to use these. Not to mention the barre probably would not operate smoothly. So we strongly recommend not eliminating the stabilizer bars.

I have a separate but related question...

The movable bar on my recently purchased Fit Tower doesn't move smoothly up and down. One side seems okay, but the other gets stuck.

Before I contact the manufacturer, might you have any tips on how to correct this? (I don't know if the bar is defective or just needs to be loosened).

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

Hi Shelbygirl, I would first suggest you make sure you put the unit together correctly and that nothing is installed upside-down. Then by all means contact Fit Tower for further help and assistance.

Shelbygirl, I have experienced what you are talking about. I have 2 FitTowers and have trouble with the bar(s) moving Smoothly sometimes. On the 1st tower, I had a problem with one side hooking in correctly and the
Company sent me another bar which worked better...what I have found on getting it to move smoothly (both sides)
Is when you go to move it either Up or down, press in on the clip releases very lightly and basically hold it very
Lightly when you move it and that seems to help. I think, in my case, when I go to move it, I am holding and
Pressing in too tightly to move it and might be pressing in on one side more than the other, if that makes any
Sense :).. Then when you get it hooked in the correct holes, then press down and in harder to make sure it is locked
In and secure...any way, just a little tip you might try that does help me. Good luck to ya'

I just assembled my Fit Tower. First off, this came extremely well-packed. It took WAY longer for me to *un-pack* it then to put it together. The paint job is superb, not one scratch or bubble and the welds are very well done. The padded bar moves up and down smoothly, I have no problems here at all. I'm impressed with the barbell clips and how easy it is to move them where-ever also. That was a big selling point for me, considering I have been looking for a simple rack system for my bench to perform low weight, high rep workouts. I'm thinking of getting another pair, because I have two barbells that I originally bought for Pyramids, I think I'm getting lazy in my older age (or smarter?). For those hesitating on *quality* this is worth the price, considering it also comes with a decent yoga mat, 3 workouts and the bands. I would pay for this just for the ability of the dumbell work though and it totally passes my super-critical nature of anything I buy for my gym.

I have a separate but related question...

The movable bar on my recently purchased Fit Tower doesn't move smoothly up and down. One side seems okay, but the other gets stuck.

Before I contact the manufacturer, might you have any tips on how to correct this? (I don't know if the bar is defective or just needs to be loosened).

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

Hi Shelbygirl,

I had this problem when I got my FT last year. I tried to work with it but I thought it might prove hazardous with loaded bar or when putting my body weight on it, like for push ups. I checked the "catches" on both sides of the bar to compare. The spring on the side that didn't work properly was bunched up (i.e., coiled onto itself). I was sort of irritated about it at the time since I was thinking they might have me repack the tower and since it back for a replacement. Nah, I called them and they sent out a replacement bar.

The only problem I had with the replacement process, was that they shipped it using UPS "Mail Innovations" which uses UPS (for ground shipping) and USPS (for final delivery). Customer Service said it would take a few days. I called them after a week because the tracking number was useless (did not have updated or valid information). After another week, I called back and they shipped a replacement "second day". I NEVER got the one send via UPS Mail Innovations. I learned later that there are a lot of delays associated with that shipping method and it is far from an aberration that my package got lost.

You can always use the bar you have until the replacement comes. Its better to do it now while it's still under warranty. If the bar gets worse to the point of becoming unusable in a few months, you will have to buy the replacement part yourself and pay shipping costs.

Anyone buying the FT should put it together as soon as they can and test it out. That adjustable bar seems to be the part most likely to have a flaw. Everyone might as well take advantage of the warranty and get it replaced if they have any issues.

HTH,

Fitness Friend,

Teals

The paint job is superb, not one scratch or bubble and the welds are very well done. The padded bar moves up and down smoothly, I have no problems here at all. I'm impressed with the barbell clips and how easy it is to move them where-ever also. That was a big selling point for me, considering I have been looking for a simple rack system for my bench to perform low weight, high rep workouts.

I like the paint job a lot...It gives the unit a nice sleeky look. The barbell is also a selling point for me.
I love the versality the padded bar offer. I am happy I have spent to ship it all the way to Europe.

Can anyone who has used the tower for a while recommend a spray for the bar.
Mine work fine. It glides without any issue but would like a spray for maintenance.

Thanks Aqua Girl and Teals for your replies. Aqua Girl, I'll try your suggestion...to press lightly and see how that goes. One of the springs does look sketchy, though, so like Teals, I might need to ask for a replacement. I did just contact customer service and they said to "manually try to loosen" the side that is sticking. Not sure yet what that means, but I'll take a look when I get home later and hope for the best.

Shelbygirl

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.