Ebay Sellers

tygra

Cathlete
Anyone here currently selling on ebay? I've noticed that of recent, things are selling very, very slowly - even Cathe's. Had to list several 2 - 3 times and still waiting. Shocked as many are more popular workouts. Some are VHS, but that has never stopped them from selling before. Just not sure if there's maybe a cycle that people that have sold for a while have seen? Maybe it's just that many are preordering Cathe's new ones instead!:)

I haven't sold on ebay yet, but I do swaps at VF and YaYas and also try to sell some stuff on YaYas. It has really taken a long time for me to get rid of some of the workouts, including Cathe, that I don't use. This really hasn't happened before, so I don't really know what is happening. Maybe everyone is waiting for the new workouts or maybe people are getting into other advanced instructors that are hitting the market.

Karin

I noticed a slow down towards the end of the summer, but recently I think it's picking up again. Now if only the real estate market would pick up too....(DH is an agent!) :D

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I've been selling on ebay for several years and I noticed that the best time to sell is February, April, May, August, September and October. I don't even bother in November, December or July. These are the worst months to sell on ebay.

Sometimes people won't bid or even look until last minute so I don't give too much thought if I don't have many watchers or anyone bidding until it gets down to the last few hours.

Charlotte~~

>I noticed a slow down towards the end of the summer, but
>recently I think it's picking up again. Now if only the real
>estate market would pick up too....(DH is an agent!) :D
>
>Sparrow
>

I hear you there, Sparrow!! DH and I want to sell within the next few years, but there's over 6000 houses on the market here now!!! Talk about flooding the market (happened after there was NO housing after Hurricane Ivan!)

I would think that during the summer and after the December holidays are when people think more about exercising.

I am an eBay buyer, usually when it is slower the videos are cheaper, in which I can afford to purchase. But school just started, children's activities, for example, my son is playing football. The fees, equipment, etc are about the same price as Cathe's pre-order yikes! And then there is football season. In the south, football is a RELIGION. I think another reason, is paypal and shipping.
Some people prefer not to use paypal (I don't have a credit card because I went back to graduate school). And if shipping rates are 10.00 for on dvd or vhs (and I know about eBay fees, shipping, gas to the post office etc), then people are turned off.
So hang in there, I am pretty sure, someone will purchase. Plus the best time to sell is the beginnin of the month. Most people get paid then. Annette

It could be many reasons. I would think January will be the most profitable month to sell anything related to fitness.
For me, I was burned on ebay with a cathe dvd. I received a bootleg or import(not sure which). It looks authentic, but the quality is terrible. I own several of Cathe's dvd's, so I know this isn't normal. The pictured is blurred on the outer edges. It was a brand new Power Hour with a starting bid of $9.99 and $7.99 shipping. I lost the auction at the last second and then the seller(with 100% feedback of 67) sent me a second chance offer immediately. I got the "new" dvd for $13+ shipping. I thought what a deal! Well, it's not. I'm out the $20.99 and stuck with a dvd that hurts my eyes! Ebay takes $25 off the top of any filed complaint. Maybe some are happy with bootleg copies, but I'm not for many reasons.
Power hour will end up costing me a total of over $75 after I rebuy it from a legit company. So for me, lesson learned. I will buy from only Cathe.com.
I view Cathe's tapes as having a personal trainer in the room. $50 is cheap for the sessons I'll have with each tape. Cathe.com customer service is one of THE BEST online companies I order from. I don't have one complaint. Quality and service.

The time of year could be why things aren't selling as fast but I've noticed over the past year a huge influx of bootleg Cathe workouts (and many others as well) showing up on eBay. In general I think prospective buyers are onto what these really are and have fallen back on buying from a guaranteed source (i.e. directly from Cathe.com) rather than risking getting a poor copy. This really hurts the legitimate seller (and buyer for that matter) as the legit stuff is not getting bid on/sold either. It really stinks that it's gotten that way. I used to get some good deals on eBay but now I don't even bother looking.

Thanks, all! Yes, I've seen and heard about the bootleggers selling illegal DVD's and I see people (most new to ebay) bidding on them and I want to tell them NO because I hate to see them get burned! I've purchased DVD's now, so I am actually selling the VHS tapes and relatively low shipping. I always ship first class. So, we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

Wow...I have purchased about 4 Cathe DVDs on eBay recently...this concerns me. Haven't had any problems w/ the quality but I'm just wondering how good the bootleg copies look. Other than the DVD itself having blurry edges, is the packaging any different? Maybe I've gotten lucky.

In terms of sales, I've noticed bids on certain DVDs were quite high lately--a bit too high in my opinion--and relatively low on others.

Usually, but not always, the back of the DVD is purple. It also doesn't have the writing 'etched' in the back in the inside ring - usually states what it is or the company that made it. I luckily did not have a problem buying DVD's on ebay, but I found a few reputable sellers and stuck with them.

I've also noticed some of the more popular ones have been going for low pricing while others skyrocket.

Hi,

I happened to read your post, and saw that you have been trying to sell some Cathe videos on Ebay. I recently purchased a few from someone here on the Cathe forums. I prefer DVD's, but due to price, sometimes settle for videos. If you'd like to sell any directly, I would appreciate it if you could let me know which ones you have, as well as what you are asking for them. The person I've been buying them from sold me 12 videos so far at $5. each. I think I cleaned her out. My email is [email protected]. Please contact me if you're interested. I appreciate it.

Iris

Uh-Oh, I hope I wasn't conned by a bad seller. The feedback was good - can that stuff be faked?

Susan L.G.

My seller had 100% feedback. My bootleg was very good and it is very possible others haven't noticed or just don't care. Some people are happy to get the bootlegs for a fraction of the cost. Same people who buy fake designer purses etc. There are alot of really good fakes on ebay and often difficult to tell the difference.
How do I know the legitimate seller (who is selling his/her used copy) didn't buy a bootleg and doesn't realize it? It's just not worth it to me. I've seen one legit seller on ebay selling Cathe dvd's at a discount price, but her shipping is more than cathe.com.

I've heard of imports too. I think imports are copies made in China. The casing on the dvd that I bought from ebay looks exactly like all the others I have. I can't find one difference. The back of the dvd itself is silver, but the ring close to the hole does not have any printing on it. All my dvd's from Cathe.com have small printing on the inside ring.

In all honesty, I should have known when I got a second chance offer after I lost the auction.

Now I'm really worried. I checked last night and the same seller has another RS+IMAX+MIC DVD for sale.

I just feel awful about SNM getting ripped off, and me being suckered into it.

Sigh...:(

I was really ticked off at myself for not listening to my inner voice. I just know I won't make the same mistake twice!!!
I'll re-buy the dvd from SNM(after I re-coup from buying the new series and intensity series:) )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.