DVD & VCR Together?

tryin2bfit

Cathlete
I know nothing about DVD's so please help!

I have most of Cathe's, plus many others, VHS tapes. With the new Intensity Series, however, I'm thinking of getting the DVD's as I think we'll get a DVD player in the near future.

My question is: Can you have both a VCR & a DVD player attached to your TV and use one or the other? I can't see replacing my VHS tapes with DVD's and would like to still be able to use them, but I don't want to invest any more money in VHS when DVD seems like the way to go.

Thanks in advance!

Sandi

Hey Sandi! You can hook up vcr,dvd and even satellites to your tv! You can definietly hook up the 2 though ! It all depends on what tv you have if you want to add more than 2, in that case you would have to buy connectors! They also sell a dvd and vcr combinations!You can buy them at Circuit city,bestbuy and even walmart! I'll try to paste Walmarts here so you can check out the selections http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=92528&path=0:3944:3987:62055:92528 Take care!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

added thought

oops I forgot to add that whatever you decide to hook up will work for you!You can use either dvd/or vcr and have no problems!Just turn one on and the other off! It's that easy!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

RE: added thought

I have a DVD player and VCR both hooked up to my TV. I do need to change a setting in my TV when I use the DVD player but it only takes a couple seconds.

Ok, this really isn't related to the original question, but I have another question. I am also trying to hook up my DVD player. I currently have a VCR. When I hook up my DVD, it works, but the picture starts fading from bright to dark and then gets wobbly and then goes back to normal. That happens every two minutes or so, if you just stare at the tv and watch. Hubby thinks my TV is too old to be compatible with the DVD. Is he crazy or can this be possible??? The DVD works, it just doesn't seem to be coming through like it should in the picture. It is not the DVD player or the DVD... we hooked them up to another newer TV and it worked. Anyone knows what gives????

You should post this question over on VF, Janice. Someone over there is really knowledgable (sp?) about this sort of stuff!
Wendy

Th same thing happened to me. If your dvd player is hooked up through your vcr, the copyright protection on some of your dvds will result in a less than perfect picture. Supposedly,if you were trying to make an illegal copy, the end result would be a copy much worst than what you actually see on your tv screen.

My owners manual for my dvd player actually mentions this briefly. A friend of mine mentioned some sort of receiver I would need to purchase. There's a thread at the yayas about this and someone mentioned getting a rf modulator. They aren't that expensive. My Tamilee dvd doesn't do that at all but the kid's Clifford dvd does. Someone also said that fitness dvds don't do it as much as others do so we'll see when I get my new Cathe dvds.

HTH,
Rockette

Thank you all for your quick responses! You've given me great info and an idea of what questions to ask at the store before purchasing. I'm just glad it's possible to use the two together!

Thanks again!
Sandi

Sandi,
just another bit of info...
they are selling new DVD/VCR combo units. As my VCR is approaching old age, I'm considering getting one.
I cringe at the thought of replacing all my VHS tapes..ouch! going to be expensive!
Good luck in your fitness goals!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.