Doing the FIRM everyday ?

Anat

Hi,
I have always heard that you should not work out with weights everyday and have at least 48 hours between weight workouts.
However, I noticed that the FIRM tapes (almost all of them) include weights in them, including the ones that are cardio.
The rotations I saw posted here incorporated doing the FIRM tapes one day after another. My question is: can I do the FIRM tapes on a daily basis ? Can I do light weights everyday ?

Thanks, Ann.

Hi Ann - I'm a long-time FIRM exerciser and do their tapes one day after another many times without any problems. The trick is to mix them up so that you're not focusing on the same body part and going heavy on weights with those body parts every day. For instance, I'll do Volume 1 which has a lot of lower body work with weights one day and then perhaps do a cardio tape with light weights or a sculpting tape for upper body the next day. You can certainly do light weights every day but if you want to gain muscle/strength, I recommend at least 1 day a week of heavy weights. Many of the Firm tapes, especially the cardio ones, don't use heavy weights so they're safe to use every day but as always, listen to how you feel and what your body is telling you.

Carol

I had great results doing the FIRM 6 days per week. I used two different rotatations. One was altenjating between the Tortoise and the Hare. The other was alternating between Strength and Cardio (just go lighter in Cardio). I had great strength gains and lost inches doing these rotations.

Lorrayne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.