Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

I also received my shipping notice, I am very excited to get this series. Hopefully my knees will like this series, seeing Amanda do the modifications will be helpful.
I decided to finish my shopping for the holidays today so no w/o, however I did so much walking I got one anyways, lol.

Hey, I was at the post office today as well Cendrine. Wasn't too bad though .....just waited 25 mins. : )
How are your AG classes going Katie? I am pretty curious about these.
I ordered ICE right off the bat I thought, but no ship notification for me yet.

Yesterday, stress and no workout, lol, today I did Fitness Blender's upper body kettlebell & added on some of those plank to side planks with a kettlebell curl under as a whole body move. All about the shorter workouts this month it seems!

How are your AG classes going Katie? I am pretty curious about these.
Elsie, I love these classes, it involves a hammock suspended from the ceiling. Since I have a hammock in my house I only go one day a week to the studio. I have become friends with the instructor because we both go to the same yoga studio. She makes her class very challenging, and it is different every week which is so refreshing. We always start in a low hammock, very close to the ground. We do a lot of heart openings and back stretches in this position. We will learn a few more complicated movements, especially any flips while we are low, and then we practice those moves in the higher hammock. It is always a great core work out.
No w/o today, I did my holiday cleaning and finished wrapping presents.
I am hoping to do athletic training or CSS tomorrow since I won't have many days this week to w/o.

There's a yoga studio kind of close to me that offers this but I have always been afraid to try it. Silly I know! I did a couple of Iyengar ropes classes before and didn't like it, but this sounds more therapeutic if you need it to be, Katie. :)

Today, I just got on the floor and stability ball for about 40 mins and did some of my own therapy. Lots of shoulder stuff. Hoping to get in some legs this week before Friday. I am so stressed out!

and finished wrapping presents.
Oh, wow! I still have two presents to get & just have NO ideas.

There's a yoga studio kind of close to me that offers this but I have always been afraid to try it. Silly I know!
Quite a lot of people I talk to about it are afraid, it really is fun. Once you learn to trust the hammock, you will realize that it is very hard to actually fall out of it.. I have done some crazy things on mine and never have fallen out.
Yesterday I did Athletic training. My son popped in on me this am on his way home from NYC, it was so nice to visit with him, but because he stayed awhile I didn't get to do a work out.
Tomorrow my son and his fiancee arrive, I am so excited to see them! They got engaged last weekend, we couldn't be with them since I got sick.
I plan on going to my yoga class in the am.

Today is probably the only day I will be able to w/o with the holidays. I did the Ice LI sweat 1&2, the back muscle breakdown, and core 2. I burned 560 calories. I don't think I have ever burned that many calories doing a cathe w/o. It wasn't very hard, but I definitely felt it.
Have a wonderful holiday. I probably won't be checking in until after the New Year.

Katie, you have ICE? Right on. I didn't do any workout yesterday or today, have an acupuncture appt. at 230. Will try to get in legs tonight if am not feeling too weak. I am beginning to get that menstrual very weak legs and painful hips thing going on again even though I am not due for another 8/9 days. Uggh. My legs are useless sometimes for days.

Have a wonderful and fun filled holiday!! Congrats on your new daughter in-law Katie! :)

I got ICE in the mail last night, so I did the first of the two LI workouts plus the blast add on. Tomorrow I think I'm going to try the leg one. I can't remember the names yet, but the one that isn't all floor. I was able to do the moves fine and didn't need to modify except for one segment where my shoulder acted up, but as far as legs go, I got worked good. I don't think Cathe is capable of doing intermediate workouts... Lol, but it's usually easy enough to modify. I have lost quite a bit of cardio capacity since having slowed down for my nutritional balancing program. Maybe the cardio DVD would not have got me sweating as much had I maintained previous levels, but as it is, I was dripping after...

Cendrine, I thought the preview for that one (chiseled lower body I think) looked very intense. You two are lucky you got your ICE. I haven't even got a tracking no. or anything. Hope I get it before the New Year.
I have to get an xray on my shoulder in the New Year as well. I probably should have went before, but well, I just hate going to the dr for anything and I do not have an actual family dr. anyway ....have not had one in years. (it's a Canadian thing in cities .....no doctors).

Tonight, I did get in some leg work. I did Jessica Smith lower body barre and added wide legged deadlifts. Probably be taking at least a week off now. Hoping to get to the mountains for some cross country skiing during the holiday however. That always wears me out!

Elsie, I'm sore from the cardio I did yesterday and still added on the chiseled legs today... It seems this one is an easy one to modify simply by adjusting weights and doing low impact moves when your legs are burning up...

I finally understand the muscle meltdown, or whatever it's called. I think dh will like those segments best of all and add on the core segments.

Have fun cross country skiing! I have only done it once or twice, much prefer downhill lol! But haven't done that in about twenty years now either... Somehow I don't miss the snow.

I'm fitting in one more cardio workout tomorrow morning before leaving town through the weekend. I'll pick up working out again on Monday. I'm not sure if I'll do an ICE rotation, have you guys thought about doing one? I hope your order shows up soon! Knowing it's across the border, there will be a delay. It's unpredictable for my family. Sometimes I ship something to Switzerland and it gets there in a week and other times it takes longer...

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Hey! :) Hope you are all enjoying the treats of the season & having a bit of time with your friends and/or families.

Caitlin, hope you are able to settle into your new digs!

I've been doing a walk here and there and today went on a long walk. Have come down with the flu now however and my back is really bad. What luck! Still determined to go on that cross country skiing trip though so I better be better in a couple of days!! :)

Still NO ICE here for me. :(

I'm back from our trip to Seattle without picking up any bugs, yay! I went on a long, cold walk while there, but that's all I did for exercise. Yesterday I did to the mat legs and glutes and today I did the second segment of low impact sweat and the add on blizzard. Still getting familiar with the names.

Elsie, I'm so sorry to hear about your flu! It seems to be making the rounds here too. A family I know all took turns over the holidays... No fun. Praying for quick recovery and bursting energy for your cross country skiing fun!

My sons and their significant others all left today, I didn't get any workouts in while they were here. Today I did the ICE metabolic total body, the add on blizzard which I modified a lot to keep it low impact, and the core 1. It had a lot of new moves which were interesting, I need to do it again to see if I like it.
Elsie, I hope you feel better soon so that you can go on your trip.

Today I did low impact sweat 1&2 and To the mat legs. I am really happy I did sweat first because to the mat wasn't very hard. I think next time I will do sweat 1 or 2 and then do to the mat with the shoulder work.

ICE sounds interesting. :)

Still have this darn flu unfortunately but at least my fever broke today after sleeping for 15 hours off and on. So, fun trip has been postponed. But that's not actually so bad cause now the overnight stay will be cheaper. Our looking for another place hasn't been going too well. Hope that gets better as I need consistent sleep (moving due to so much noise all night long). Thought we had a place but the propety manager hasn't gotten back to me.

Hoping to get back to working out before long. Perhaps by the time ICE gets here, I will be better to start again! :) I feel like a lump. lol.

Anyone going out tonight? I think I'll just be doing a movie in with my guy and maybe enjoy some brandy or something. If my throat isn't too sore, I will go out & revel a little! Like 15 mins. Party animal! lol.

Elsie, I am so sorry you still are not feeling well. Hopefully you will get better soon, and be able to move. I hope the manager gets back to you soon.
Today I did ICE rock EM sock EM, and the tricep muscle work. I enjoyed the w/o but my elbows and knees did not. Looks like it will be one that sits around and collects dust.
We are not doing anything tonight, we do not enjoy the chaos of New Years. In the past when we have gone out the service was lousy and so expensive!
Happy New Years!

There's a yoga studio kind of close to me that offers this but I have always been afraid to try it. Silly I know! I did a couple of Iyengar ropes classes before and didn't like it, but this sounds more therapeutic if you need it to be, Katie. :)

Today, I just got on the floor and stability ball for about 40 mins and did some of my own therapy. Lots of shoulder stuff. Hoping to get in some legs this week before Friday. I am so stressed out!

Oh, wow! I still have two presents to get & just have NO ideas.

Stress is no fun..... I don't mean to pry and you don't have answer, but is it work stress? I work in accounting and this month has been brutal. .Every December I wonder what the heck I was thinking :) Whatever your stress is Elsie, I hope it gets better for you soon!!

I would say that work is definitely considered stress! Trying to work, take care of family, cook, clean, etc.., this is all stressful. Thank goodness for exercising, it is the only way for me to lower my stress level.

Happy New Year, everyone! I don't do anything for New Years, I prefer my sleep, Lol, but my kids, as they are getting more aware of things, want to do stuff. This year they wanted martinelli. I can handle that....

I am not able to do most of the ICE workouts because they involve upper body, so for now I am only doing the low impact sweat and the chiseled legs and to the mat workouts. Martial arts type workouts have never done much for me, so I don't think I'll be doing this one even when my shoulder cooperates. But I would like to do the metabolic total body ones. I also like the blizzard blasts provided they don't involve to much upper body moving. I can modify to get some extra cardio.

I don't mean to pry and you don't have answer, but is it work stress? I work in accounting and this month has been brutal. .Every December I wonder what the heck I was thinking :) Whatever your stress is Elsie, I hope it gets better for you soon!!
Thanks Dawn! :) Ooh, year end accounting sounds like a lot of pressure. It's not really work related stress for me, but just getting ready for the holidays, mostly family related stress & just many things that is going on with my life this past year. It is stressful that my job isn't permanent though I suppose! lol. I am beginning a new therapy group this month for anxiety & trauma, so this will be helping me ...I hope so anyway.

Thank goodness for exercising, it is the only way for me to lower my stress level.
Yes!! Getting strong on the outside helps me pretend to be stronger on the inside! lol. Nah, I kid. I does help me be a stronger person.

Cendrine, I noticed from the previews as well that ICE does look shoulder intense. So sorry that you aren't able to exercise that yet. Do take care! It's important. What are you thinking of the modifying in ICE?
I should have ICE here by Monday I hope & can try it out then. I am still with the flu (whole dang holidays!), but went out today anyway for a long walk at the seawall. I think it was our coldest day yet. It was so beautiful & sunny though. Many people were doing the polar bear dip in the frigid ocean and being wrapped in flannel afterwards! I don't know how anyone can do that!! It was amusing to watch them get out. There were also many, many families there at the beach who just came to Canada these past couple of weeks as Syrian refugees and they were cold but truly seemed so happy to be here and together with their families. Just so beautiful! Makes you understand how abundant our own lives are and really just fills the spirit with gladness. I can certainly relate to leaving my home where my heart is to escape very low earnings/unemployment, but there is no way I can even imagine having to escape ongoing brutal war & the destruction of everything I know.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.