First couple days at NJ Children's Hospital

pjlippert

Cathlete
Phew!! Not even Cathe's workouts could have prepared me for this!! First two days at Nat Jewish to get my son's health in order have been quite trying, but it is worth it already since his eczema (which is one of the more severe cases they've seen) is already looking MUCH better thanks to the incredible medical team here. Several times daily we do the "soak and seal" technique. He's getting over having people inspecting his body several times a day. The blood draw this morning was difficult to say the least, but they got it done. Next challenge is the skin/scratch test this afternoon for food allergies- tomorrow is environmental.... UGH!!

They have gotten to experience first hand the incredible difference in his personality and self control when not on the ADHD patch. Once again, the amazing docs & pharmacist located a liquid oral version for him to take- no more nasty patch marks.

The Pediatric Unit staff are all TOP NOTCH!! The beds suck, but we get to go to the hotel tonight... he has some "sleepy" medicine help him relax.

I'll keep you updated as I can and appreciate sincerely the prayers and encouragement. My son will soon be healthy and feel more normal. And we will start to live a more normal life as well... wonder what that is like!! :eek:

Hugs,
Pam

Sounds like things are getting better, and that's great! You are clearly a great mom, and a very strong woman! Good luck with the rest of the treatments.

So happy to hear that his condition is improving and hope they find the cause of his eczema. Continued success with the treatments. :)

Glad to hear he is getting some relief.....and you too.:) There's nothing worse than having to see your child suffer. I hope this whole process concludes quickly and you can all get home and relax. Sending healing vibes your way...........

Pam

I'm so happy that they're making such quick progress with him! This sounds so great! I hope he continues to get better! The hardest part is always getting all the diagnoses down and, then matching up what he can and can't take for everything.

Glad to hear it's going well! Hope the two of you got some good sleep last night!

Continuing to send prayers and positive, healing energy to you and your son!

((((((((Hugs Pam and Randy))))))))))....I so feel for you Pam. It is so hard to have to watch our children suffer. I'm glad that there is at least some improvement and I pray for the day that Randy no longer has to experience any suffering with his condition. Stay strong mom!!!!

Pam, (((hugs))). Hang in there! Sounds like things are going well.

My son also has pretty bad eczema, mostly on his legs. It is very frustrating. I am curious to see if allergies are the cause for your son. I was thinking of having my son tested also.

(((hugs)))

Pam,

As someone who works in a pediatric hosptial, I have a lot of compassion for what the kids and parents have to go through. So glad you are having a great experience and best wishes for your son getting better and you ALL having a better life! :D

Hi Ellesan!

Thank you VERY much!! The team is sooo supportive and caring. He has a sticker charts which gets generously filled up for all of his "small goals" and he earns prizes. His successes may seem small to us adults but it matters all the world for the precious children!

I have to say that God is working his magic all over this. We are at home tonight... ahhhh, my own bed! So, I picked up my furry son at Camp Bow-wow and got into a conversation with the gal at the front desk and her nephew has severe skin issues as well. She's going to forward some info about a camp for kids with special skin needs!!!! :D What a blessing!! Randy will get to go to a camp and meet with and interact with kids who have the same and even more severe skin conditions. Unfortunately because of his MRSA diagnosis he will miss out at National Jewish in support groups and art therapy.

My wonderful son is sooo strong and handling these trials and Jonah days with the strength and courage of 10 military forces!! The really cute friendly doctors and nurses help with that motivation! ;):rolleyes::D

Everybody is loving all over him and continue to encourage him!! And I deeply and sincerely thank this amazing Cathe group for your continued prayers, love, support and encouragement!! You give me strength beyond measure!!

Lots of love and hugs to this wonderful community and THANK YOU CATHE for bringing this incredibly supportive site to ALL of us!

Pam

Hi Pam,
I'm so glad to hear these successes for your wonderful son and that you are all comfortable now at home with your furry son :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.