FINALLY Got my belly button pierced

robyn6002

Cathlete
Ok.. it took another 3 months since I was talking to you guys about it... but I got it done on Saturday. I LOVE it. Yes I'm doing the 2 times a day antibacterial soap. The no sleeping on my stomach is the only problem but other than that it's great! I feel like with all the working out I deserve it and as a Mom it's really nice to do something fun for me!!!

The place was great..(yes the gloves, single needle) interesting the said it would take like 9 plus months to really heal. THey also suggested taking zinc - so I'm doing that. Someone suggested salt water and vitamin E. I'll try that.

It didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. I wear really low rise jeans all the time but yes picking up a dropped pen can hurt!!

Anyhow I'm really happy with it. I've got a really wide range of friends from 20's-late 40's. I've only told a few and shown just a few good freinds (who were all kind of shocked) but when they saw it they really liked! Not that I did it for them but it did make me feel good.

Anyhow thanks for your advice back in August!

Hi Robyn,

Well done ! That is great - I wish I could find my belly button under all the rolls of flab (PLANKS ARE MY FRIEND :D) but I am working on it, and I think when it is flatter, and toned, I may have to get mine done too. But 9 months to heal ? Blimey ! That is quite a long time. Did it hurt ?

I followed through an ambition of mine last week, I had a tattoo done (finally, after years of wanting one) on my lower leg above my right ankle. I love it ! And I am now planning my next one for next Summer ! :)

Anna

Good luck with your navel piercing. I got mine done in July and it is pretty much healed now and I can wear all of my pants, low and higher rise. I still make sure to clean it in the shower but it won't be long before that tender feeling subsides for you.

I really like mine and I am going to be 40 in June so you go girl.

Kim

Congratulations! I have the same problem that another poster mentioned - can't find my belly button for another 15 lbs! I think belly button piercings are so cool. Hope it heals quickly and I bet you look great with a flat stomach and some shiny gold to go along with it!
Mommies should take the time to do special things for themselves (like you said) because we spend so much time making everybody else feel special and can get burned out quickly!
Lisa

Congratulations Robyn! I had mine done almost 2 years ago. I love it! When they say it will take 9 months to heal, what they mean is before you can take the ring out without worrying about closure right away. You may have some oozing for about a month but unless it's "greenish" you don't need to worry about it. You'll be able to change the ring in about 6 weeks.

A bonus I didn't expect, DH found it very sexy! You know where that leads....

Congratulations! That is really awesome! I envy you. I have been wanting to do that for over a year but I have never thought that I was in good enough shape to do it. Maybe after I lose 10 pounds I will. I would like to get one maybe the beginning of next year. That would floor my friends and coworkers. My coworkers would definitely be in shock.

You go girl!!

Yeah for you Robyn!! I had mine done in April and I still love it! It does take forever to really heal to the point where you no longer even think about it....But I am still real careful about cleaning it, and I now can change barbells like a pro. I just have really bad luck with the top balls on the barbell, I'm always losing them! The salt water soaks really help the healing and I still take the zinc, and a side benefit is that I have yet to have a cold(knock on wood)!! And I don't care how old you are...it is great to do something just for you!! I am glad you like it and good luck! Donna.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.