Explain the different levels of STS 2.0 exercise variations?

Gobias

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

At some point, can you please explain the different levels of exercise options given in the STS 2.0 series. I am loving the wide variety of options for each exercise, but would like to know easiest to hardest level for several of the exercises, so that I can advance accordingly. Or if the different options are not so much for a different level, please explain the different muscle used for each option.

For example, standing versus sitting versus kneeling for the same exercise. Are the options given for a different advancement level or for different muscle recruitment? For push-ups, toes versus knees with fabric loop around arms. Pull-ups using the new tower (palms in) versus old tower (palms forward or backward) versus straight leg versus bent leg versus one leg. Band back rows using the band over the fitness tower (more vertical) versus band around feet (more horizontal). etc.

Also, is it best to pick ONE variation to do the move throughout the entire STS 2.0 series, or is it OK to change it each time I do the disc?

Thank You!

Cathe sometimes mentions some of that kind of thing during her workouts, but I have a horrible memory. So, I agree that it would be very helpful to have that kind of info (muscle recruitment, level of difficulty, etc.) easily accessible before putting my DVD in the player. Debinmi's idea of putting it in the User's Guide would work perfectly for me. It would make setting up for my workouts more convenient if I had the info I needed easily accessible. If the User guide mentioned, for example, that an exercise was easier with bands assisting, I'd know to get my bands out before I start working out. I make workout cards for my workouts. When my needs change, though, my workout cards don't always get updated, because I only write down what I remember after I've completed the workout. I don't stop during my workout to note anything except a change in my weights. My memory isn't always at its best (that's putting it nicely), so not everything gets written down when I'm done - especially if my husband and son pester me. It took forever to get them to not interrupt me during workouts. After the DVDs done, they seem to think my mind is theirs and they can ask the dozens of questions that they've been holding back. Having that type of info in the User Guide would be a great "memory trigger" for me. I need all the help I can get. Is it just me, or do the rest of you get bombarded with "urgent" questions such as ("Is there mail delivery on President's Day?", Where's my (fill in the blank)?", "What's for supper?" - asked in the morning, etc.)? I need a few minutes to process my own thoughts and just kind of "gel" after a workout. It makes my workouts feel more complete and gives me time to kind of reevaluate where I'm at, what I need, and where I'm going fitness-wise. Sorry, kind of went off on a rampage there. lol

Ladies, I am with you on the interruptions! My guy suddenly wants to kiss and hug me (while doing step...I end up just mowing him down), pinch or otherwise grab at me while lifting heavy weights (risking a heavy dumbbell on his foot) or have that long conversation I had been requesting for a week (knowing I am breathless at the moment.) And of course he always must ask where something is at that very moment (why is everything "lost" at 6am?)

He also likes to mirror me and make "girly" whoop whoop sounds acting like he is stepping. I end up just ignoring him and he will get bored and leave. I also resorted to locking the door and putting a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the handle.

He usually goes to the gym or goes outside running, but once in awhile he will do a bike trainer in the garage. Last few times he did, I went out there and continued to hang on him, talk to him, cover the screen, and flash him. All to distract and annoy him. I think he got the idea.

Cathe will point out and explain different exercise options and variations throughout the series. In many cases she uses the rest periods between sets for these types of talking points and at other times she walks around while the cast is doing different options to discuss the differences or similarities.

Cathe will point out and explain different exercise options and variations throughout the series. In many cases she uses the rest periods between sets for these types of talking points and at other times she walks around while the cast is doing different options to discuss the differences or similarities.
Kinda similar to the original STS & Slow & Heavy series!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.