Exclusively Weights

Is that because of the cardio aspects of the other programs? I find that I actually put on more fat without the cardio. Just curious..
For me, my body fat comes from my diet. I have never been overweight, but always had a "female" softness to me. It wasn't until I went exclusively whole plants (with no overt fats) that my body fat effortlessly went down. I did not change anything about my workouts (I have always done a nice mixture of cardio and weights and stretch).

It was the heavy lifting that gave me the "cut" and definition. The fact my diet made me lose any extra body fat showcased the fact I had been heavy lifting...which has given me quite the cut and lean physique. And the heavy lifting gave me a "power" that is kind of hard to describe.

For me, cardio helps tremendously with my stamina, health, heart, lung function; but in no way touched my weight.

Would love a new weight series. Here’s an idea, how about 12 discs, first four could be build focus lower reps, 8-10, with more isolation moves per body part, then four with moderate rep range 10-12, with supersets, drop sets, and then four with rep range of 12-15, featuring more compound moves and giant sets to get a little more cardio effect. Combos for first set could be heavy back/ tri’s, chest/arms, shoulders, and glutes/legs. Second set could be chest/shoulders, back/arms, legs, and glutes/rear delts. Last set of discs, shoulders /tri’s, glutes/bi’s, legs/rear delts and back and chest. Just an idea.
Amy

Would love a new weight series. Here’s an idea, how about 12 discs, first four could be build focus lower reps, 8-10, with more isolation moves per body part, then four with moderate rep range 10-12, with supersets, drop sets, and then four with rep range of 12-15, featuring more compound moves and giant sets to get a little more cardio effect. Combos for first set could be heavy back/ tri’s, chest/arms, shoulders, and glutes/legs. Second set could be chest/shoulders, back/arms, legs, and glutes/rear delts. Last set of discs, shoulders /tri’s, glutes/bi’s, legs/rear delts and back and chest. Just an idea.
Amy
Also, prefer music like she’s been using in the Cathe Lives and maybe a tropical scene in the background
. Am I asking too much? lol

I too would LOVE a low rep heavy weight workout series! Based on lots of research that I have read, both from Cathe’s blog and from other sources, low rep, heavy weight workouts, especially as Total Body workouts, are supposed to be the most helpful for building strength and muscle for ‘mature’/menopausal women, so From my personal perspective I would wholeheartedly support a program like this!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.