First Day of School...Let's share pics

neicebug

Cathlete
Hello, all! :)

This morning has been a big trial for me and I am actually still shaking from anxiety! :eek: Today was Cecily's first day of Kindergarten and I am just a mess! And to top it off, my house is being shown by a real estate agent at noon...just more anxiety! Ha!

So, I was thinkin'...many of us have little ones who are returning or starting school (or pre-school) and maybe we can share our pics. I think these will be some of my most treasured pictures. The first one is of our home visit on Monday and the last one is Cecily in her classroom. There were many many moments I thought I might lose it and start to cry, but somehow I managed to compose myself (at least on the outside).

xoxo, Denise

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1597/6814918/17679180/275493854.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1597/6814918/17679180/275493826.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1597/6814918/17679180/275493831.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1597/6814918/17679180/275493778.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1597/6814918/17679180/275493771.jpg

Denise,

I don't have pic. to share, my kids are 18 and 21 years old( both in college)! I enjoyed your pic! Your little one is so cute! Nice memories! Good luck with your house today!
It was nice meeting you on the RT!

Belinda

Great pics, Denise!!! You know I'm nervous, too. I hope to be back next Thursday to show my back to school pics. I'll have some of the 5-year old starting Kindergarten and then soon after pics of the 2-year old starting nursery school!

[font face="palatino linotype" font color=purple font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

I have enjoyed seeing our friends' first day of school pics this week so I'll post on this thread! It's such an exciting time of the year!

No tearful moments or anxiety from mom or DD, just excitement. It's helped that DD has attended 2 years of preschool to prepare for this moment. Since the beginning of summer she's been proudly saying "I'm going to school 5 days a week like daddy goes to work!"

Here's mine DD5 first day of Kindergarten:
IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

My DD(4) is in pre-K this year and I didn't even remember to take a picture on the first day, nor did I take one the first day of preschool last year.

<-----------Bad mom.

Lori

Here are some pictures of my kids from Monday on their first day of school. My daughter Mackenzie started Kindergarden and my son Kyle started Pre-K. I cried on the way home after dropping them off and started bawling when I got home. I couldn't help it. At that moment I realized how grown up they are and I don't have babies anymore. I can't believe how fast they have grown.;(

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

Someone please help. I can't figure out how to post these pictures. I am using photobucket. Thanks!

Edited to add: OOps, I figured it out!

The pics of your children are beautiful! My son is 21 and in college, so I don't have any to share, but I certainly enjoyed looking at yours.

~~Rory~~

Aww, thanks for sharing the pictures everyone, very cute. My kids don't start till Sept 5th so will try and share pictures then.
My kids are in Grade 2 and 5 this year so hopefully I'm past the tears. I sure remember crying on the first day of Kindergarten though. Kim

Hi, Kathy!

I love these pics, your little girl is soooo precious! She looks just like you! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :) :)

I really thought that Cecily going to day care and preschool since she was 5 months would make it easier for me too. There was something about going into that big school that made me so fearful and intimidated. :-( But, I am soooo happy for you and other mothers who do get those same butterflies in their tummy...I wish I were braver! Maybe for Tucker I will be...or maybe I will be worse.

xoxo, Denise :)

Hello, Toni!!!

Thanks for sharing!!! These pictures are just stunning! Your children are beautiful...I am very envious of that gorgeous brown skin and dark hair/eyes!

I love their smiles too! You certainly have much to be proud of here.

I think Kyle and Mackenzie are the same age mine are...5 & 3? Mine are 21 months apart.

Hello, Belinda!

I am sure that you have many great first day pics!!! Your Alesia is a beautiful girl! Can you imagine the day that she is sending her little ones off to school?? Time FLIES! :)

It was a pleasure to meet both of you guys too on the RT! I hope to be reunited next year!

Lori,

You are being too hard on yourself! I don't think I took one of the first day of pre-k either.

I have been very bad in the respect of not getting pics developed...since 4/06! I have much catching up to do - not to mention $ to shell out! Ha!

Kim,

Thanks for sharing that you cried too...I am really feeling inadequate in this area! There is something about moving a child into a different developmental area. I remember when Cecily moved out of the "baby" room into the "toddler" room at daycare, I lost it on the ride to work after I dropped her off! I called my husband and I was sobbing saying, "She's not a baby anymore"...I got pregnant soon after that! Haha! ;-)

Please post some pics of your little ones after 9/5...we would love to see them!

Rory,

I am happy that you enjoyed them! I am sure that you have many fond memories of first days of your son. I can still visualize my first day pic going to Kindergarten with my Nap Mat and my necklace around my neck! :) For some reason, Cecily's school already has the mats, so I didn't have to buy one for her to take? Odd?

>Hi, Kathy!
>
>I love these pics, your little girl is soooo precious! She
>looks just like you! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :) :)
>
>I really thought that Cecily going to day care and preschool
>since she was 5 months would make it easier for me too. There
>was something about going into that big school that made me so
>fearful and intimidated. :-( But, I am soooo happy for you
>and other mothers who do get those same butterflies in their
>tummy...I wish I were braver! Maybe for Tucker I will be...or
>maybe I will be worse.
>
>xoxo, Denise :)

Thanks for the kind words Denise. You've got a great looking family judging from your picture trail!
Maybe I'll feel differently when DS4 goes on his 1st day of Kindergarten next year. I always regard him as my baby even as he reaches the milestones my DD had reached and I regard her as my big girl.

DS4: He'll start Pre-K 4 in 2 wks
IMG_0624.jpg

Denise,

Thank you for your kind words. My kids are 5 and 4. They are 15 months apart. My daughter will be 6 on Sept. 29 and my son will be 5 on Dec. 25. Thanks again! Your kids look so happy. I bet your daughter loves school with that big ole smile. And I know someone said this a while back but wow does your husband look like Lance Armstrong!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.