Eggs

Evie

Cathlete
I have bought Eggland's Best in the past, even before Cathe started partnering with them, and they are good eggs, but expensive, so I stopped buying. When Cathe sent a coupon with my order, I used it to buy them again, but without a coupon, I thought they were just too expensive. At my local Sam's Club, Eggland's were double the price of regular eggs yesterday.

I can't believe that I am writing this - I am thrilled to have an alternative to the eggs that I've been buying, which I'm guessing come from a place that is similar to where the eggs that have been recalled come from. I tried in the last week to buy eggs locally, and I live in a rural agricultural area, but suddenly, all these local eggs are sold out!

I bought Eggland's Best yesterday. Yes, they are more expensive, but I have far more confidence in these eggs than in any other eggs available right now.

Thanks, Cathe, for letting everyone know that there is an alternative!

We love eggs, and even though these are more expensive, I'm glad to have another option. It's worth the money to know that I won't get sick from eggs!

OK, I'm confused. Is Eggland's Best part of the recall too? It's the brand I always buy. Just had 3 hard boiled the other day and haven't felt sick.

As far as I know, Eggland's Best is NOT part of the recall.

I have recently switched from regular eggs to free-range, cage-free eggs. You can get them at Wal-Mart too. They may not be totally organic, but I figure it's better than the standard mass-production egg. They are more expensive for a dozen than I was paying for 1 1/2 dozen, but not as expensive as Eggland's.

I'm happy to know that Egglands is OK too! I'm so thankful Cathe posted something on her blog about it. I feel better about eating them. Plus, I just made two pound cakes today and used a dozen and didn't have to worry about the eggs because I used EB! (No, both pound cakes were not for us! :p)

I think Cathe had a hand in this egg recall...EB is the only 'ok' eggs! Lol im just kidding! Those are the eggs I eat as well

I just found out a nearby farmers market offers eggs. That's not typical around here ~ usually we get fruits, veggies, breads, and cheeses only.

I have to ask ~ is it me, or are EB eggs "fluffier" (for lack of a better word). I definitely notice a difference between them and generic eggs when I fry them up for the kids. They seem thicker and puffier in a way.

They don't sell Egglands best where I live, but there are lots of farmers where I can just go pick up some fresh eggs anytime. Lot's of small farms around, which is great.

Plus, I just made two pound cakes today...
hungry2.gif
Feel free to post the recipe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.