Favorite upper body premixes??

lainabaina

Cathlete
I start a 12 week trg plan in a month for an endurance mtn bike race so that means no legs weight trg. Pls share your fave UB workouts. I have: STS, PP, MM, PUB, GS, SS, HR, STSTB, 4DS, ME, SH, PH.

My favorite UB premix is from 4Day Split. It is called "All Upper" on Disc A. MM Upper is also nice. I add in the MM Abs at the end. My go to Upper Body Workout is still PUB. Good luck training. Mountain Bike racing sounds intense but very exciting and fun. Peggy

Whenever i'm wanting an upper body only workout I almost ALWAYS reach for PUB. I love love love that workout! I second the UB only premix from 4DS. It's slightly longer than PUB (maybe 10 extra minutes) but I really enjoy it as well. I also really like the gym style upper body workouts - very challenging but very effective!

You also may want to check out the PP & SS Upper Body Premixes. I did PP Upper Body (2 sets) premix a few weeks ago. I woke up the next day surprisingly sore. Peggy

thanks girls! I will try all of these, and have to agree I love PUB. I like when Cathe says she's having an outer body experience during the biceps, LOL!

have done the MM one & do like it, but I only recently got 4DS so will look forward to that one. i didn't even think of Body Max 2, but will try that one also.

I am looking forward to starting a (cycling) training plan, finally. I don't mind skipping leg workouts for a while and I can still do floorwork & firewalkers to complement the cycling workouts. I have been having so much fun doing all my new DVDs that I haven't been so eager to start my training.

Mtn biking is my first love & while I am usually not the fastest, I enjoy the events & the people, we always have a good time whether it's a race or a group ride. it makes me feel like a kid and we have been known to yell out a big "woo-HOO" on a fast, technical descent. and you can't beat enjoying nature!

My favorites are two you dont have......CTX Upper Body Split and Double Upper Body premix from Body Max 2.

UB workouts

Love PUB full length and premix. I recently did the UB premix on the Hi Reps DVD and noticed the back section wasn't included? Has anyone noticed that or is my DVD being weird, lol.

Love PUB full length and premix. I recently did the UB premix on the Hi Reps DVD and noticed the back section wasn't included? Has anyone noticed that or is my DVD being weird, lol.
i think I saw that mentioned somewhere else, yeah that's weird. i really like to do HR in the original format, haven't tried any of the premixes...yet.

I love the CTX upper body disc. It's a complete and exhausting workout. Not short but works great.

I love PUB for variety but I find it hard to grow with.

I also like Supersets. I usually do the premix here you do the whole thing through twice, but for your purposes, the upper body through twice would be ideal.

I have not really explored premixes all that much, have to confess.

Clare

just did the All Upper Body premix from 4DS again. I am really loving that one! still do PUB, too, and have done the BM2 dbl upper body & like that one, too.

still need to try the PP & SS premixes suggested. thanks again for the suggestions!

What's PP? I looked at the list of DVDs and cannot seem to find it.. Am concentrating on UB too, so this helps me a lot!

Tks,
WC

On High Reps, if you do the UB first premix and just stop it when it comes to LB, you get back and all the rest of the UB. I love, love, love that routine. I think it's my favorite. I did miss the back in the UB premix, so try the UB first premix.

STS Upper Body W/O

I saw a post on here about an Upper Body Premix using STS. I wish I knew who is was so I could give credit where credit is due. (maybe do a search for it). I copied what she used, and although I have not done it yet, it looks great! She did Meso 2 Disc 22 and Meso 2 Disc 24 (omitting all pushups/tricep pushups and chin ups). They are the shortest ones and also had the drop sets.

LMK what you think. I have not done STS yet, so I would like to hear what you think about this Upper Body Option.

Thank you to whoever shared this Upper Body w/o. :D

Kristy.

That was me Kristy and you're welcome! ;)

And exercise-lover, thanks for the idea to do the UB premix first option on HR. I was bummed when I got to the end of the UB premix and there was no back section! (Not that I couldnt just add it on but that just takes sooooo much time, hehe)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.