easy step dvd

Kitterfly

Cathlete
:p okay so i love cathe's dvds, and am getting more and more into them as my body allows . I would Really love to do more of the step dvds but I am So choreography challenged. I just got low impact circiut and can do that okay and really like it alot but just kinda stood there watching low max going huh how did that go again and again and again?:eek: is it just me? Does anyone have any dvd rec for just step workouts that have simplier moves? Thanks

She has one called Basic Step + Body Fusion DVD . The basic step really breaks down the moves, so people can pick them up. The body fusion is a cardio and weights version but I think is good for breaking down the steps, she's good about repeating them several times. Go to Shop Cathe and check out the video clip for both.

Don't worry it takes a few times in order to get the steps down. When you start being able to hear the names of each move(ex. flying angels, 3 knee repeater, powerjig) you will be able to pick up the routines easier too.

Hope this helps some.

Stick with it, Lo Max is my favorite and you will become a pro in no time!!!!

:p okay so i love cathe's dvds, and am getting more and more into them as my body allows . I would Really love to do more of the step dvds but I am So choreography challenged. I just got low impact circiut and can do that okay and really like it alot but just kinda stood there watching low max going huh how did that go again and again and again?:eek: is it just me? Does anyone have any dvd rec for just step workouts that have simplier moves? Thanks

I recommend IMAX 2. It is a very challenging cardio workout - seriously! But the choreography, IMO, is fairly easy to learn. Since you have Low Impact Circuit down, you shouldn't have any problems learning Imax 2 :D So, while you may be huffin' and puffin' during Imax 2, you will be able to pick up on the choreography quite quicky :D HTH's!

I have to sit down and watch the workouts a few times before I try a new one. Then, when I see something challenging---I just get up and practice it while I am previewing the DVD. It takes time------but once you get it----SWEAT! Like someone said earlier, once you learn the moves and understanding the terminology you will catch on and recognize moves in other DVDS. Continue to have fun.

Hi Kitterfly,
Saw your post and wanted to let you know that I can relate. I have quite a few of Cathe's Step DVD's and with each one, it took at least four work outs before I did the moves correctly. I just kept moving until I got it. ( For me the hardest was 4DS -Highstep,,,,took me FOREVER to catch on to that.) Not sure which ones you have already, but I noticed that Step Blast was an easier one to catch on to, as well as Step ,Jump & Pump . The Step Segments in 'Cardio & Weights 'are really easy and fun too. Also like the others posted, IMAX 2 and Low max ( LOVE those both ) are easier to learn as well.
All the above,,,,,, are VERY good cardio step DVD's !!

Besides watching the DVD numerous times before trying the workout, I suggest trying to master Cathe's step DVD's by each premix. The premixes are usually 40-45 minutes, and are broken down by combos 1-4 or 4-7 with warm-up and cool down included. You will still get a good workout, and not get overwhemled in trying to learn the total 60-70 minutes of full workout.

Most important thing is to stick with it!

Callygrrl

thanks for the information. I think I will try imax 2 next. and look out some of the other mentioned I retried low max with the 1-4 blasts and did much better today thanks again:)
by the way is body max 2 a easier one to learn also? kinda looked like it from the clip but thought i ask 1st:p

thanks for the information. I think I will try imax 2 next. and look out some of the other mentioned I retried low max with the 1-4 blasts and did much better today thanks again:)
by the way is body max 2 a easier one to learn also? kinda looked like it from the clip but thought i ask 1st:p

I think you'll really like Imax 2!:D Yes, Body Max 2 is an easier one to learn; not anymore difficult than Low Impact Circuit. It might even be a little bit easier. To learn that is!:p

Which Cathe DVD's have premixes?

Callygrrl (and others),
I appreciate all the information discussed in this thread. WHich Cathe step videos have the premixes? I have the step coordination of a water buffalo.
-- Davidj

Hi David, low impact circuit dvd , and low max dvd have premixes-but that all the step ones i have for now ( for now!!!) Dont worry I'm a water buffalo also

I'm choreography challenged as well. I know the Hardcore, Body Blast and Intensity Series DVD's have premixes.

I do not have all of the step DVD's, but if you go to shop cathe.com and look at individual DVD's, there is tab that list the premixes included on the DVD if any.

Callygrrl

i just did imax 2 for the first time :mad: this is how my face looked and this is how i felt:eek: ( hot and out of breath) LOL! thanks for the rec. easy to learn like you guys said but have a long way to go to catch up to those girls :). The cardio and weights looks great I cant wait to try it :p Thanks again.

just got body max 2 and boy is it tough but so easy to learn i love it even if it is killing me. its okay if you mess up a couple steps you dont get lost you can just jump right back in. not dancy and stuff at all. what a great one! I think i like it better than imax 2. and much better than most of low max.

hi merry, cathe step dvds basic step and body fusion and low impact step is what i started with. The clips can be viewed on her shopping site :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.