Extreme Urban Rebounding

I used to have a good trampoline but we got rid of it cause we left out in the rain:eek: Sigh, so now I wish I had it back of course.:rolleyes:

I bet that would feel good on your knees.

Is anybody doing this?

Alisha

Thank you!! I have one that I purchased years ago but seldom use because I didn't particularly care for the instructors. They are all on vhs, that sort of lets you know how old they are!!

I've been rebounding about 5-6 days a week for about 2 months, usually about 30 minutes, sometimes longer. My rebounder sat in the basement for about 2 years, collecting dust, glad I left it there. When I first got it I was pretty much completely out of shape & it hurt my knees then, see what a year & a half of stepping with Cathe will do.:)

I think it's really good for balance and has a totally different effect than traditional cardio, pretty sure recovery is better, quicker for strength conditioning, or maybe it just seems that way. Does anyone know how long these are? Could not find that on the website. Amy Bento looks tough! I'm probably not going to be jumping on mine from the floor & off again, yikes, I could break something important.:eek:

For anyone that can answer...

Do you get a similar calorie burn when doing your workouts on a rebounder as you do when doing any other kind of cardio dvds?

Is balancing on this a big challenge or do you get used to it pretty quickly?

Thanks!

For anyone that can answer...

Do you get a similar calorie burn when doing your workouts on a rebounder as you do when doing any other kind of cardio dvds?

Is balancing on this a big challenge or do you get used to it pretty quickly?

Thanks!

1) I don't wear HRM when rebounding, I go by perceived exertion & time. I think it's a good cardio workout as good as step in less time, I work up a good sweat, but it doesn't feel like I'm working that hard, and I'm not completely exhausted when I'm done.

2) It's like stepping I suppose, you get oriented pretty quick, it's rather easy to stop if you start feeling like your going to fall. Like I said before, I probably won't jump on and off though.:)

1) I don't wear HRM when rebounding, I go by perceived exertion & time. I think it's a good cardio workout as good as step in less time, I work up a good sweat, but it doesn't feel like I'm working that hard, and I'm not completely exhausted when I'm done.

2) It's like stepping I suppose, you get oriented pretty quick, it's rather easy to stop if you start feeling like your going to fall. Like I said before, I probably won't jump on and off though.:)

Thanks for the good info, I could use some new cardio, this might be it.

Hi girls, I read your comments and I have a question maybe you can help me: is possible do those workout and use the bosu instead the rebounder?
Ciao
Chiara

How will I know when it will be on HSN? I already have a rebounder, but if it's free for the same price I can give it to someone for christmas!

Hi girls, I read your comments and I have a question maybe you can help me: is possible do those workout and use the bosu instead the rebounder?
Ciao
Chiara

Of course I have no experience with the rebounder, but personally, I could never jump continuously on a bosu without constantly falling off. Looking at those new dvds, I really don't think a bosu is a good replacement, but these are really just my thoughts, I'll defer to those with experience :)

Ciao
Chiara

I wouldn't.
There may be some moves that you can use the Bosu for, but most not.
If you go to the site, you can see some clips from the workouts.

Someone on Facebook asked Amy Bento if she could substitute a BOSU and Amy said no.

What does everyone think about these new workouts?

Ciao
Chiara

Hi Chiara, I ask Amy that question:) This is what Amy said " I don't think you should attempt any of these on the Bosu it's just not a flat enough surface" Hope this helpes!

Hi all!

Thought I might offer my 2c here...

1. If you wear the wrong shoe and are an over-pronator, rebounding might give you IT band syndrome (I learned it the hard way, am an over-pronator AND wore jogging shoes on my rebounder) so be careful.

2. Rebounding does wonders to your lymphatic system. Being a unidirectional circulation system, the movement and G-force rebounding forces on your body enhances lymph circulation.

I usually rebound once a week (doctor's advice is 2-3 since we have a family history of lymphatic system issues; mainly swollen lower legs). It's easy on the joints and you get a sense of floating as soon as you step off the rebounder!

Chris.

I have 2 questions -

1. I, too pronate and was wondering what type of shoes to wear on the rebounder? (My workout shoes are for people who pronate)

2. Does it matter what rebounder you get? I saw one at Sears awhile back for around $20 -$30, just wondering if I should invest in any one or are there specific ones to avoid or search out.

I am really interested in starting up rebounding and this set of dvds look like just the reason to start now.

thanks for your help on this!

- sarah

I have 2 questions -

1. I, too pronate and was wondering what type of shoes to wear on the rebounder? (My workout shoes are for people who pronate)

2. Does it matter what rebounder you get? I saw one at Sears awhile back for around $20 -$30, just wondering if I should invest in any one or are there specific ones to avoid or search out.

I am really interested in starting up rebounding and this set of dvds look like just the reason to start now.

thanks for your help on this!

- sarah

1. I wear Avia cross trainers usually for 30-40 minutes, and I recently did a short one with Asics kanbarra 5's with 2lb. ankle weights. I have also tried barefoot, but not for an entire session. All with good results. (Crosstrainers for 2 months)

2. There is a range in both price & quality of bounce, i.e. soft, firm. I would buy from somewhere you can return. Prior to regularly stepping for months & months, I did think the bounce on mine was really stiff, it's great now. If you're just starting out it does require time to get used to, like anything. Buy from somewhere you can return if you really don't like it.

There are many benefits of rebounding, and it's an efficient workout. Adding ankle weights greatly affected the intensity of core work. But I reduced the time by half and then did my normal 30 minutes without weights later. You just won't feel like you're working out that hard, and you don't have to to get the benefit.

I have a $50.00 Nordic Track from Sears, you could spend hundreds more for a Bellicon that reportedly lasts a lifetime. Get one that's at least 40-48 inches in diameter. I'm happily bouncing along on the one I have.:)

Now I'm off to find out if or why you can't burn the same calorie twice and who are those people who eat just the skins off apples & why are they doing that?

:rolleyes:

I bought the quad-fold Reboundair a few years back. It's sturdy and bulky and you can fold it in 4 so it doesn't take up too much space. I recall it being a bit pricey, though...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.