Drill Max is simply awesome!!

eaglobo

Cathlete
Now that I have resigned myself to the fact that using the step for anything but a bench is just too rough for my back condition, and have thrown in my own cardio bursts during the step drills, I have to say DM has replaced KPC as my favorite Cathe DVD. Although I love KPC, there is just so much variety to DM. Today I did the Scrambled Cardio Blast, and I was a happy puddle when finished.

I simply cannot stand any workout this doesn't give me a return on my time investment, this has never happened with a Cathe DVD, and I don't expect it ever will. I felt so accomplished after this workout today that I just collapsed on my yoga mat and laid there with this weird grin, I was quite happy DW was working at this time.

Catherine,

I absolutely love the jump across the room move, followed by the forward bounding, that gets me every time, along with the stability ball drill, never so happy to put the ball down in my life!

This is one of my favorites! I just did the 60 miute all cardio premix, but have to differ with you on the bounding across the room, jerry, I really don´t like that drill. Boredom factor, maybe? The drill with the ball is a killer, especially doing it twice in a row. And the other drill mentioned,the one with the jumping jacks gets me every time. Just when i think it´s finished I think "that wasn´t too hard", come the fast foot taps. I forget those every time :eek:

I can't believe it took me so long to purchase Drill Max. I just received it last week and I am in the "honeymoon" period with this one! Love it. I did it "as is," but it's a bit too long for me and I got one of my dreaded exertion headaches from it. However, the pre-mixes are very doable, effective, and fabulous!

Sarah :)

I was very leary of buying this because of my back issues. Just by reading the blog and viewing clips, I was able to decide that this was something I could modify to my own situation, and it has been nothing short of phenominal.

Love DM!!! A great all over, functional fitness workout! I love how worked over I feel when I'm done!!

Deanie

:) I agree. I just got it in the mail last week and did it yesterday for the first time. It was great! I was sopping wet after I was done and was hot for probably a good hour afterwards. I LOVE that!! I am so glad I stuck with it to find the right dvd's. Now I know what kind of Cathe I like and what does not click. The only minus I have is that my right achilles and the ball of my right foot is a little sore from all of the high impact - but I am sure it will be ok as today is not a high impact day for me.

the hardest part for me was the dive bomber pushups followed by the ones where you bring your legs to the side! Then doing the side plank with weight pushups as fast as she does them-that is hard!

I did DM this morning after not doing it for about a month. I always forget how much I love this workout! It feels fresh to me! My favorite cardio drill is #3 with the ball...I don't know why I love it but I do! Oh and I love the fast feet around the step.

Love love love DM! Well either that or I was just in the right nood for it today! :) :)
Jo

I love this workout too. I actually did the Cardio Blast this morning (i think it is 40 minutes) and I really sweat and was really red. I burned 499 cals.

During drill #2 where she jumps on the step with two feet and then off to side and back on, etc. I am a bit slow - will I get faster? I feel a bit ackward jumping on the step with my two feet at the same time.

I have a hard time with that jumping onto with two feet, too. Whenever a step routine calls for that, I don't put any risers on that day. I sort of tripped one time and having a riser in there is just not worth it for me. You could try it without risers and then if you are braver than I, eventually add one in and see how it goes.

I love the total body premix on drill max. It may not be as hard a workout as some, but it's really fun, I think!

-Beth

You could also just use the step, as Beth suggested, but try to jump higher. That way you would get the intensity, but not have to worry about falling. You can prob. jump higher than just the step. I always find myself tripping over the step (also with the fast foot- or is it "feet"?- repeaters) I couldn't agree w/Beth more- it's just not worth the risk.

Love DM the first time I did this workout I felt like my whole body was on fire I never ever I feel this before but this workout make me sweat }( }( }( love it...

New Drill Max owner here (yes, I caved), and I just did the Cardio Blast premix too. I had a lot of fun, but MAN I feel like a hippo doing the football run straddling the step.

I did DM this morning and I could not finish it but loved it. I look forward to completing it...one day. ;-) This will definetly get me in shape.

I have to agree DM is on point. I havent tried any of the premixes though. Does anyone have a favorite. I'm open

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.